You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: IndiaStudyChannel.com

Sun has failed to rise - R.I.P.

A well-known statement greeted us regularly whenever a member mentioned a delayed payment-"Sun may fail to rise one day, but ISC will never fail to pay its members on the due day".

I am deeply saddened to convey the news that one of our most popular members is no more, as conveyed through a response in this article, a response that shocked me to the core. Lt Cdr R M Sundaram (Retd), known to all of us as Sun is gone.

Yes, I've had my differences with him and though have never met him personally, when I was informed of that response, I immediately felt a hollowness. Even as I type this, there's a lump in my throat, a tear in my eye.

We'll never forget the varied activities that he came up with for members, some of them very unique, so much so that they were taken up as official contests, or his spirited discussions. We were given glimpses into his life as well, his beloved Padmini, his pet dog, his travels...

We were even awaiting his return after he reported ill health.

Somehow the forum will not be the same again. It has lost its soul.

Adieu, Sun. R.I.P.

Our condolences to his wife and children.
    R.I.P .... my heartfelt condolences..... He will definitely reach heavens place.
    Everyone should observe the nature of the Graphite structure because a Graphite has only a tendency to convert into diamond under tremendous temperature and pressure.

I am very saddened to know this news and I am unable to believe even at this minute that he is no more. Mr. Sun was a versatile member of ISC and his forum contributions were very funny and tricky. He always projected different angles of the issues and his responses were always well matured. Mr. Sun was always a well-wisher of ISC. May his soul rest in peace.

It is Avery sad news to hear. I am waiting for his return to the site after getting cured from illness. But on this day of Shivaratri this news came. A man with a lot of openness and a man who can call a spade a spade. He always used to respect ISC. Losing such a member is a great loss. I pray Lord Shiva to bless the deceased soul with Moksha. My deep condolences to his wife and other members of his family. Probably his Fiat may also be weeping because of his absence.
    drrao
    always confident

Oh No! I had to read the message thrice to believe what I am reading is true. Sad day for ISC! My deepest condolence for his family.
    Thanks.
    Regards:
    Nidhi

Very sad news. This is why he was known as SUN because SUN does not die. It has radiation that keeps everyone alive. But SUN's death as a human was inevitable. I wish that the marks of its radiation are present in everyone. I wish him peace of soul and at the same time express my deepest condolences to his family.
    Believe in the existence of God the superpower.
    Regards
    Dhruba

It is really a heart breaking news that SUN is no more in midst of us. We have had a previous news which provided us information that he was recovering from his illness. But the latest news has broken me completely. He had been an active member and was expressing his thoughts fearlessly. He had a great regard for ISC platform and his absence from this channel is a great void- difficult to compensate the same. May his soul rest in peace.

The response to the article in question literally shocked me and I sat still for a moment not knowing what to do. I was in a dilemma about whether I should believe the message or not. I wanted the message to be fake. But no, it had to be otherwise. The Sun of ISC had set forever on the 20th of December '21 as per the response.

Vandana ma'am, self and Tony sir have been trying through different sources to get in touch with him but to no avail. Tony sir rang up the number he had provided but there was no response. Then we had this thread asking about his whereabouts and well being and the responses were so heartwarming. The anxiety and worry when a regular member suddenly becomes inactive, especially after having reported being unwell, has, in fact, brought to light the bonding between the members of ISC despite having not met or spoken to each other.

It is so sad that Sun will no longer be with us. We won't be having his fun-filled threads or quizzes and puzzles. We won't get to argue with him and won't be able to have virtual fights with him. He has left a void.

I did have many arguments with him and he used to make it a point to get back whenever a thread he posted was deleted or shifted to pending, most of the time presuming that I was the man behind the action, and it was no easy task trying to convince him.

All said and done, we have lost a virtual friend. May his soul rest in peace! I offer my heartfelt condolences to the bereaved family.

"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on." -Robert Frost

I am very much shocked to learn about the demise of Mr. Sundaram (SuN). Just before he fell ill and left for Banglore, we had a forum discussion on Electoral Bonds. When he announced about illness, we all wished him a speedy recovery. Now, this is sad news.

My heartfelt condolences to his family members.

" Be Good and Do Good "

This is really shocking and cannot be believed. On this Shivaratri day when there was celebration galore across the country and we heard the news of Sun alias Sundaram is no more and we had long standing relations in this forum. He is the only member who is more vocal in his observations and criticisms and sometimes even I had tiff with him and gone away from the site for his remarks. Nevertheless when he raised the thread that he was not keeping well and taking treatment, everyone wished him speedy recovery and would come soon to the site. However his death has created much void to this forum. He was the only member who is fit enough to be in admin brought some best forum topics, puzzlens, games and many other things during his stint and he was the wholesome supporter of forum activities. We miss him.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

It is a very sad news. When I joined ISC in 2016, I found that Sun was shining on the ISC horizon with its full brightness and he was a very active member with a touch of humour everywhere in his contributions. He informed last time through a post that he was not keeping a good health and was under treatment and was also not able to participate in ISC activities due to the obvious reasons. With his untimely death we lost an active member who was specifically much active in the forum section. I pray the almighty for peace of his soul and rest it in eternity.
    Knowledge is power.

I am deeply saddened by the news of the demise of Mr Sun. He was always so active on ISC even though we never met personally it feels like I knew him very well. He always responded to interesting threads, always tried to give an interesting take on whatever was being said. Although he was an elder person his enthusiasm in threads made him feel like a peer and a friend with whom you can have an open discussion.
    May his soul rest in peace and his family have the courage to cope with their heavy loss.

"It is hardest thing in the world to be good thinker without being a good self examiner"

I am greatly saddened on learning this news. In fact, I am finding it hard to believe that Sun, who was the lifeblood of the forum section, won't be there anymore to entertain us, tease us or keep us guessing with his quirky fun games. He had a great sense of humour, even though everything about him was so mysterious. His name, age, profession or what he looked like was always a mystery to us. My respect for him has grown manifold, now that it is revealed that he has served our country as a Lt. Cdr. in the Indian Navy. The void left by his demise will be difficult to fill and like everyone else, I too will be feeling his absence from ISC very much.

Will remember him, everytime I log on to ISC.

May his soul rest in peace

Patience and perseverance pays

I am deeply moved by the sad demise of Sun with whom I had plenty of interactions and discussion. I was following his post from day one of my joining ISC. He had always appreciated me and when I returned to this channel a few months back, he had replied so well, welcoming me back to ISC. I have never met him in person nor spoken with him but I feel as if I have lost someone who was very close to me. May his soul rest in peace.

This is very sad news. He was an active member here and I was sensing something is wrong as I didn't see him here for a long.

I wish his family get the strength to bear the loss.

Sanjeev

" The two most important days in your life are the day when you are born and the day you find out why? "
    – Mark Twain

Oh! my God!!
    What a shocking and saddening information. The most shocking and saddening news I came across recently.
    I am at a loss to express my grief and emotions... I am not able to digest the fact that our fellow member in ISC -SuN-real life Sundaram- is no more.

From my own level, I sent some email to his mail ID he used to conduct competitions. But I did not get any reply. In his last post about his plans to take treatment, he sounded worried. That was not his nature. Then itself I felt bad and it sounded ominous. But I was praying for his speedy recovery. As I was quite busy and occupied since last October , I could not spare much thoughts on other maters other than occasionally.
    But I was still hoping that he would be taking bed rest and for the sake of complete rest and recuperation he might not be using internet etc. But still had an ardent hope that he will soon resume posting in ISC.

I have a sort of grievance. About four years ago when I visited Tirunelveli etc, I sent an email to him asking if it was possible for us to meet. Unfortunately he did not read my mail on time as he was away in his native village. (Refer to this thread).

He joined ISC just a few months before I joined. At that time he was using his real name as profile name. Later only he changed it to SuN.

I pray for the Moksha of his soul. Let time heal the loss wounds of the bereaved family.

It is really shocking to hear the news about the demise of SUN sir. Rest In Peace sir.

Today morning when I login the ISC. I felt the lack of sunlight . I hear to shock that we have lost our Sun . I was completely speechless on hearing this news I have no words to write . Since my registered on ISC, I always impressed by his positive response but last few days when his post didn't come I thought he may be in some problem but after a long period suddenly I come to know that Sun is no longer with family of ISC.This is a very sad news for me. I wish his soul to rest in peace and hope his family member have patience in adversity .
    Finally my humble RIP to Sun

Phagu Mahato
    Success occurs when opportunity and preparation meet.

It is really sad to hear this. RIP Sun. You were really the backbone of the ISC. You will remain with ISC through your articles and contests. God bless your soul.
    Dr. Paresh B. Gujarati.
    Mechanical Engineer.
    'I'mprovement always begins with 'I'.

I was speechless. While going through the Article and the latest response by his relative as a Guest Author, one should believe it and correlate with the last thread he posted where he indicated his serious ailment. Now the Fun times and Fight times have gone in the ISC Forum but he would be remembered for his Fun activity and openness whether he was right or wrong.

The article drew my attention and heightened his posture for his dedication to develop a temple of the 18th century in his village. Its really great and makes him a true son of the soil!

Regards,
    Jagdish

I communicated with Sun's son through the email he had provided as a guest author to the article that I have mentioned in the text of this thread. I conveyed my condolences, informed him about this Obit, and said we'll always remember him. I am sharing verbatim his reply -

Dear Vandana Ji,
    SUN - Shri Lt Cdr RM Sundaram [Retd} passed away on 20 December 2021 at Bangalore due to multiple organ failure. I am his son Dr. Rajasimman Sundaram. Me and family wish to thank you and members of ISC for your support and kind words. We also wish ISC & its members the very best in its pursuit for excellence.

Regards
    Rajasimman

When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

In last couple of days, Vandana has been complaining about my lack of engagement with ISC members. I had my own reasons (like rebuilding ISC website framework) but Vandana and Saji insisted that I should get back to ISC and build the bonding with the ISC members like the olden days.

Today morning, I made up my mind that I will become active in the forum again, connect well with members, especially with the old members like SUN. I opened the forum for the same purpose and the first thread that caught my eyes is, "Sun has failed to rise - R.I.P.". Initially I thought it is some sort of fun topic but as I read through the post, I was shocked for a while. I could not even complete my comment in the first instance.

In the last few months, we tried various ways to connect with him and Vandana was too much worried about him even though we had no clue that he was seriously sick.

As Vandana said, ISC Forum will be never the same again. We will miss SUN forever.

Very sorry to hear this news. May his soul rest in peace and may God give the courage for his family members to overcome the difficulties in his absence. Our Prayers on behalf of ISC.

regards,
    Tony John
    Webmaster - IndiaStudyChannel.com

Sun, a very active member of ISC, is no more sounds painful. I didn't interact with him much, but his posts always drew importance. May his soul rest in peace.

By the way, I was thinking of Neeru Bhat also. She was very active on the site, but she is not active anymore. Any news regarding her?

shampasaid

I remember SuN and his lovely Padmini here. He will continue occupying my mind whenever I will write something in Forum section in future. Very hard for me to accept his permanent absence from ISC.
    “Khamosh rahoon toh mushkil hain, keh doon toh shikayat hoti hain" (It is difficult to remain silent; But if I speak, they complain.) --------- Saba Afghani

Sun was somewhat a reason behind continuing with ISC 11 years back when for the very first time I landed at ISC website, specifically Forum section. Inspired by his active participation continued my association with ISC and climbed up the ISC editorial ladder till becoming a Lead Editor, leading multiple editorial teams. Through this post, dedicating all my success at ISC to the SuN which initially illuminated my paths of success in ISC, unknowingly!

Few minutes back suddenly got an email notification from Vandana ma'am with the sad news. For a minute just could not believe! While was going to the link in the email, was getting flashbacks of many interactions with SuN in either ISC private messages, emails, forum threads, etc. and could not hold my tears.. May your departed soul rest in peace. Will miss your presence always. Was there in your city for years and now feeling really sad for not making up a meeting with you.

Regards,
    Sultan.
    Former Lead Editor

If success is 1, then its definite that you're starting from Zero!

Very sad to know that Mr. Sun is no more with us. I remember reading some of his interesting write ups and contests. I wish Sun to Rest In Peace and may his soul get a new physical being.
    I share my condolences with his family and wish them for a safe and wellbeing future.

It is very shocking and heartbreaking news about SuN. Everybody was waiting for his return.
    May God give peace to his soul. My heartfelt condolences to his family.

The SuN went down with a smiling face
    With a wink in eye promising return,
    We were sure of a rise after the gloom
    As SuN always sparkled with joy and fun

After a long wait, with queries in mind
    The news came as a shock
    I still wonder how this can happen to someone
    Having determination as solid as a rock

With teary eyes, forgetting all differences
    Knowing there will be no more fun
    SuN went away to a far-off place
    From where it's not possible to return

Goodbye SuN, rest in peace. We all are badly missing you.

Sankalan

"Life is easier when you enjoy what you do"

Very sad to know that SuN is no more. May his soul rest in peace. May God give strength to his family to bear the loss and sorrow.

It is very shocking news about SuN. May his Soul Rest in Peace. My deepest condolences to his family. I pray that in this difficult time, God gives his family the strength and courage to bear the loss.
    Regards,
    Nilesh Patel

I am extremely shocked and deeply saddened to hear about the demise of Mr. Sun. He was one of those who had kept the Forum section at ISC interesting with his games and quizzes. I have even won some of his games and got his appreciation. May his soul rest in peace. My deepest condolences to his family.
    Regards
    Rizwan

We will keep this thread permanently open for those who wish to pay their tributes to Sun.

Saji and I have informed many members who were active in the forum and interacted with Sun and although they are not active members anymore, perhaps they may drop in at some time to post a message here.

When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

I just came to know about him. He was an active member of ISC.

RIP

We will never forget you Mr Sun. Now the sun will never rise here (ISC).

Honesty is the best policy.

[Response removed by Admin. Read forum policies.]
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Love you SUN. Please go through my obituary for Sun.
    Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

I am shocked to know about his death.
    ISC has lost its Sun.
    My deepest condolences to his family.

@SuN, Miss you.

• Sign In to post your comments