You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Reward Programs

Colours - a photo-based creative writing contest

With the festival of Holi around the corner, there's no better way than to celebrate it by writing on colours!

What you have to do: All you have to do is write a happy story for children with children in it based on the photo shown below. It need not be related to the festival of Holi, and you are free to interpret the photo as you wish. The story can include just a single child or many children, even of different age groups. Submit the story in the forum in the category of- About IndiaStudyChannel>>>Creative Writing. Please mention at the end that it is an entry for this contest, preferably with a link to this thread (if you are not familiar with linking, that is fine, but do learn). Then submit the URL of that thread in a response to this thread so that it can be considered for the prizes. You are free to edit the story at any time to correct English, spacing issues, typo, etc before the closing date, but do not change the core of the story.

Here's the photo-
    Colours

Rules-
    1. A member can submit only one story, which should be in English. It can include conversations, other characters, even a little song or a poem. Please do not include weapons (including toy guns and what-not), medicines, etc Do not give any links.
    2. There is no minimum word limit, but the story should not exceed 400 words. A couple of extra words is fine, but not more than five extra.
    3. Give any title to the story, but keep it concise. The title must include the word 'colour' or 'colours'.

The rewards:
    The best story will receive a cash prize of Rs.150/- (up to two stories may be awarded). Other prizes- one second prize of Rs.100/-, and a consolation prize (up to two) of Rs.50/- may also be awarded. Other entries may get enhanced points and cash credits based on the quality.

Closing date: 18th March 2022.

Go ahead...take a blank canvas, and splash lots of colours on it!
    This is entry to the contest from my side
    United colors of now and future

K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

I humbly seek a small clarification:

Can I attach a photo/image (from internet or from my mobile camera) with my write-up, amd, if yes, can I be given the exact command to do the same. Unfortunately, I have forgotten the command.

Thanking in advance.

“Khamosh rahoon toh mushkil hain, keh doon toh shikayat hoti hain" (It is difficult to remain silent; But if I speak, they complain.) --------- Saba Afghani

Partha,

As I said, it is a blank canvas. Anything creative can be done for this contest. So, yes, you are welcome to attach an image that is your own. There is no command to be given. Simply use the feature 'Attachments' that appears near your name below the edit button. You will see it after you put up the thread. So then just click on 'Attachments', attach the image, and then either (a0 let it automatically appear just below your thread, or (b) copy-paste the HTML tags that you see and put it at the end of your story (that is what I have done above). Note that you need to accordingly select the option that you will see when attaching.

[A footnote- do stop that constant 'humbly' everywhere. It is very grating and is not required for any and every thread.]

When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

My submission: The child in me is fascinated by this colour
    “Khamosh rahoon toh mushkil hain, keh doon toh shikayat hoti hain" (It is difficult to remain silent; But if I speak, they complain.) --------- Saba Afghani

This is my submission:

A small color box in the world of child's thought

Believe in the existence of God the superpower.
    Regards
    Dhruba

This is my submission for the contest
    Colours week in my granddaughter's school

drrao
    always confident

My entry for this contest is as below -
    Lively colours of brotherly love

Knowledge is power.

Vandana Ma'am,

I have a query. You have mentioned in the post " It need not be related to the festival of Holi, and you are free to interpret the photo as you wish."

If I wish to write a story on Holi festival. Can I write?

Yes, of course, Dr. Deepali, you may do so. I mentioned that it need not be a reference to the festival because of the opening text and I do not want participants to limit their creativity with the story having an association only with the festival and not anything else.
    When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

Thank you so much ma'am for the reply.

Vandana Ma'm,

Kindly clear my doubt regarding the age group of the children for the story writing. May I include teenagers or it has to be below teen. I am a bit confused, so requesting you to clear my doubt.

shampasaid

This is my entry:-
    Getting a colouring book was my childhood dream

Shampa,

Aspects of the story as required do not literally have to be spelled out for participants. Perhaps you could read rule#2 and accordingly proceed.

Vandana Ma'am.

Thanks for the reply, but rule#2 is about word limit. I don't want to bother you again and again so would try to write according to my understanding. Thanks again.

shampasaid

Shampa,

My apologies. I meant rule #1. By mistake, I mentioned the second rule in my earlier response.

My entry for the contest is:

The friendship colour never fades

Vandana Ma'am,

No problem at all. Thank you

shampasaid

My entry:

Cherishing the colours of emotions

shampasaid

Here goes my entry to the contest:

When the peacock changed its colour!

Sankalan

"Life is easier when you enjoy what you do"

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.