You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Festivals

Best wishes on Akshaya Tritiya

Today is Akshaya Tritya. It falls on the third lunar day of the bright half (Shukla Paksha) of the Indian month of Vaisakha. On this very auspicious day, Hindus of India and other countries worship Lord Vishnu. Hindus believe that Lord Ganesha and Veda Vyas started writing the Mahabharata on this day. Lord Parashuram was also born on this day. It is also the birthday of Goddess Annapurna. According to Indian traditional beliefs, buying gold on Akshaya Tritiya brings good luck and success to the family, and is likely to bring wealth in the future.

My best wishes to the ISC family-members on this very auspicious day!
    On the occasion of Akshaya Tritiya I join myself and my family members in wishing everyone on this great day. Purchasing gold on this day is considered more auspicious but the rates are very high and the common man cannot even think of it. On this day my late father in law birthday also falls so there is already celebrations in the home and this day cannot be forgotten. Mahabharata, the great epic was made known to mankind this day and Lord Parshuram, the incarnation of Lakshmana in Ramayana was born today. At Kasi, Goddess Annapoorneshwari would be prayed for the continued food availability for the entire family for the whole life. One thing is sure, if the nation is safe and sound without enmity and their evil designs, the people would be safe and developing and for that each day would be auspicious to all.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

I convey my best wishes to all the members of ISC on the occasion of Akshaya Tritiya. Today whatever donations we give to the poor will give us more blessings than on any normal day. Today is Parasurama Jayanthi also. Today I have a very glorious day. I had the chance of meeting Kanchi Kamakoti Peetadhipathis Swami who is presently camping in Hyderabad. He is kind enough to bless me. Really a wonderful occasion which I will never forget. Today he has presented degrees to the students who studied in their Veda Pathasala and passed the courses. He blessed all the students by presenting the certificates with his own hands.
    These days Akshaya Tritiya has become very famous and people believe that purchasing Gold and Silver on this auspicious day will enhance our wealth. But donations we do today are more important than purchases. We should donate some money or material to the needy. That will give good health and wealth.

drrao
    always confident

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.