You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Festivals

Adhikesava Perumal and Ramanujar Utsavam

Sri Adhikesava Perumal Utsavam and Sri Ramanujar Avatara Utsavam will be celebrated in Sriperumbudur Taluk, Kanchipuram District, Tamil Nadu every year during April and May.

Due to Covid 19 pandemic, this function was celebrated only with priest last two years. From this year onwards this function will be celebrated with grand galore. During Sri Ramanujar Utsavam, all chatrams will serve food freely to all.

Sri Ramanujar was born in Sriperumbudur 1000 years back and got mukthi in Srirangam. His body is still kept in Srirangam. His body is preserved with many ayurvedic Thailand and even now some priest says that Sri Ramanujar's nails are in good condition.

Sri Ramanujar is the forerunner in creating festivals and method of pooja and worship in many Perumal temple's including Srirangam and Tirumala Tirupathi.

Sri Adhikesava Perumal Utsavam - 15/04/2022 to 25/04/2022.
    Sri Ramanujar Utsavam- 25/04/2022 to 06/05/2022.

God Bless you all.

Karthikeyan V
    Thanks to author for sharing this information to all and it is the great feeling to be the disciple of Ramanuja as we follow his preachings and teachings and he is our guru. Fortunately I had visited this place when I was the child as my father's sister was living near the temple and though I was a child, the memories are still fresh. In Hyderabad a big tribute to Ramanujar has already been done with 108 divya kshetram and big statue of the great saint has been dedicated to the public by PM Modi recently and that is called statue of equality true to the sense that Ramanujar fought for the equal status of all. For every person the teaching of Ramanuja would change his mindset and would start new thinking to the purpose of this life and why so many years are wasted thereof. Let there be good sense prevail among the public.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

These days we are hearing more about Sri Ramanuja. He is very famous for his way of teaching and telling that all are equal and one should not have any differences. The big Ramanuja idol which is inaugurated recently by the PM of India is the centre of attraction for many people and every day thousands of people are going to witness the idol. This will become a big tourist spot in the coming days.
    In many Vaishnava temples, the methods taught by Ramanuja only will be used while performing sevas to God. Thanks to the author for sharing the information about the festival. People should understand the teachings of these famous people and should try to follow their teachings in true spirits.

drrao
    always confident

It is a piece of interesting information shared by the author. I was not aware of Sri Adhikesava Perumal Utsavam and Sri Ramanujar Avatara Utsavam which are celebrated in Sriperumbudur Taluk, Kanchipuram District, Tamil Nadu every year in April and May. After the corona pandemic, these celebrations are being revived and more people are now getting informed about this place and its relevance in our religion. If the number of tourists also increases there then it would be good for the local economy and people would get jobs that arise in connection with entertaining and serving the tourists. I wish and hope that this place and these celebrations would emerge as good annual events in this part of the country and bring prosperity.
    Knowledge is power.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.