You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Cricket

2022 Women's World Cup Cricket - let's cheer our Team India!

Team India has begun its quest to win the Women's World Cup Cricket trophy. Their first game is ongoing against Pakistan. They made a healthy score of 244 for the loss of 7 wickets, and Pakistan has just one wicket in hand now and 9 overs left. For India, while the captain did not score much, others stepped up. While opener Smriti made 52, Deepti and Sneh played well, with Pooja making a superb 67 to be the top scorer. For the Pakistan team, the batting got off to a slow start with the opening three women taking their time to get runs on the board. Left-arm bowler Rajeshwari Gayakwad has taken four wickets, while veteran Jhulan Goswami has taken two wickets. Sneh Rana has also taken two, and Deepti Sharma one.

So with India surely bagging the first game, let's cheer them on!
    India has wrapped it up! Pakistan was scuttled out in 43 overs with a score of 137 runs. So India has won by a whopping 107 runs. A wonderful way to begin the World Cup campaign.

In one of the earlier matches, West Indies stunned New Zealand, with a superb bowling spell in the last over by Deandra Dottin giving them a victory margin by a whisker of three runs.

When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

Very many congrats to our Women's world cup team which clinched the great win against Pakistan and made every fan to go on celebration mode at the time when there was tension and uneasiness due to ongoing war between Russia and Ukraine. And winning the first match with 107 runs is very good going and this would send the signal to other countries slated to play against India and our team is poised to win against all the teams and there seems to be luck and pride favouring our country. There was a total team work that went to winning mode and this kind of inclusive performance from all the players made India to wrest the first win against the Pakistan and that made our girls very fond in the heart of every cricket fans. We hope the same spirit would continue and win other matches with elan and ease.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Either Nz or England will win the Women's World cup. India women will lose in the semi-finals in the women's world cup or before that.
    Everyone should observe the nature of the Graphite structure because a Graphite has only a tendency to convert into diamond under tremendous temperature and pressure.

Congratulation to the Indian women's cricket team for their victory over their arch-rivals. In any tournament of cricket. a match between these two countries will be treated as the finals of the tournament. There will be a lot of tension among the players and winning that match is always equal to winning the cup. I wish this Indian team will continue its winning spree in the coming matches and try to lift the cup. The Indian Women's team is also shaping well and will become a strong team.
    Today Indian Men's team won the test match against Srilanka very convincingly with a huge margin and an innings victory. That way to India won two matches and made all of us proud. Already the team won T20 and now the test series is going on.
    All the best to the Indian women's cricket world cup 2022.

drrao
    always confident

Congratulations to team India for winning their match with Pakistan. It is a matter of great happiness that so far the girls are performing well. I wish that they will also maintaining their performance in the coming matches also and keep our flag high. All the best and I am sure that we would be congratulating them once the updates on those matches are available.
    Knowledge is power.

Indian Women's Team has simply destroyed Pakistani Team yesterday. Congratulations!!!

We must remember that Pakistani Women's Cricket Team is one of the weakest teams in the World Cup. Much better opponents are waiting for India. Indian players must produce better performance in the next matches.

Best wishes for the Indian Women's Cricket Team in the World Cup-2022.

“Khamosh rahoon toh mushkil hain, keh doon toh shikayat hoti hain" (It is difficult to remain silent; But if I speak, they complain.) --------- Saba Afghani

Indian Women lost the match with NZ Women with 60 odd runs in the Women's Cricket world cup.
    Everyone should observe the nature of the Graphite structure because a Graphite has only a tendency to convert into diamond under tremendous temperature and pressure.

With this defeat, the Indian team slipped to 5th position in the list of 8 countries. New Zealand is in the second position. New Zealand won the match with a margin of 62 runs. Puja Vastrakar took 4 wickets for 34 runs in 10 overs. Harmanpreet Kaur made 71runs off 62 ball. But their good performances can't help India to be successful in this match. I Hope India may do well in the other coming matches. All the best to the Indian women's team.
    drrao
    always confident

It is unfortunate that we lost to New Zealand, but the ladies won today's match with a thumping victory of 155 runs! West Indies had no chance after two superb centuries, first from Smriti Mandhana, and then from Harmanpreet Kaur. While the opening pair of Deandra Dottin and Hayley Mathews made a good start, there was no support from the others. They got 162 on the board, without even completing the full quota of overs. Sneh Rana bowled extremely well, taking the wickets of the opening pair and then the third one in the last over of her spell, and a maiden over as well, giving just two runs an over.

India now has two crucial games ahead, against England on the 16th, and against Australia on the 19th. It would be wonderful to win both, and not depend on wins against Bangladesh and South Africa later.

When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

India will not win the cup that is for sure. Either England, New Zealand, or Australia will win the cup. 99% of New Zealand has a chance to win the cup but the current situation is not good I think they will recover from the situation after playing their league matches.

India lost to England in the women's world cup miserably in New Zealand....

India lost two matches consecutively against New Zealand and England. In my first response in this post, I wrote that although India had defeated Pakistan, better teams were there against which India would have to toil a lot.
    “Khamosh rahoon toh mushkil hain, keh doon toh shikayat hoti hain" (It is difficult to remain silent; But if I speak, they complain.) --------- Saba Afghani

Yes, I agree the opponents are tough now, but would not dismiss it as a miserable defeat. Although we made a low score, the bowlers did put up a challenge, taking six wickets. If they had been successful in breaking the opponents' middle order, we had a good chance of defending the small total. I admire their gutsy performance.

Basic the batting let s down. The score is low. Bowlers tried their best. Anyhow all matches can't be won. The other teams are strong and we hope our team will also become strong with more and more participation in international games.
    drrao
    always confident

Since this is an ongoing tournament, we'll do away with the 10-day limitation for a forum thread's response, as we do for other sports competitions that are of long duration. Hence, do continue to respond till the World Cup is over.

I was hoping that our team would somehow pull off an unexpected victory against the champions, Australia, but it was not to be. Once again, while the bowlers did try their best to defend the total, the batting let us down. Mithali and Yastika were slow batters and the opening batters didn't do much.

I think we now have to win the remaining two matches, the first against Bangladesh, and the second against South Africa (another tough match) to qualify for the semi-finals.

The chances appear to be remote for the Indian team to reach the semifinals but it is not completely ruled out. I am still hoping that India can win definitely the remaining two matches and will make its presence in the semifinals. The batters should work hard and win the games. The opening should be good and that will give confidence to the batters who follow them. Already the bowling department is doing a good job. Let us wish all the best to the Indian team in the coming two matches.
    drrao
    always confident

Again India failed against Australia in the Women's world cup 2022.

India is out of the world cup women. Today they were beaten by South Africa in the Group stage...

Yes, it was a heartbreaking loss. There were a lot of dramatic turns in the match and I was watching with bated breath the second half when we fielded. It would have been good if Kaur had bowled the second last over. Up to that point, we at least managed to contain the runs, but in that one over three boundaries were what gave South Africa the advantage. In fact, at a few points towards the end, the commentator was even talking about the rules of a Super Over, and it did seem like that would happen. That last over's catch, everyone celebrating, and then the realization that the umpire was frantically indicating that it was a no ball by Preeti...that was really the most dramatic moment.

Anyway, well done Team India! Kudos to Kaur especially, who was outstanding on the field.

Now West Indies have qualified due to our losing today's game, and will meet Australia, while South Africa will play against England.

• Sign In to post your comments