You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Show respectable disrespect to those who are already reputed

This post would surely ignite the minds of our members and they would certainly append the reply. It is the attitude of human beings to have greater say on any issues or matters and that would be better represented than others or opponents. The person who is already reputed and yet try to overtake us in many forms need to be curtailed and the best way is to respectably disrespect him so that the overtures from his side would minimize because he would be more worried about our attitude and he would less concentrate on work.
    The title has ignited my mind. What is respectable disrespect? How to show respectable disrespect? Somehow I am unable to understand the gist of the thread. Autor may make it understandable.
    " Be Good and Do Good "

What I meant here that the disrespect should not be shown in arrogant way and be in respectable format.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

The author says that we should not be arrogant and at the same time we should not respect him. He says this is required as the other person is a reputed person. Simply being arrogant with him may lead us to problems. So don't follow him or don't obey him but never argue with him.
    When the other side person is a VIP and if we find something wrong with him and say openly to him may get reversed to us also, These VIPs will always be surrounded by his followers and whatever the VIPs say, these people will follow. These people may start fighting with us and they may try to prove that we are at fault. To avoid such situations many of us keep silent even though we know that what that gentleman is telling is wrong.
    When we sit for a discussion where our boss is also part of it sometimes even though we know what he is speaking makes no sense, we may keep silent as he is a VIP and not accepting him will land us in problems. So whether we like him or not we pretend as if we liked it. But we can say also our point of view gently without saying that what our boss told is not good.

drrao
    always confident

This is a strange and intriguing thread igniting our minds in a respectful way. I had pondered this issue in past that when we have to talk and deal with the reputed or high position people then we have to be very careful and alert in our behaviour and talking and even if we want to give them a message we should do it in a non-offensive polite way but they should get the message. Once they know that we are not the gullible lot then they will also not take us lightly and their behaviour will of course reflect it. So through this thread author has communicated a great message that dealing with reputed and influential people is not an easy task and we have to be much careful in that.
    Knowledge is power.

The title being dealt with by the author will take some to understand the intrinsic meaning of showing respectable disrespect. In fact, one would take its time to understand the gist of the tile. Whenever we come across with an important personality, we would prefer to listen to them and in that way, we are offering them respect. Normally we would not likeany discourtesy of these respectable people.
    The author might have given us messages that to entertain these dignified people is not that much easy and we need to have a careful approach while dealing with them.

The author seems to have coined the title only to give it a rhythmic tone. Otherwise, how can there be respectable disrespect? We respect someone when we admire his qualities or abilities deeply and respectable means to be regarded by society as proper or socially acceptable behaviour, attitude etc. So, how can we show respectable disrespect? The level of respect or disrespect may vary but both, I think, cannot go together.

Having said that, I don't think having or expressing our own opinion or dissenting to an opinion or idea of a person whom we respect, due to his knowledge, position or whatsoever, will amount to disrespect. We have to be, obviously, courteous and should not (cannot) be arrogant in doing so. A person's position does not, I feel, actually gain him any respect unless he rises to the requirements of the position he holds. Wishing him or getting up when he arrives or is speaking to you need not necessarily be because you respect him. It may be due to fear or because the protocol demands it.

Let me categorically say that a person who is really worthy of respect from others due to his qualities and abilities would be least bothered about the attitude of others and that is what makes him respectable.

"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on." -Robert Frost

• Sign In to post your comments