You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Requests

I forlornly wait for the blue-penciler...

I wandered lonely as a cloud,
    Roaming hither and thither,
    No place to pause and rest I found,
    Despite having a charming home.

You see, there is this beautiful space at ISC,
    With plenty of slots for topics all,
    And yet,
    I am displaced, transitory.

I await with a glimmer of hope...
    All at once along my path comes a blue-penciler,
    And my heart fills with joy
    As I finally am no longer in disarrayed solitude!

[With due apologies to William Wordsworth]
    The author has nicely used the phrase blue-penciler in this write up. This seems an interesting composition but what I gather from this is that in our journey through ISC when editors or moderators correct our work and make it acceptable and finally approve it for publication, we feel happy. Vandana, if you have some other subtle meaning hidden there as usually happens with this type of poetic compositions then you will have to simplify it and rather explain the underlying thoughts in it to the members including me. This one appears to be a different type of forum post but is interesting to follow.
    Knowledge is power.

Umesh,

I am waiting to see who deciphers the subtle underlying message!

When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

When we are in an area where there is a lot of chance to perform we will enjoy working there. But when there is no sharing of responsibility it will be a difficult task for any individual. In such a situation if we find an individual who shares the responsibility we will feel happy and work with more enthusiasm. When our work is very high, even though we have a beautiful house and family we may not be able to enjoy the same.
    Probably Managing Editor may be looking for more Editors on this site. If I am wrong please excuse me Vandana, The Managing Editor.

drrao
    always confident

Mr Rao you have given a good indication in this respect. There is a lot of activity in this site and naturally some additional editors or moderators might be required to help the existing ones and also to share the load of editing and other activities. So if someone has already joined the team it would be a happy moment for all of us.
    Knowledge is power.

Vandana, A very interesting and well written poem. An editor's job is a very responsible one and handling so many issues is not so easy. I believe ISC has appointed a few editors to share your work. Congratulations!

As a managing editor, you act as a teacher for this great site, and your write ups are of great and yet out of the normal thinking contributions and that make this forum wonderful. But I suggest your daily dose of something to keep our thought process on your lines.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Dear Ma`m
    Your Silent words say everything about your dedication to ISC. We live in this platform like a community. Some of our members spent more than 10 years of their life with sharing many experiences and knowledge. These few lines of your poem shared all of your experience

Phagu Mahato
    Success occurs when opportunity and preparation meet.

Madam, you have penned down a poetic composition indicating your journey from one place to the other. Finally you are in the midst of ISC platform where you are looking for a valuable guide helping you in the accomplishments of varied tasks. Ultimately you have landed at this stage. Sorry madam, if I am wrong in arriving at the exact meaning of your poetic composition.

You are all incorrect in deciphering the poem! The "I" refers to a forum thread, and what I am conveying is that despite the presence of every possible category in which a thread can be placed, members continue to simply use the first default category that appears, namely, 'General'. The hint was in the line "With plenty of slots for topics all"

The thread then waits till a forum editor happens to come along and rectify it, by repositioning it in the correct category. I was going to put the words forum editor in the poem but decided to make it more cryptic so looked up synonyms for the word editor and came across 'blue-penciler'. This is an interesting term that I recall coming across only once or twice and decided it would be a charming one to use.

Now read the poem again and understand it from the point of view of a forum thread wandering around...

In the case of an article, too, editors have to often reposition it to the right category, but it is not as frequent an occurrence as it is in the forum. Same with the Ask Expert section. Since quite a good number are generally submitted by visitors who may randomly select some category, editors will need to place them correctly.

When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

For #752443
    Several times our members post valuable content in Forum, Ask Expert Answers, Articles and jobs but due to incorrect categories not easy to find correct information by Visiters. So Our Editors need to categorize all sections in the proper category.

Phagu Mahato
    Success occurs when opportunity and preparation meet.

Point well made and I think we all have to take care in that respect. I am also quite careless in that matter but this thread with all its cryptic energy would definitely motivate and align us in taking care of that simple but important step.
    Knowledge is power.

The author has brought an important point to the notice of all the members in a different way and my appreciation to her for this excellent attempt. My mind has never gone that I as Forum.
    Based on the subject we present we should select the category correctly. It will not take additional time. But due importance is not being given by all of us I think. We should do that properly so that Editors will have some relief. Hope the author may observe a good change hereafter.

drrao
    always confident

Dear Vandana,
    I was about to discuss about the same issue. I do not know why when I post in Ask experts or answer on it my post appears and vanishes. Even my articles have been rejected and never published. Earlier it as not like that. Even the stories I participate in never get any kind of recognition. Still I do not mind. Is it because Niharikha is treated as a new comer.Therefore, I have no other alternative but to post only in General section because my posts appear immediately only there. Any how I have 777 points now. As soon as I reach 1000 I will be a Gold member. I am eagerly waiting to know what changes will happen then. Even I cannot send messages now. I am posting here because I can neither contact you or any other editors because I am a silver member.

Niharikha,

Content does not just "vanish"! It has nothing to do with being considered a newcomer. You are well aware that content is approved/rejected/shifted to pending as per editing guidelines.

It is not possible that out of thousands of members, only you are having an issue of so-called vanishing content when you select a particular category other than the General one. We find that very strange.

• Sign In to post your comments