You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Festivals

Subho Noboborsho to you all

It's time to welcome the New Year. Yes, the Bengali New Year is celebrated everywhere throughout the state and I wish you all Subho Naboborsho. Though we follow the English calendar throughout the country for official purposes, most of the states in our country have their own languages and calendar. That's what is unique and binding us together. In many states, the New Year was celebrated yesterday and in West Bengal, the New Year is celebrated today in a big way. There was no celebration during the past 2 years because of the pandemic situation but now things have improved a lot and practically there is no restriction now. It's time to celebrate and at the same time, we all need to behave responsibly. May all your wishes come true this year. Stay healthy, be happy and keep smiling.
    Subho Noboborsho to all the members of ISC on the eve of Bengali New Year. Yesterday was the new year's day for the Tamilnadu people. Telugu Ugadi came this year on the 2nd of April and on the same day Karanatka new Year is also celebrated. That is the greatness of India. Unity in diversity. People celebrate their own festivals with much devotion and happiness. Other people support them and all will go together.
    I wish and hope that this new year will bring happiness, health and wealth to all the people of India. Last two years there were no celebrations. But this year people are more relaxed and celebrating their festivals happily.

drrao
    always confident

The Bengali year which has just left has not provided anything to the Bengalis for celebration. Our beautiful state is being engulfed by darkness.

Bangladesh celebrated New Year as per their artificial calendar yesterday. The condition of that country is almost similar. The increasingly powerful fundamentalist forces are strongly propagating the theory of banning celebration of Bengali New Year in that country.

Despite all these, we hope that new year will bring new promise. Bengal will get back its lost glory. On that note, Subho Noboborsho 1429.

“Khamosh rahoon toh mushkil hain, keh doon toh shikayat hoti hain" (It is difficult to remain silent; But if I speak, they complain.) --------- Saba Afghani

We have so many calendars in our country but the new year begins sometime in April only. People of a state take pride in their new year's day as it is a sign of their culture and tradition. I also wish a Subho Naboborsho to all the members of ISC and hope that this year would bring prosperity to Bengal and its habitants as well as the whole country. The people of Bengal are considered intellectuals and Bengal has produced many scholars of eminence. The people of Bengal are present in various states of the country and are mainly in service. I wish all of them a happy Subho Naboborsho and wish that they continue to serve the country with their knowledge and have the pride of serving their motherland.
    Knowledge is power.

My hearty congratulations and best wishes for the happy Bengali new year and I sincerely hope that after hectic two-year of no such celebration the Bengalis would certainly welcome this occasion with great enthusiasm. May all the pending wishes of the people be fulfilled without any further delay and hope Mamta didi would have announced some special sops for the same.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.