The answers and the hint in the clues are as follows-
1. Logitech – in the competitive computerized world, not as timid as its mouse.
- Makes computer-related products, well known for its mouse & keyboard especially, and has made its own mark in a competitive market.
2. Ikea – just a single change of letter; and its innovative furniture has arrived.
- An iconic globally well-known furniture brand that has set up stores in India as well.
3. LG – an electronics' acronym but not a KG class.
- Popular brand of electronic appliances; 'K' in 'KG' replaced with 'L'.
4. Videocon – moving image? Not a scam!
- A video is a moving medium, and 'con' is akin to a scam as it dupes people.
5. Firefox – wily, can ignite the browser.
- Fire ignites; a fox is known as a wily animal (even a wily person is referred to as a fox)
6. Apollo Hospital - not exactly a Greek God, but provides a healing touch.
- Apollo is a Greed God; a hospital is where people seek healthcare services to be healed.
7. Taj – sip a hot beverage in the presence of royal splendour.
- The Taj Mahal is a royal monument; it's the most famous tea brand in India.
8. Maruti Gypsy – A popular wanderer, may perhaps see a return on the roads.
- A gypsy is a wandering person; the mention of 'on the roads' referred to a vehicle.
9. Nataraj – holding this, many of us put down our first a,b, c steps on paper, but not dancing ones!
- Nataraja is the depiction of Lord Shiva as a dancer; this brand's pencil was one we used (other than Apsara, Camlin brands) when we first started writing.
10. Camlin – introduced us to the world of colours in multiple dimensions.
- Famous brand of crayons, colour pencils, paints
11. Motorola – One of your first mobile communication devices perhaps?
- Many people will likely have used this brand (other than Nokia) of mobile phones before moving on to smartphones.
12. HP – neither oil nor gas, right now you may be hyphenating words on it!
- This was in reference to HP laptops, the word 'hyphenating' is a reference to the brand Hewlett-Packard as a hyphenated name.
13. Kissan – their yummy bottled products will be found in many a refrigerator.
- Squashes, jams, sauces…you'll find this brand in many homes in the fridge.
14. Domino's Pizza – a tasty topped crust even without #13 may trigger a chain reaction of repeat orders.
- The 'crust' and the topping of #13 (Kissan sauce) hinted at a pizza; a domino effect means setting off a chain of similar events.
15. HMT – many of you may have got your first time management reward with this.
- An HMT watch perhaps may have been our first reward from your parents on getting good exam results or as a special gift for some other occasion.
I think the first one was a little abstract, so congrats to Jannane, Dr. Deepali, and Sanjeev Gupta for getting that answer right, and to Umesh for being the only one to get Videocon correctly. The browser clue was likely the easiest!
Please give your input- which clue was the most difficult and which was the easiest? Did you take help from any family member or friend to solve it or check brand names online?
When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell