You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Which regions of AP have naturally beautiful villages?

Over a period of three decades, I have been to various places in erstwhile Andhra Pradesh like Khammam, Vijayawada, Vizag, Kurnool and so on. I have always been fascinated by the natural beauty in the Vijayawada region and I was also able to see a good deal of greenery in the Vijayawada to Guntur region.

Now, a friend of mine who is settled abroad, want to go around naturally beautiful villages in AP with his family by road, stay in some good hotels in the nearby towns, worship in the temples of the villages and so on.

Since I do not know much about the villages in AP, which have too much of natural beauty, I request our members from AP/ Telangana, to throw some light on this query. I will pass on that piece of information to them.

Please do share the views. I did, of course, share vital information about fabulous villages of Tamil Nadu, but they are interested in a new place only.

{Author to note and abide- Do not provide unnecessary details or credentials about individuals, direct or otherwise. Let your queries be direct and to the point.}
    There are many villages in the Godavari districts of Andhra Pradesh which are really good and one can enjoy the beauty of the land. In addition to that, there are many temples which are worth seeing. I have given the links to my articles published on ISC regarding important places in AP. You can refer to them and advise your friend also to refer them. As you are talking about villages and temples East Godavari District is the best place. Very green villages and very old traditional temples.

1. East Godavari District of Andhra Pradesh - A visitor's Paradise.
    2. Best places to visit around Vijayawada in Andhra Pradesh
    3. Important places around Tirupathi to visit
    4. Visakhapatnam: Best place in Andhra Pradesh for enjoying Christmas/New year holidays

drrao
    always confident

If your friend is an avid nature lover and wants to experience the lush greenery in Andhra Pradesh, then the highway stretch from Vijayawada towards Visakhapatnam is very enchanting as we see Krishna canal flowing alongside the road and the fields getting watered through the river outlet. The greenery is so serene. People who are fed up with concrete jungles would surely connect with the nature. For mountains and trees, Rayalaseema region is the best. The stretch through the Nallamala ranges, then to Tirumala via many small towns and then to Chittoor would be very rewarding. The Chandragiri fort in Chittoor is an added attraction apart from lots of pilgrimage centres along the route.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

This is a nice thread giving good information about the scenic places in Andhra Pradesh. Every state has some parts which attract the tourists and visitors for flocking to it and Andhra Pradesh is also one such state. I think the main attraction would be in the places which are near to the major rivers in this state due to obvious reasons that more greenery and plantation would be around those areas.
    Knowledge is power.

• Sign In to post your comments