You must Sign In to post a response.
Love writing and love books? Here's your chance to write a chapter for an exciting e-book!
  • Category: Reward Programs

A unique travel experience through an e-book- registrations invited

After a long gap, we are back with our popular e-book creative writing contest! For those who are new to the concept, here's how it gets published- members register, receive instructions on the order in which they have to submit a chapter, and have to post the chapter within 24hrs. of the previous chapter's submission in the main announcement thread of the contest.

This e-book will be on a travel experience. The specific details of the type and the rules will be given in the announcement thread of the contest. For now, all those keen on submitting a chapter for the e-book should express their wish to participate by posting a response to this thread. Please register if and only if you will be 100% sure that you will be able to give time for it as and when your turn comes in the coming weeks starting from 14th April. You will know the order, that is, who will write which chapter number, through this thread, and a list will also be mentioned in the main announcement thread.

The e-book contest will begin on 14th April 2022. As of now, there is no specific last date for registration. The registration will close once we have a good number of participants.

Go ahead, then, put your name as a registered author - perhaps you will win one of the top prizes!
    I wish to participate in e-book creative writing contest on 'travel experiences'.
    Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

I am also interested in participating in this ebook writing competition on 'A unique travel experience'. I request the organisers to include my name also in the list of participants.
    drrao
    always confident

I am also interested to participate to write a page for the eBook on 'A unique travel experience'. Do provide the update on the time allotted for each candidate to write their chapter so as to know the time in hand, to complete the chapter, and submit the same on time.
    “The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in." — Morrie Schwartz

Varghese,

Like in earlier e-book contests. the chapter has to be submitted within 24hrs. of the previous author's chapter. This is already mentioned in this thread's text.

To explain- The timestamp clearly shows on all our responses. So, for example, if Dr. Rao submits his chapter at 21.00 on 15th April, and you are the next author, you need to submit your chapter no later than 9 p,.m on 16th April. If the timestamp shows even a minute late, like 21.01, then your chapter will not be eligible for the main prizes.

When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

I am also interested to participate in this e-book contest. Please count me in.

I think I would be able to manage to write a chapter if I get 24 hours.

So, most humbly, I submit that I would like to participate in this e-Book contest.

“Khamosh rahoon toh mushkil hain, keh doon toh shikayat hoti hain" (It is difficult to remain silent; But if I speak, they complain.) --------- Saba Afghani

Kindly register my name for the ebook.
    shampasaid

Since we now have a few registered authors, note that the announcement of the contest launch will be made tomorrow morning when I am able to come online, likely between 10.30 and 11.30 a.m.

The order of the first five chapters will be as follows (the reverse of the first five members who registered)-
    1. Chapter 1- Partha
    2. Chapter 2- Dr. Deepali Gangwar
    3. Chapter 3- Varghese
    4. Chapter 4- Dr. Srinivasa Rao
    5. Chapter 5- Kailash Kumar

So Partha has to submit the first chapter within 24 hours of the time that appears on the announcement thread.

A bonus- As the first five to register, you will each get a bonus of 5 points! That is, whatever points you get for your chapter, you will be credited with 5 additional points.

Note that everyone who is participating in the e-book contest is expected to keep track of this thread on a regular basis to get updates.

When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

I also want to participate in this contest. Please include my name for the same.
    Knowledge is power.

I will be announcing the contest in a little while...

In the meanwhile, here's an update- as you know, I often have tricks up my sleeve for a contest! So for this e-book, we're going to do something different. Participants will need to upload a photo along with their chapter. The photo will be of something that is an element to be included by the next author in her/his chapter. The photo's element need not be the exact same thing to be included by the next author. For example, let's say I upload a photo of a yellow toy. The author can include in the chapter - a yellow toy or any toy or the color yellow that is not necessarily an object and can be something abstract. Naturally, the photo has to be your own self-taken one and not taken from an online/printed or any other source. The goal will be to give a challenging element to the next author to include in a way that it will not take the story off-track (but not too complicated a photo please!) and for the author the challenge is to include that element in a relevant way.

So every author will (a) submit the chapter and (b) upload a photo immediately in the response below it, stating "Here's the photo for the next author". The next author will then need to submit her/his chapter within 24hrs. of the photo-response.

If you need any clarifications, you can post your queries in a response to this thread. Kindly do not raise questions in the main contest announcement thread.

The contest has been announced: Set sail on a unique travel experience through an e-book - the voyage begins. Please ensure that you keep a photo ready to upload in a response right after you submit the chapter. Do not submit the photo whenever you like!

Partha- since you are writing the first chapter, please wait for me to upload a photo that you need to include as an element in your chapter's text.

Based on past e-book contests, here's a tip-
    It is up to each author to follow the story carefully and not create confusion by suddenly changing a character's name. Do not merely read the chapter that precedes your own, but read the e-book from the very first chapter. Somebody may introduce a new character suddenly and you feel you want to continue with an earlier character as well. By all means, do so as long as you can stick to the main thread of the story. Also, after the contest closes, don't blame somebody for taking the story off-track. It will be your challenge to get things back on track!

Can I give a short description of the image which I would upload?
    “Khamosh rahoon toh mushkil hain, keh doon toh shikayat hoti hain" (It is difficult to remain silent; But if I speak, they complain.) --------- Saba Afghani

I have submitted the first chapter three minutes ago.

Partha,

You should not submit any description of the photo. It is for the next author to understand the photo based on the story that is unfolding, and how to interpret it and incorporate it.

Everyone is requested to upload the photo only once, in a separate response as per the instructions given.

I submitted the photo without description. But submitted it twice due to some problem in the Submit button.

Alright, Partha. It's ok. I have deleted the photo that was attached to the first response.

Photo submitted by Partha is not opening. Showing 404-File or directory not found.

Partha has again uploaded the photo in the ebook thread. We can see that now.
    drrao
    always confident

Thank you Dr NV Srinivasa Roa for the information. And thank you Partha for uploading of Photo again. I have also submitted chapter 2.

I was offline earlier today and read about this problem just now.

Just before I signed out of ISC yesterday, I did see the photo. Perhaps it got deleted since I had deleted the duplicate attached to the chapter. Thanks, Partha for taking the initiative and doing the needful. I appreciate your quick thinking.

Looks like very few members are interested in participating. So far only 7 members have registered.

I would like to participate in the contest.
    Sanjeev

" The two most important days in your life are the day when you are born and the day you find out why? "
    – Mark Twain

Sanjeev Gupta, thanks for expressing your interest in participating.

Since Varghese failed to submit Chapter 3 on time, Dr. Rao will do so. Participants are requested not to wait for my go-ahead for the next author if an author fails to submit the designated Chapter. Just see the timestamp of the photo uploaded by the earlier author and, accordingly, submit within 24hrs. of that timestamp.

The order of the subsequent chapters now is-
    Chapter 4- Kailash Kumar
    Chapter 5- Shampa Sadhya
    Chapter 6- Umesh
    Chapter 7- Sanjeev Gupta

Vandana, I have noticed the same and I started making my chapter. I will submit the same within the 24 hours time limit and thank you for reminding me.
    drrao
    always confident

Vandana,
    Just now I have submitted my chapter. But I am not able to post my picture. This is due to the restriction that one member can't post more than two responses in a row. You have to permit me to post my picture by posting a response in the other thread. I request you to do the needful. Regret the inconvenience caused.

drrao
    always confident

1. I am waiting for the photo to be uploaded by Dr Rao because I can start writing my chapter of the story only after referring to the photograph.
    2. Since, nowadays, I am in California in the US my timings of posting will appear in IST on ISC which may look like giving a much shorter time for posting to the next author.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

Mr Kailash Kumar,
    Please post a comment in the ebook thread and that will enable me to post the photo. Please do the needful

drrao
    always confident

Mr Kailash Kumar,
    I have uploaded the photo now. You can go ahead with your chapter.

drrao
    always confident

I have submitted my chapter and image too.
    shampasaid

Vandana Madam, Am I required to write a closing chapter or someone else will be doing it.
    Sanjeev

" The two most important days in your life are the day when you are born and the day you find out why? "
    – Mark Twain

Sanjeev Gupta,

No, you will not write the closing chapter. What you have to do is write Chapter 7 and upload a photo. I will request Partha, as the opening chapter's author, to put in the closing chapter without a photo attached to it.

Partha,

Since no more registrations have come in, we will close the e-book. I request you to put a closing chapter and end the e-book once Sanjeev Gupta has uploaded his chapter. You do not need to upload a photo for it.

Your closing chapter will not be eligible for the main prizes, but you will get enhanced points and cash credits for your effort. Please let me know if you are willing to end the e-book, otherwise, I will assign it to somebody else.

Extremely busy. But if I get 24 hours, I can attempt.

Yes, Partha, the same 24hours duration will be applicable from the time of uploading of the photo by Sanjeev Gupta. Thanks!

I have submitted my chapter and uploaded the photo.
    Sanjeev

– Mark Twain

I have submitted the last chapter. Could not adhere to the word-limit because I was trying to manage the loose ends.

I started describing a real-life experience, but interestingly the e-book took a totally different turn.

Partha - You should have stuck to the word limit. Thanks, though, for concluding the story.

The e-book contest is now closed. Thanks, everyone for participating.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.