You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

What is that attracts you most in the recent five states elections?

The most hyped five state elections were over and also the results were announced. BJP got very much enthused as it got 4 states out of 5. One of the most attractive win of these five states is the win of AAP party in Punjab. It attracted me most because previously the AAP party has only little stance in Punjab state. Some of the candidates of the party who contested for the elections are poor and are not high profile members of the society. Such candidates with no influence were able to trounce candidates like Siddhu and previous CM of the state. So the candidates who won in Punjab elections are mainly on the basis of party agenda and clean image of the candidates. India needs this type of election of candidates to uphold perfect democratic system. Members what attract you most in the 5 states elections.
    Many good things has been happened in the just concluded elections to five states. That Congress which wanted to do dadagiri and head the coalition politics and wants to boss over other parties was never cared and has to contest on own and thus trounced. That the Muslim heartland where the AIMIM and SP has the sway over the votes, were trounced and BJP won there and therefore BJP henceforth should not be called as communal party. That the voters are now fed up with family parties, family owned parties, and the parties which are open to any body to join and stand on their own strength are going to win even in future elections and AAP made the beginning of the same. That Yogi Adityanath has proved himself to be second in command after Modi and thus BJP must be happy to find a successor after Modi.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

It again proves that democracy is vibrantly functioning in our country. Voters are the Kings. You cannot take them for granted that they will vote in your favour always. Voters know how to evaluate each party or leader.
    However one disturbing trend, I find, is the promise of doles and freebies by almost all parties.
    The current election results are more or less as per expectations and trend predictions. I do not see any surprise in them, except for some individual cases.

Election is a process in which it is very difficult to predict the results as no one knows the mood of the voters. So this time also it was not very clear as who would win where. In UP it was claimed that Mr Yogi did an exemplary work of containing crimes and punishing the criminals but still the opposition parties have taken a lot of seats. In Punjab AAP could make it due to the favourable wave for it. I think that the ruling parties have to improve their governance further and make the general people happy if they want to come back in power next time.
    Knowledge is power.

It is once again proved that the voter is the ultimate in our country. He will vote as per his consciousness irrespective of what the so-called intellectuals harp on. This is proved once again in these elections. Many people said that the Yogi government will be taught a lesson in these elections. But they taught lessons to others but not to Yogi. An individual may like or may not like the party but the majority will count.
    I actually thought that Congress will do good in Punjab but there also failed completely. The administration in Punjab is very tricky as it is a border state to Pakistan and any lapse will have severe implications on the security of the country. How this AAP is going to manage is a big question. Instead of concentrating on all the states, Congress might have concentrated on Punjab.
    Hope the new governments will do a better job in their respective states and see the states will progress and the country also progress well.

drrao
    always confident

Ramakrishna Sir has raised an excellent thread in which august Members can express their valuable opinion about the just-concluded Assembly election and its outcome.

As far as my personal view, I am immensely enjoying how those media (which predicted rout of the biggest party of the world from all the five states), are trying to save their already-blackened faces after the declaration of results.

A small snippet of information: In the newly-formed Assembly of Uttar Pradesh, there will be 36 Muslim MLAs constituting 9% of the total strength, against 24 Muslim MLAs in the last Assembly. This percentage is much better than many other state assemblies.

“Khamosh rahoon toh mushkil hain, keh doon toh shikayat hoti hain" (It is difficult to remain silent; But if I speak, they complain.) --------- Saba Afghani

People voted according to their choice and not according to what politicians of the states felt. Many politicians said many things during and before the elections which are pretty natural, but mindless talks and internal squabbles affect the political parties in a big way.

One exciting thing is the win of AAP in Punjab. When they win a state, they win most of the seats. Till now they have a clean image and if they continue fighting alone without an alliance they have a good prospect. Although, I would say delivering according to the promises made during the elections is the most important task and it always impacts the political parties contesting elections in other states too.

Sankalan

"Life is easier when you enjoy what you do"

Mr.Partha, Against what you are saying, most of the media either TV or news media from long back saying the result what we got today in their predictions. Even in poll predictions most of the popular survey media predicted the results what we got today. Then where is the partiality? The debates what the TV channels carry on different issues is the individual opinions of the participants. In a democratic system the TV channels and the participant experts can have the freedom of expressing their views. People can assess their views and can decide what is correct and what is incorrect for themselves. Because of your strong affiliation to BJP what the debates going on are wrong and you always wish appreciations for BJP from everywhere. Because of winning an election with 40% votes you may not think whatever BJP do is 100% correct.

All 33 candidates who won in UP are from SP but not a single candidate from BJP. Many Muslim candidates lost by a very slender margin. When many BJP supporters arguing, BJP is a secular party in its own way than any other party in India, then why it is secluding Muslims to contest in elections from their party?

The prime media predicted a win for BJP. The claim that they predicted the defeat of the BJP is false. I do not know why the issue of MLAs belonging to the Muslim community is raised? A clever camouflaging of the news as all of the Muslim MLAs belong to the Samajwadi Party and others but not from BJP. The usual trend of spreading misinformation is continuing.
    " Be Good and Do Good "

1. Ramakrishna Sir has raised many valuable points. Firstly, I would like to state that I was not discussing the debate on exit polls. I wanted to mention about the narratives being set for the last three months that the biggest party wouldn't win any state because the party didn't do anything.
    2.It is true that no Muslim candidate won from BJP. But, it is also true that Muslim ladies overwhelmingly voted for the party sometimes defying the husband's/elders thanks to free ration, banning triple talaq and improvement in law and order.

“Khamosh rahoon toh mushkil hain, keh doon toh shikayat hoti hain" (It is difficult to remain silent; But if I speak, they complain.) --------- Saba Afghani

I humbly reiterate my two-cent on the issue mentioned in another thread.

All opposition parties must start preparing for the 2029 election at right earnest with active support from the favourable media

I think the next general elections are in 2024. As suggested by Mr. Partha, all the opposition parties must start preparing from now for the next general elections.
    " Be Good and Do Good "

Ohhhhhh...! KVRR Sir, March-May 2024 is uncomfortably close.
    Opposition parties must set a realistic target for themselves. 2029 seems apt for the demoralised opposition camp.

The voters are volatile. No one knows what may happen in these two years unless some advance arrangements are made. Do not forget sir, there is many a slip between the cup and the lip.
    " Be Good and Do Good "

Sir, I simply fail to understand how so many self-serving, head-to-toe corrupt, colourful personalities will come together so quickly!

Talking about finer points of the just concluded elections, it is now established that the Congress party lost 97 percent of candidates deposits and that is big shame for a party which claims to be custodian of democratic values, champion of minorities and according to them they only has the knack to rule the country. Unfortunately the party never introspect the defeats and keep on giving tickets to those who are non performers and cannot be trusted for winning. The party is getting into total rout and that is very pity. What Partha has been saying is very true. The so called opposition unity has to takes place with right earnest from now onwards and the target is for 2029 elections but not the 2024 to which BJP has already been bracing up to win hands down. Voters have become more vibrant now and wants stable govt at center and not tukda gang.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

A party dependent on a single person, inefficient governance and lies, is bound to fail. In politics, anything may happen at any time. It is wise to look for the immediate present but not at a distant future.
    " Be Good and Do Good "

"A party dependent on a single person, inefficient governance and lies, is bound to fail. "------------I fully agree with KVRR Sir. Some political parties in India are depending on one person, one family, deception, lies, appeasement, corruption. And some parties are nurturing second-generation and third-generation leaders at every level.

The deception in the response at #753706 and the admission at the response in #753721 is basically a reflection of the BJP strategy. Not trustworthy.
    "In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on." -Robert Frost

Highly impressed by the comments made by Saji Sir! I am grateful that he has found time to read my simple submissions despite his busy schedule.
    In this connection, I would humbly make an additional submission, if allowed.
    I would like to state that 36 Muslim MLAs have been elected in the coming UP Assembly vis-a-vis 24 Muslim MLAs in the outgoing Assembly, which is a fact.
    Similarly, the Muslim ladies have voted for BJP in greater numbers due to some positive steps taken by the last Yogi Government.
    And if these are strategies of a particular party, aren't these good strategies?

Partha, my query remains unanswered. Why did you skip mentioning in your earlier response that the 33 Muslim MLAs are not from the BJP? When the question is clear and direct, why are you trying to deviate?
    "In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on." -Robert Frost

1. Saji Sir has now stated : "Partha, my query remains unanswered". I am extremely sorry that I didn't understand his previous comment ("The deception in the response at #753706 and the admission at the response in #753721 is basically a reflection of the BJP strategy. Not trustworthy.") was actually a query. Extremely sorry!!!

2. Saji Sir has asked now: "Why did you skip mentioning in your earlier response that the 33 Muslim MLAs are not from the BJP? When the question is clear and direct, why are you trying to deviate?"-------------- In this connection, I request him to check my response #753721. I already wrote: "2.It is true that no Muslim candidate won from BJP. But, it is also true that Muslim ladies overwhelmingly voted for the party sometimes defying the husband's/elders thanks to free ration, banning triple talaq and improvement in law and order."

3. Finally, I want to state that Ramakrishna Sir raised this thread with a heading "What is that attracts you most in the recent five states elections?" I wanted to indicate that the facts that the Muslim community has taken part in this election enthusiastically and the community has also meaningfully contributed to the victory of the winning party, attracts me most. This is because a totally different narrative had been created by the Le-Li cabal before the election in this regard.

4. I hope I could make myself clear. No further comments from me in this thread.

At least, AAP has proved its worth with the winning of whopping 92 votes this making an impressive record and this was at least not anticipated. We were under the impression that at least congress will form the government with some alliance of its supporting parties but this was not witnessed. The other interesting feature noticeable was the surge of Muslim members elected from the different constituencies of UP and both BJP and SP were benefited. BSP in UP has performed so badly that it was beyond exception. To sum up, the voters are conscious enough to elect the competent MLAs and this is a healthy trend for a democratic country like ours.

• Sign In to post your comments