You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

R.I.P. Lata Didi

Our national icon, Lata Didi is no more. The nightingale is silent. Her funeral will be conducted with full national and State honours in Mumbai today evening.

Let us pay our respects to a legend whose sweet voice gave joy to so many across the world, and share the favourite songs that have remained etched in your mind forever.
    Lata Mangeshkar was a great singer. Her death is not only a loss to our country but the whole of the world. Her fans are present all over the world and it is a sad moment for all of them.
    She was an exceptional singer and had sung thousands of songs covering so many feelings and mood. She is no more but her songs will be keeping people in melodious spirits for a long time to come.
    On this sad occasion I pray God for the peace and solace to the departed soul.

Knowledge is power.

She needs no description and no word would suffice to do so. She was and will be a legend. India's Nightingale is no more but the voice that mesmerised crores across the world will remain with us for years to come. From 'ye zindangi usiki hein' to 'ye mere watan ke logon' to 'ye kahaan aageye hum' and so on. So many songs! Will miss your beautiful rendition, Latadi! May your soul rest in eternal peace.
    "In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on." -Robert Frost

It is a bad day for music itself not alone to music lovers. Lataji is the human form of music. With her demise, we all lost a very melodious singer. The whole world in general and India, in particular, feel her loss very seriously. She is the best singer I heard of and no one will be near to her in that respect.
    Last year we lost a very famous singer Sri SP Balu and this year Lataji. The songs that are sung by these two in the movie "Ek tuje keliye" are very famous and even today are very well received by music lovers, She is 92 and she will be living forever on this earth in the form of her songs.
    I heard that PM is attending the funeral. Really it is the greatest reward one can give to her. I think she is the only Bharat Ratna in the cinema playback singer.
    My respects to the deceased soul and I pray God to see that her soul will be at peace. Om Shanti.

drrao
    always confident

Very shocking indeed. That Lata Mangeshkar is no more and she left for the heavenly aboard. For everyone her enchanting voice would be fondly remembered and who can forget her melodious voice with Balasubramanyam in Ek Duje ke liye which was the new experiment to sing in different language and the way she matched to the voice of Rati Agnihotri was everlasting. K Balachander could able to extract best voice, singing in Tamil and English words and thus the songs were super hit even today and the film actually bridged as the epitome of love between the South and North. With her death the film Industry has lost the golden voice and even in her ripe age, whenever she performed at consorts, that was ever lasting, well received and moe applauded by the crowd and her death a great loss to music.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Very sorry to have heard the news of demise of Latajee and for the music lovers, it would be difficult to fill up this void. She was the undisputed best singer and has covered over 25,000 odd songs including Malayalam, Kannada, Tamil, Bengali apart from Hindi. The best part of her songs is that once we hear them, we would like to have more of it. It was that much infatuating and to some extent intoxicating. She had over 74 years exposure in this field. One thing is sure whenever we would the song of this great legend, our heart would be filled with some hollowness in her absence. After all, she was very social and a kind lady and had tremendous followers including Mr Nehru. The song Ai mere batan ke logo sung in presence of Mr. Nehru was marvellous and he was greatly moved with her melodious voice.
    May her soul rest in peace.

It is sad news for all citizens of India, especially the person who loves music. She was one of the best Legendary singers in the world and Bharat Ratna recipient Lata Mangeshkar. She recorded her first song in 1942 for Marathi movie.

R.I.P. to Legendary singer Lata Didi

Phagu Mahato
    Success occurs when opportunity and preparation meet.

My tribute to the legend. The nation lost an irreplaceable icon and there will be no one like her. Whatever I say about her will be too little to describe her. All her songs will remain immortal in the hearts of her zillions of fans spanning the world over. We will miss you, Lata Didi! May your soul rest in peace.
    Sankalan

"Life is easier when you enjoy what you do"

The country has lost the great legend Lata Mangeskar. No one will forget her sweet melodious voice in the music world. In a word, she was the form of mother Saraswati. And with the worship of that goddess this year, she also left us. The creator of new horizons in the world of Indian music will never be seen again but she will remain in the hearts of millions of people. I wish her soul rest in heaven and at the same time express my deepest condolences to her family.
    Her first Bengali song was "Akash Pradip Jwale Bhorer Tarar Pane Cheye." today is also a hit song.

Believe in the existence of God the superpower.
    Regards
    Dhruba

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.