Flash Fiction Writing Challenge- Part 2- Write a sequel and win the bumper prizesThe challenge continues! We are now announcing the Part -2 of the Flash Fiction Writing Challenge.
What you have to do: You will have to write a sequel to the story assigned to you. For example Mohan will have to continue with/ develop the story by Kailash Kumar in Part 1. Needless to say that the sequel should be connected to the story allotted and must include at least one character mentioned therein. Please make it a point to make your sequel more meaningful and interesting irrespective of the quality of the story assigned to you.
The sequential list is as follows-
1. K Mohan will write the sequel to Kailash Kumar's story.
2. Kailash Kumar – Umesh
3. Umesh- Neelam
4 Neelam- Dhruba
5. Dhruba- Niharikha
6. Niharikha- Dr Srinivasa Rao
7. Dr Srinivasa Rao- Dr Sanchita Ranjan
8. Dr Sanchita Ranjan- Partha K
9. Partha K- Shampa Sadhya
10. Shampa Sadhya- Mohan
1. The story should be in English. We are doing away with the requirement of using the three words given for the 1st part so as to give you a wider space to explore. You may bring in new characters and situations to the available story. You can include conversations, dialogues, etc but no slang and no references to weapons, alcohol, medications (drugs), and the kind.
2. A member can submit only one story. The story should be submitted in the category of Discussion Forums>>About IndiaStudyChannel>>Creative Writing. Once you submit it, please give a direct link to the story in a response to this thread for it to be considered as an entry to this contest.
3. There is no restriction on word limits but it should not be too short (like a forum thread) or very long (as an article).
4. The story must have a final conclusion.
The winner will receive a cash award of Rs.75/- (up to two stories will be selected), and other participants will get up to a maximum of 25 points and some cc based on quality. The total of Part-1 and Part-2 will determine the winners of the bumper prizes.
The bumper prize: Rs.200/- for the member who gets the maximum number of points accumulated overall for the two parts. In case two members have the same points, each will receive this prize. The next highest will get a prize of Rs.100/-.
Note- Please also spare some time to put in a response to other entries so that some interesting discussion relevant to some aspect of the story also takes place.
Closing date of Part-2: 23rd June 2022.