1. Nowadays, due to the grueling work schedule, I can't regularly get benefitted from the valuable insights of KVRR Sir and other members of ISC. I can't regularly question them and know more about the world and my own self. It's a loss for me!
2. I thank Sankalan-babu for quoting the most favourite lines of my departed father. In fact, just before his death in August 2020, he suddenly talked to me over an hour on telephone and explained his life's philosophy quoting this famous poem of John Lennon and Yoko Ono. Thanks again.
3. Now, let me come to KVRR Sir's contention. It is great that India, through deft diplomatic manoeuvres, under the able leadership up of Modi-Jaishankar-Puri, managed to secure safe return of all Indian students (except one). Further, India, through brilliant diplomatic handling of the crisis, has managed to get many more benefits for the Indians, which almost all of us know.
4. The aim of diplomacy is to get more and more benefits for the country. And war is considered an extension of diplomacy. This much I had to read while studying International Relations (long back). India is trying to get more benefits from all countries involved through pragmatic handling of crisis. Many NATO countries are also arranging business deals with Russia although they are formally opposing Putin. India is not doing this.
5. If India could not secure safe passage of the students, the anti-Modi people would shout through the roof and would have remarked that Indian foreign policy should not oppose Russia and adopt practical approach. Whatever Modi does, they oppose it. So, let's not bother about their useless comments.
6. We should also try to remember the faults of Nehru to have a idealistic foreign policy, without pragmatism and strong military. We know how insulted was he during his last few years of life! Wasn't it his own fault?
7. Only this much is suffice that Ukraine has done terrible things and Russia has genuine reasons to attack the country. Biden has instigated Zelenskyy and has now almost abandoned him in crisis. NATO leaders don't have the ability to save him from the wrath of Putin. Putin will send Ukraine to the 18th Century and only Zelenskyy is responsible for this.
8. Let's first adopt humanitarian approach for our own people and secure maximum advantage for them.
“Khamosh rahoon toh mushkil hain, keh doon toh shikayat hoti hain" (It is difficult to remain silent; But if I speak, they complain.) --------- Saba Afghani