You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Cricket

Cricket legend Shane Warne is no more.

A great loss to Australia in Cricket. The greatest leg-spinner, Shane Warne, has died at the age of 52. He is considered to be the best spin bowler in that country. His international career spanned 15 years. He took 708 wickets in Test cricket. He is the highest wicket-taker for Australia. He is the second to only Muttiah Muralitharan. the Srilanka cricketer. His first appearance in Test cricket is in the year 1992 and played in all formats of the game and brought many wins to his side. He played 145 test matches and 19d one day international during his career from 1992 to 2007. He claimed a total of 1001 wickets combinedly in all formats of the game.

This is the second blow to Australian cricket in a span of one day. Rod Marsh also died on Friday. Both the players reported died due to heart attack only. May their souls rest in peace.
    Shane Warn and Rod Marsh are two great legendary cricketers of Australia. Especially Shane Warn a quality spinner of all times and he used control batters of any standard on any pitch. He used to dominate batsmen by his quality spin bowling and he used to bowl maidens after maidens. Rod Marsh was a very talented and exceptional batsman of that times. It is sad to see such wizards leaving the world much early in their lives. May their souls Rest In Peace.

Shane Warne was really a great spinner. I have always liked her bowling style, watched her capacity to turn the result of any match the blowing. The cricket world lost two great legendary Shane Warn and Rod Marsh.

RIP to Shane Warn and Rod Marsh

Phagu Mahato
    Success occurs when opportunity and preparation meet.

I was shocked to read this news that Shane Warne is no more. At the young age of 52, he died and leaving the cricket fans shocked and stunning on sudden departure from world. The most versatile leg spinner of this world and who was the nightmare even to our ace batsman Sachin has enthralled the cricket fans as he used to take wickets at his will and thus took the game to the next level. By taking so many wickets even in test cricket he proves to be formidable and none to surpass his caliber. It is really sad that such a good cricketer whose service can be churned for the future young generation of cricketers through his expertise as coach and mentor is now lost. Most of the world cricket fans are in grief and probably he is the only cricketer cutting across the teams has been most liked, loved and cheered when played.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Rod Marsh was a great Australian wicket-keeper. He was contemporary of Lillie, Thomson, Greg Chappell, Walters. He was above 70. He was also contemporary of India's Kirmani , Pakistan's Wasim Bari and England's Knott (three great wicketkeepers of seventies and early eighties). Marsh formed a great combination with Lillie and Thomson as a wicket-keeper.

Warne came into picture in the decade of nineties. He was the contemporary of another two great spinners, Murleedharan of Sri Lanka and Anil Kumble from India. These three greats revived spin bowling during nineties and early parts of 200s.

Warne was a prolific turner of ball. He was a great leg-spinner, but due to his presence, another Australian great, Stuart Macgill could not get enough opportunity for the national team. Warne was a colourful personality and he left the world suddenly.

My regards to both Marsh and Warne, two Australian greats of two generations.

“Khamosh rahoon toh mushkil hain, keh doon toh shikayat hoti hain" (It is difficult to remain silent; But if I speak, they complain.) --------- Saba Afghani

Shane Warne was a legendary spinner he was having the ability to change the complexion of the game at any moment hence the word impossible is a myth according to the cricket analysts.

Losing two greats at a short period is a huge loss not only to Australia but to the cricketing fraternity in general.

The leading capability of Warne was proved when he lead Rajasthan Royals with almost all new comers to win the IPL title.

My tributes to the two Australian cricket legends, Rod Marsh and Shane Warne. May their souls rest in peace.
    "In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on." -Robert Frost

• Sign In to post your comments