You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Winners

Winners of Colours photo-based creative writing contest

For our photo-based creative writing contest it is unfortunate that some of the participants did not read the instructions with care, namely, that we wanted a story, and hence their entries could not be eligible for the prizes.

The winner of the contest with a cash reward of Rs.150/- is Sankalan Bhattacharya, and a consolation prize of Rs.50/- is awarded to Umesh. There is no second prize winner.

Congratulations to the winners! We will give enhanced points and cash credits only to other eligible entries.

[Footnote- may I suggest that contest participants avoid repetitive themes in their stories. It is like seeing forum threads on the same topic repeatedly, no matter that here and there it is slightly different. Do come up with some unique story idea.]
    Congratulations to the winners of the contest. Their entire are worthy and deserve prizes. I hope that they will continue their good work and win many more prizes in the coming days. A good contest.
    I have written a story only based on a competition held in my granddaughter's school Probably as the competition is a real event that was not considered as a story. Anyhow hereafter I will be more careful and use created roles only. A good contest organised and but participation is not up to expectations.

drrao
    always confident

The colors photo based creative writing contest was a good thought from Managing editor and congrats to Sankalan for winning the contest for his best contribution and also to Umesh for winning the consolation prize.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Congratulations to Sankalan Bhattacharya Sir and Umesh Sir for winning the very prestigious contest on colours, organized on the eve of the festival of colours. Well done!
    “Khamosh rahoon toh mushkil hain, keh doon toh shikayat hoti hain" (It is difficult to remain silent; But if I speak, they complain.) --------- Saba Afghani

I thank ISC for my consolation award and at the same time congratulate to Sankalan Bhattacharya for the first prize for his outstanding contribution. Well done.
    Knowledge is power.

Congratulations to Sankalan Bhattacharya Sir and Umesh Sir for winning the photo based creative writing contest. It was very interesting contest. But very few participant came up to expectation.

Hearty congratulations to Sankalan Bhattacharya, the winner of this contest and to Umesh, the consolation prize winner. Well done!

I totally agree with the observation by Vandana ma'am regarding the discouraging laxity of some members in reading and following the rules of a contest. Just as a participant expects their entry to be appreciated by others, though it may not win a prize, it is to be noted that an editor conducting a contest also expects her/ his guidelines to be understood and strictly followed by the participants. And sadly, this is not the first time that this point is being brought to the notice of the members.

The cash rewards and points to the winners have been credited.

"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on." -Robert Frost

Many congratulations to Sankalan Bhattacharya and Umesh Sir for winning the photo-based creative writing contest.

My congratulations to Umesh Sir for winning a prize and my thanks to ISC for selecting my entry for the award.

Vandana Ma'am has reminded us once again about the importance of reading all the instructions carefully and we all must do that every time.

Sankalan

"Life is easier when you enjoy what you do"

My hearty congratulations to Mr. Sankalan Bhattacharya for winning the photo-based creative writing contest. I also congratulate Mr. Umesh for getting the consolation prize and other members who have got cash credits.
    Regards
    Rizwan

Congratulations to both the winners of the contest. Keep it up!
    shampasaid

Congratulations to Mr. Sankalan Bhattacharya for winning the photo based creative writing contest. I also congratulate Umesh Sir for getting the consolation prize. The efforts of other members have to be appreciated for their entry in the context and have secured cash credit.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.