You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

My perception of humanity has changed.

I am of the strong opinion that humanity never dies. Humanity in some form or the other will be alive in this world. Now certain things are happening in this world which has changed my perception of humanity. Russia has started a war against Ukraine. The Russian forces are bombarding the Ukrainian towns mercilessly. The war is due to politics. The innocent people are paying a heavy penalty for their lives.

I expected all the countries of the world would unite against Russia and take action to stop the war. It is not to be so. Politics are playing a major role and the countries are taking a stand based on their political advantages but not the innocent lives that are lost so far. I expected our country to condemn the Russian action in the strongest terms. All our country did was to find a safe way to bring all the Indian citizens back safely from Ukraine. It succeeded in doing so but failed miserably like many other countries in condemning Russia. Is this humanity?
    I am against the author's perception for many reasons. That India is the peace loving country and never interfere into the affairs of other country. The war of invasion between Russia and Ukraine was their own consequences to which India need not take sides. And India is already confronting with enmity from Pakistan and China and therefore being neutral is the best policy and even International leaders are acclaiming Modi niti on this war. India has its own interest with Russia and cannot come under pressure from US. But at the same time India does not want to become a country to ignite the third world war. When super powers are keeping quite why India should bother and just watch as Russia would be running out of arm and ammunition and at that time revenging countries would pounce on Russia to suffer.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Every nation will think first about the safety of its people. India managed well and brought our country's people safely back to the country. Has they opposed Russia, that country might not have given chance to India for bringing their people safely back. I read somewhere that Russia stopped the war for 6 hours to ensure that all the Indians will come out of Ukraine. After getting our people back if our country goes against Russia, what people will say is that India has burnt the raft after crossing over the river.
    India's neutral stand will have its impact. Russia is watching our moves very closely and we are becoming nearer to the USA by opposing Russia, the support of Russia may go to China and Pakistan and it will become difficult for our country.
    We have our enemies around us and we can't make more enemies by supporting a country and going against another country, I feel.

drrao
    always confident

Russia-Ukraine war is going on for more than one month. Russia is the aggressor and the innocent people of Ukraine losing their lives. Lakhs of Ukraine people fleed to other neighboring countries. India did well in bringing back all our citizens safe from the war zone to the motherland. Any country will try to safeguard its citizens living in another country. India also did the same but failed to condemn Russia for its aggression on Ukraine. Is it not humane to condemn the aggressor?
    God forbid if we find our country in the same position as Ukraine, what we will say if other countries react the same way? Don't we expect other countries to come to our help and condemn the aggressor? Don't we expect the aggressor to be singled out and made to stop the aggression? If humanity is alive, all the countries would have come together and given a stern warning to Russia and made it stop the war. I do not find fault with our country negotiating and bringing back our people. I wish not only our country but all other countries to come together and warn Russia such that it will step back. The warning should be such that no other country will ever try to invade another sovereign country. What is wrong if my perception of humanity changed due to this war? We say the world is advancing in many ways. What is this advancement when innocent people are killed in aggression by another country?

" Be Good and Do Good "

Ukraine should have thought the consequences of spying against Russia and commissioning secret biological warfare factories at the behest of the USA. Biden or any other NATO leader doesn't have the ability to face Putin.

Whatever KVRR Sir says, India won't oppose Russia because Russia still stands firmly with India.

Russia must teach Ukraine a lesson because it conspired against Russia.

“Khamosh rahoon toh mushkil hain, keh doon toh shikayat hoti hain" (It is difficult to remain silent; But if I speak, they complain.) --------- Saba Afghani

The conflict between Russia and Ukraine is not only political but also due to business and trade issues between them. We cannot blame only Russia for it. The point raised by the author in this thread definitely has weight and merit but in todays selfish world no country is going to help other one until that is going to provide some benefit to it in return. India was known as a country always giving weightage to the human values and humanity but today India is also emerging as a powerful nation in the South-East Asia and that is a big factor stopping it to take any decision or action based on mere sentiments. Politics is a matter of calculation and there is no help available to the sufferers here.
    Knowledge is power.

Humanity is still alive and witnessed when we see someone helping the needy. When one country faces difficulties others do provide aid on humanitarian grounds. I don't think the stance taken by India should be a reason to change the perception of humanity. People started killing people long ago and there were two world wars. Many countries possess nuclear weapons and some of them promise not to use them in the first place. If I go by the logic of the author then all these things are against humanity only. You have all the arms and ammunitions on one hand and preaching peace on the other which itself proves the dubious nature of the politicians throughout the world. Here I would like to quote a few lines from the song 'Imagine' written by John Lennon and Yoko Ono.

"Imagine there's no countries
    It isn't hard to do
    Nothing to kill or die for
    And no religion, too
    Imagine all the people
    Living life in peace... You...

You may say I'm a dreamer
    But I'm not the only one
    I hope someday you'll join us
    And the world will be as one"

Alas! It remained an imagination only and the world is ruled by people having mostly their interests in their minds. When so many arms and ammunition are manufactured they have to be utilised somehow, which may sound quite awkward, but when they are used it is always against humanity only. There is no point in discussing who condemned or who didn't. The point as long as the inhuman instinct of humans remains there will be no end to conflicts.

Sankalan

"Life is easier when you enjoy what you do"

Partha Sir, the claims by Russia that Ukraine is developing biological weapons are unsubstantiated. It is only to support its aggression on Ukraine, Russia is making such claims. I do accept that to face an inhuman person like Mr. Putin will be difficult for anyone including Mr. Biden. It is obvious that India is not going against Russia. The recent votings by India in UNSC show that very clearly. Our government policy is very clear. It is not going to oppose or condemn Russia for its aggression on Ukraine. What are a few thousand lives of innocent people when the decisions are made on political considerations? That is why I am saying that my perception of humanity has changed due to the Russian aggression and the reaction of many countries based on their political considerations.
    " Be Good and Do Good "

1. Nowadays, due to the grueling work schedule, I can't regularly get benefitted from the valuable insights of KVRR Sir and other members of ISC. I can't regularly question them and know more about the world and my own self. It's a loss for me!

2. I thank Sankalan-babu for quoting the most favourite lines of my departed father. In fact, just before his death in August 2020, he suddenly talked to me over an hour on telephone and explained his life's philosophy quoting this famous poem of John Lennon and Yoko Ono. Thanks again.

3. Now, let me come to KVRR Sir's contention. It is great that India, through deft diplomatic manoeuvres, under the able leadership up of Modi-Jaishankar-Puri, managed to secure safe return of all Indian students (except one). Further, India, through brilliant diplomatic handling of the crisis, has managed to get many more benefits for the Indians, which almost all of us know.

4. The aim of diplomacy is to get more and more benefits for the country. And war is considered an extension of diplomacy. This much I had to read while studying International Relations (long back). India is trying to get more benefits from all countries involved through pragmatic handling of crisis. Many NATO countries are also arranging business deals with Russia although they are formally opposing Putin. India is not doing this.

5. If India could not secure safe passage of the students, the anti-Modi people would shout through the roof and would have remarked that Indian foreign policy should not oppose Russia and adopt practical approach. Whatever Modi does, they oppose it. So, let's not bother about their useless comments.

6. We should also try to remember the faults of Nehru to have a idealistic foreign policy, without pragmatism and strong military. We know how insulted was he during his last few years of life! Wasn't it his own fault?

7. Only this much is suffice that Ukraine has done terrible things and Russia has genuine reasons to attack the country. Biden has instigated Zelenskyy and has now almost abandoned him in crisis. NATO leaders don't have the ability to save him from the wrath of Putin. Putin will send Ukraine to the 18th Century and only Zelenskyy is responsible for this.

8. Let's first adopt humanitarian approach for our own people and secure maximum advantage for them.

“Khamosh rahoon toh mushkil hain, keh doon toh shikayat hoti hain" (It is difficult to remain silent; But if I speak, they complain.) --------- Saba Afghani

Further, I would like to add another two points.

9. We must not forget the role played by Ukraine to impose sanction against India after the successful test of atom bomb in 1998.

10. When the USA and China openly supported the terrible genocide of Bengali Hindus by Pakistan in 1971, where was the humanity? How many countries did support India in the name of humanity? Was the definition of humanity different in 1971?

Profound regards.

@ 754448, Sankalan: My concern is not just about the stand taken by India alone but all the countries which did not condemn Russia for its aggression on Ukraine. I condemn the dubious nature of the politicians who are playing with the lives of the people.

"You may say I'm a dreamer
    But I'm not the only one
    I hope someday you'll join us
    And the world will be as one"

How appropriate. I hope that all those countries and the people join together to make this world as one to live peacefully without weapons of destruction.

@ Partha Sir:
    1. The loss is not yours but ours to miss your comments on a regular basis.
    2. I too accept the efforts of the Indian Government in facilitating the safe return of all our citizens except maybe a few who did not want to return.
    3. If India managed to get some benefits like crude oil at discounted rates, can I assume that it is achieved by not condemning Russia?
    4. We are discussing humanitarian considerations but not diplomacy.
    5. If the safe passage of our citizens is not achieved, all the people of India would have found fault with the government depending on its efforts.
    6. For how long you people go on haunting Nehruji who is in the grave since 1964? It is generally believed that dead people haunt those who are alive but here we find the live people are haunting the dead.
    7. This is highly unacceptable to me. Supporting Russia saying that it has genuine reasons to attack Ukraine and kill innocent people. This is shameful support when innocent people are killed. I am really sorry.
    8. Let us have a humanitarian approach not only for our people but all the human race.

" Be Good and Do Good "

KVRR Sir is silent on my additional two points (Point Nos. 9 and 10). What does this silence signify?

Partha Sir, when people do not find answers, they search for excuses. So your points 8 and 9 deserve no response.
    " Be Good and Do Good "

Earlier I sought to know that when the USA and China openly supported the terrible genocide of Bengali Hindus by Pakistan in 1971, where was the humanity? How many countries did support India in the name of humanity? Was the definition of humanity different in 1971?

Now, KVRR Sir has clearly replied: ".......when people do not find answers, they search for excuses."

I have understood!

Partha Sir, when we are discussing Russia -Ukraine war, you are going back to 1971 history and bringing out persons who are in their graves. When you don't find answers for the present, you back and find excuses.

Unfortunately, there are people who support the aggressor citing excuses from history. They do not answer the present. Always finding excuses

" Be Good and Do Good "

Is humanity limited to Ukraine? KVRR Sir knows better!

• Sign In to post your comments