You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

You can't change your reputation if once it is damaged

These days, many people are indulged in damaging the reputation of others people. In such a case what happens, people lose the others people trust. People will not see you as the person you were before. They will always see you with suspicious mind. Once your reputation is damaged then it is very difficult to regain. Once my sister was very upset due to personal matter and came home from outside. Small function was there at home and many people were there. She started shouting for something. Some people saw her shouting and declared her as very angry person from that day. After that most of the people talk her formally and maintain distance.
    You want to improve your reputation and change the caliber of your relationships with others, you must speak your truth, live your truth and leave a legacy of your truth by teaching others.
    "You can't change your reputation if once it is damaged"----------- Yes, I agree.

From my personal point of view, I have lost my reputation on this platform. Now, I am very controversial and sometime I am not even touched with a barge-pole. I find it very difficult to regain my reputation on this platform.

However, author's comment "You want to improve your reputation and change the caliber of your relationships with others, you must speak your truth, live your truth and leave a legacy of your truth" simply goes over my head. What is your truth, my truth or his truth? Truth is same for all, opinion can be different.

“Khamosh rahoon toh mushkil hain, keh doon toh shikayat hoti hain" (It is difficult to remain silent; But if I speak, they complain.) --------- Saba Afghani

The author has touched a very sensitive issue discussing the the damage of the situation. We need to be a little bit careful while dealing with the people. We should ensure that we should not be so much aggressive in our dealings with the people. We should keep this thing in mind that outburst of temper during the public place can be detrimental enough to malign our image. The unfortunate part is that once the image is corroded, it cannot be regained back. Hence on this aspect, we must be careful.

Notoriety is a symptom that not only destroys itself but also puts everyone around it in an extreme situation. In the presence of this one trait, we can be utterly hated, again in the absence of control of this trait we can all be ideal. The negative feeling between belief and disbelief, and the bad thoughts that cause us unrest is the main reason. Maybe because of some ignorance or some mistake, someone can suddenly do a bad thing. But the reason is that he is not really a bad person. However, once the notoriety is viewed with suspicion. But his mental situation goes imbalanced when others continuously disbelieve him, and later becomes abnormal in behavior also. The level of this abnormality increases and becomes a mental patient. We see many such incidents in society. We should observe the symptoms and not neglect them but try to return him to a healthy life with cooperation and sincerity like a family member.
    Believe in the existence of God the superpower.
    Regards
    Dhruba

Regaining the lost reputation is a very difficult task but not impossible. Knowingly or unknowingly we may commit some mistakes and that may give chance to others to talk negatively and we may lose our reputation. But by understanding our mistakes and correcting our mistakes we can try to regain our reputation back. People will forget the mistakes of others easily provided that particular person changes his behaviour and behaves properly.
    Some people always try to get a chance and try to damage the reputation of others. We should be aware of such people and we should be away from them. We should not indulge in unnecessary acts so that we will not lose our reputation. Prevention is always better than cure. Why lose reputation and try to get it back?
    Sometimes we may lose our patience and we may behave in a different way which may cause damage to us. But we should be quick in coming back to normal and we should not hesitate to accept our faults so that other can't go on pointing out, again and again, the same mistake.

drrao
    always confident

Reputation is a very important aspect in our lives. If a person is able to maintain his reputation then only he will get the respect and attention in the society. People will have faith in such persons and expect honest behaviour from them.
    To understand this in a better way let us consider a business company which wants to keep the reputation of its products on top and takes so many quality control measures for it and tries to satisfy the customer even by replacing or compensating. That is what keeps its reputation high. Same thing is with human beings. They have to maintain their reputation to make a reliable place in the society.

Knowledge is power.

Demeaning other person and spoiling their reputation is the organized crime and that should be dealt with firmly. Only few days back a famous hotel in Hyderabad known for Biryani has earned the wrath of a customer for finding a bee in the dish and thus within minutes the otherwise overflowing hotel with customers and parcels getting over soon had a deserted looks and the Biryani were left over and need to be destroyed. No doubt the issue is serious but that could have been dealt with personally and having hyped, the competitor hotel nearby had the roaring business and this proves that there was a hidden crime and that might have been organized to blame the famed hotel which is serving Hyderabad biryani for the past 60 years and going strong. And now the hotel is closed for want of trust and faith back in the minds of customers.
    K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

• Sign In to post your comments