You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Announcements

Discontinuing Question papers section

Dear all,

To align better with our long-term goal of becoming an education portal that provides unique content, we are discontinuing the Question Papers section with immediate effect.

Recently Google penalised ISC as part of their latest algorithm which focuses on reducing ranking for sites that provide non-unique content. As we are all aware, Question Papers submitted by members are not unique content and they are available in many other sources. We would like to reduce all such non-unique content and disabling the QP section is one of the steps toward that.

Any content posted till now will be reviewed and will be published if they qualify.

All cash credits and points earned in the past will remain in the profiles of the members.
    You have revealed the reasons for its discontinuation and this appears to be the valid reason. Question- papers of the different examinations are available in the different sites and in that way, it is loosing its uniqueness which was earlier thought of. Time to time review is necessary to make this forum more appropriate to the readers. We would appreciate the decision taken up by the webmaster connecting this issue.

Any content which is not attracting good traffic and also not being placed in higher ranks by the search engines has to be discouraged and I feel that from that aspect it is a good decision to close the QP area.
    I have also observed one thing while information updates of schools and colleges that at many places small corrections are required which interested members can do by going to the official website of the institution.
    I have a suggestion to make that if some special incentive scheme can be formulated for that for a fixed period then more members can be attracted to do that type of update. I remember earlier, time to time many such schemes were announced and members wholeheartedly participated in them.

Knowledge is power.

I never participated in this old question papers section. The site managers are the best people to decide which sections can be closed and which can be given importance. I welcome the decision of the Webmaster. I wish and hope all the members here will contribute their best and see that the site will be always number one. Not only members but also the management and editorial members should manage their time and start contributing here so that we can get more and more traffic. I wish ISC all the best.
    drrao
    always confident

Previous years Question Papers help students to prepare examinations. These questions are necessary to know exam pattern and syllabus. But due to non-unique content it is difficult to improve SEO and traffic of any portal. It is good step taken by admin to follow latest Google algorithm.
    Phagu Mahato
    Success occurs when opportunity and preparation meet.

Dynamic changes are to be incorporated in a growing system. In that regard ISC WM will be in his right and responsibility to bring necessary changes in ISC as per need of the day. Members are deemed to comply. The announcement is noted.

Even though it is not a happy news to stop a particular section of ISC, the reason for that change is clearly mentioned which will satisfy all members. We should move on our path with different ideas.
    Vimaldev.........So simple

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.