You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Legendary director K Viswanath is no more

Legendary director-actor K Viswanath passed away in Hyderabad late Thursday in his 93rd year.
    K Viswanath began his film career as a sound recordist and worked as an assistant director for a brief period. He became a full-fledged director in 1961 with Aatma Gowravam, a hit Telugu movie. He directed over 50 Telugu and Hindi films. He dealt with themes like the caste system, disability, untouchability, gender discrimination, dowry and socio-economic challenges.

He won five National Film Awards, several Nandi Awards and Filmfare Awards also. Viswanath was honoured with the Padma Shri in 1992 and the Dadasaheb Phalke Award in 2017. He was honoured with an honorary doctorate by Potti Sriramulu Telugu University. He was well known as Kalatapswi.

I pay my condolences to his family. I pray to God to see that his soul will be rested in peace. Om Shanthi.
    I will always remember his Telegu film Sankarabharanam, a movie that my mother liked very much. His legion of fans will miss him.

R.I.P. K Viswanath. My condolences to his family.

When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

K Viswanath will always be remembered as one of the greatest directors India has presented to world. I have seen some of his movies like Sankarabharanam, Swathimutham, Saagara Sangamam, Sargam, Kaamchor etc and has always been a great fan of his. He was one among the few who could draw audience to the theaters just by his name because his name guaranteed entertainment as well as class. I never miss a chance to watch his films like Sankarabharanam and Saagara Sangamam whenever they are telecast on the television. Great director, creative and socially committed!

Subsequently he ventured into acting too and proved that he is a master in that field too.

The Indian film world will surely miss his presence but he will live on for generations to come with the movies he created.

RIP Viswanath sir! May your soul rest in peace.

'Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all'.
    -Aristotle

He is the person who brings the thought about Carnatic Music in the minds of many people including youngsters through his film "Sankarabharanam" besides the Carnatic Music lovers. When I went to that film with my maternal uncle, the film was started in the theater with titles. As the theater inside was dark a theater person hold a torch to show our seat came with us. I just told him, 'entha ro mahanubava' in the meaning which row brother. All sitting persons laughed.

Thanks to author for providing the brief life sketch of director K Viswanath. His rise from a small artist to successful film director was phenomenal. I also pay my condolences and pray almighty for his soul to rest in peace.
    Knowledge is power.

I am thankful to the author for providing the relevant details of director K. Vishwanath having started his career as an artist and later he ultimately rose to the position of a director. He directed several films with brilliance and made his unique position demonstrating his skills.
    I pay my condolences and pray Almighty for his soul to rest in peace.

I heard the name of K. Viswanath but didn't know anything about his contribution to the Telugu film industry. After reading this Forum post and subsequent responses, I get an idea about him.

I pray for the departed soul. Ohm Shanti!

(a) Those who have forgotten Noakhali, how can they protest Sandeshkhali?
    (b) Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it. ---------- Salvador Dali

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.