You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Have you ever drawn a picture on a pitcher?

You all know that Bonalu Festivities is fast approaching and it would start from 25th June for one full month celebrated across the Telangana according to local dates. The earthen pot makers are busy decorating the pitchers with beautiful colors and themes so that it attracts the women folks immediately and purchase the same. I have seen lots of care has been taken to bring in different color shades, different themes on the pitcher and thus scores of pitchers are getting ready for the great traditional festival. Have you ever drawn a picture on the pitcher?
    Bonalu is a very important festival in Hyderabad. During the last two years, the celebrations are at a very low note due to COVID. This year it may go on a full scale. People are eagerly waiting for the same.
    Earthen pots containing food items decorated well will be carried by ladies on their heads to the village Goddess temple and perform puja there. Every family will celebrate this for one day on a Sunday in the month of Ashada. Areawise the dates will be fixed and the festival will be performed on that date in that area.
    The pots they carry will be very attractive and there will be good demand for such empty vessels during this month. I have seen many pictures drawn on a pitcher. But I don't know how to do it? But by daughters-in-law will do that. Basically, as we are from Andhra Pradesh, we have no tradition of celebrating this festival. But we enjoy seeing the people performing the same. All big political leaders of this Telangana area will make sure that they will participate in the same.

drrao
    always confident

Drawing kalamkari art on the pitcher make it more attractive to buy.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

• Sign In to post your comments