You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Can we take the convenience and comfort ones are interchangeable?

I hope the title itself will give a clue of what is convenience and comfort I may come up with this topic of thread convenience.

For this we may have to first take the definition or meaning of both. Convenience gives or fits well with one's needs while comfort gives easiness or relaxed way of things. So both cannot be interchangeable.

In our day to day life we always choose between the two or even struggle between the two . For example, we may choose to travel which may be convenient in getting tickets but that may not be comfortable always. But when we choose for comfortable, getting it may not be convenient always. Best example is many options available for train ticket reservation which may be conveniently done online but while choosing options, it may not be comfortable all the time, to get a good berth for senior citizens or even sometimes for youth too, If youth choose lower berth for their convenience, someone at the train may conveniently ask the lower berth for the exchange of their upper berth or middle berth.

Recently, I get caught in this way, I got lower berth, and when I get into the train, the whole compartment is full and a lady with a child wanted an exchange from me, but I am unable to do so due to the exigencies of health and age. So comfortable may not be always convenient.

So members may also come with their experience of struggling between convenience and comfort.

This is my entry for topic based thread convenience
    Convenience and then comes comfort. It is convenient to travel by train. But sometimes the berth we get may not be very comfortable. That is why these days we are looking for sleeper buses. There are many private sleeper buses. It is very convenient to book a ticket for these buses online. We can select the convenient berth and then reserve the seat. That is why many times we are going by bus for overnight journeys rather than a train.
    It is very convenient to travel by metro trains in cities like Hyderabad and we can avoid traffic. But as they are very crowded it is not at all comfortable to stand and travel in these trains. We can go by a car by sitting comfortably in the car but the travel will take more time and we feel very inconvenient. We have to choose between a car and the metro.

drrao
    always confident

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.