You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Study Abroad

Indian students please note!

Yesterday (22nd April 2022), the University Grants Commission (UGC) of India and the All-India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) have jointly issued a public notice. The notice states that Indian nationals must note that those Indian nationals who intend to take admission in degree colleges or educational institutions of Pakistan, shall not be eligible to seek higher education or employment in India on the basis of that particular qualification acquired in Pakistan.

However, the migrants and their children who had acquired higher education in Pakistan and subsequently took the citizenship of India, will be eligible to seek employment in India on the basis of their degrees acquired in Pakistan, subject to security clearance by the Ministry of Home Affairs of India.

Indian students please note.

(I am attaching the Public Notice.)
    Public Notice issued by UGC and AICTE:
    “Khamosh rahoon toh mushkil hain, keh doon toh shikayat hoti hain" (It is difficult to remain silent; But if I speak, they complain.) --------- Saba Afghani

Delete Attachment

While appreciating the author for sharing this very important alert which does not permit Indian students to take up higher studies in Pakistan to which they are not eligible to jobs in India. By the way Pakistan is not that sought after country to seek higher education there. Now a days students are most interested to have good education with scholarships and later absorbed as the employee of some company or organization in the same country they are going to study and I am sure that the present situation in Pakistan does not warrant for higher education by Indians and who ever be longing to go there may be out of frustration from our country and they need not come back. So I think this missive given by the UGC and AICTE would be taken light by the students as there would be no takers to go for Pakistan for sure.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

I don't think many students opt to take admission in Pakistan. The University Grants Commission has advised not to go to Pakistan for higher studies may be due to the poor standards of education there or the living conditions there. They have not mentioned the reasons for that.
    In my opinion, this is a good decision and we should discourage Indians from going to our enemy country. Students going there may not have proper safety also and anyhow quality of education is also not good. Indian institutes are much better than the institutes there.
    It is good that the author brought out this information so that many people will know about this development and they will not opt to go there.

drrao
    always confident

To my opinion, the students of our country would be no more interested to persuade their higher education in Pakistan due to their poor standards of the higher education apart from the discomfort while living in that country. However from our end, we should not encourage any one going to Pakistan for higher education purpose. In case, they suffer in future for the wrong decision, it might pinch us. We should not forget that our own institutions are far far better than Pakistan . However, the current notification should provide the students a timely guideline.

Even now, some Indian people go and try to settle in Pakistan after marriage. In some cases, such people may acquire Pakistani degrees. Later, if they return to India, they may try to get jobs on the basis of their Pakistani degree. That won't be allowed.
    On the other hand, some Pakistanis come and settle in India on the basis of their marriage with Indian males. They may have Pakistani degrees. Such people won't be allowed to use their Pakistani degrees.
    However, this stipulation won't be applicable in case of Pakistani migrants in India (Read: the tortured minorities in Pakistan). They can apply for Indian Government employment on the basis of Pakistani degrees, if they have any,

“Khamosh rahoon toh mushkil hain, keh doon toh shikayat hoti hain" (It is difficult to remain silent; But if I speak, they complain.) --------- Saba Afghani

The degree may be the same but the domicile of the candidates is the criteria. This decision might have been taken considering national security. I have heard about degrees acquired elsewhere not recognised in some countries. Such candidates are required to fulfill certain conditions like an apprenticeship or further training to recognise their educational qualifications.
    " Be Good and Do Good "

KVRR Sir, blanket ban on Pakistani degrees. No qualifying examination, etc. like degrees of other countries. Only exception is in case the Pakistani degree-holder is a migrant (i.e. if the degree-holder is a persecuted minority of Pakistan).

• Sign In to post your comments