You must Sign In to post a response.
Love solving puzzles with cryptic clues? Here's our popular Brand Quiz after a long hiatus! Solve it, win a prize.
  • Category: Reward Programs

What's the Brand? A fun Sunday Quiz!

Family time on a holiday like Sunday could be spent playing a Board game or solving puzzles. Here's one of the popular quizzes that we've had before. It gives clues to well-known brands that are part and parcel of our lives.

What you have to do: See the one-page Word doc. attached to this thread. It has clues to 15 brands/products (a few are acronyms). Send the list of answers to the Gmail ID that I have given in that doc. [iscmecontests]

Do not submit answers in this thread. Also, you don't need to send the list of clues again. Send only the answers in the text of the email (no attachment should be sent).

Rules-
    1. The list of answers should be sent only once. If you forget to send the answer to a clue and send a fresh list later, it will not be accepted. Only your first email will be considered as an entry.
    2. The answers should be sent within closing time to be eligible for prizes.
    3. The answers should match the answer key. In case of any dispute in finalizing the winners, non-participating editors will be consulted and our decision will be final.

Prizes-
    The winners will be decided by the points. One point will be given for each valid answer. There is no negative marking. The participant with the highest number of points will get a cash prize of Rs.50/- and 50 points. In case of two or more tied for the first place, then whosoever were the first two to send their entries as determined by the time in the email, will get the prize. The third highest (only one) will get Rs.40/- and 40 points.

Note that in order to win the prize, the condition is that you should get at least 10 answers correct. In case nobody gets 10 correct answers, then whosoever gets the highest points will win Rs.40/- and 40 points. No other prize will be given in this case.

Closing time: 10 a.m., 14th February 2022.

Please put a response to this thread that you have sent the list of answers to me, so in case I don't see it, I can check the spam box as well and let you know if I have not got it. I will acknowledge receipt of your entries whenever I come online.
  • Brands Quiz Feb 2022 (180312-2-Brands-Quiz-Feb-2022.doc)
    Everyone,

Sorry! For #9 by mistake, I gave it as (6) when it is actually a seven-letter answer (7). Hence, I have put a fresh attachment. Please re-check before sending your answers.

When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

Hello Vandana Mam,
    I have sent my answers a few minutes back.

Regards
    Rizwan

The Managing Editor, Vandana,
    Thank you for announcing an interesting quiz program this Sunday. I have sent my entry just a few minutes back. Hope you might have received the same. Please confirm.

drrao
    always confident

Syed Rizwan and Dr. N.V. Srinivasa Rao - I have received your entries.
    When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

Hello, Vandana Ma'am,

I am confused in question no. 12. You have not given letter numbers in this.

Dr. Deepali,

What a joke! I revealed the answer instead of giving the number of letters in it!! Neither did I notice that, nor did the first two participants. It was supposed to be (2) for the acronym. Since it is my mistake, I will give one point to everyone by default.

Thank you very much for pointing that out.

I am going offline now to watch the PKL competition. I hope to see more entries by the time I return to check back here tomorrow.

Mam, I have sent my entry .

I have also submitted my entry at 11:09 pm. Kindly acknowledge the receipt.

I have sent my entry by email at 7.05 AM today on 14.02.2022.
    Please acknowledge the same, thanks.

Knowledge is power.

Dear ME,

I have sent my answers please acknowledge.

Sanjeev

" The two most important days in your life are the day when you are born and the day you find out why? "
    – Mark Twain

Vandana Ma'am,
    I have sent my entry yesterday. Please confirm.

I have sent my entry.
    shampasaid

Have just sent my entry
    Patience and perseverance pays

Yes, I have received entries of all the 9 participants who have responded here. Thank you. For their time and effort, we will give 1 point and 1 cc to the non-winning participants for each correct answer.

Just for fun, if any more members wish to give it a go, the time is extended to 1 p.m. for them, but they will not be eligible for the prizes or points/cc.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.

Submit New Thread
    Return to Return to Discussion Forum