You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Central Government

Alert! 30th September is fast approaching

Members will definitely remember that the Central Government has decided to withdraw all currency notes of Rs. 2000/- denomination from the market. For this purpose, the deadline has been fixed. 30th September 2023 is the deadline.

Only two days are left. On the other hand, around a fortnight ago, RBI announced that till then Rs. 40,000 crores in Rs. 2000/- notes had not been returned to RBI. These currency notes are still with people, being circulated in the market or kept stored in residences.

The government may not further extend the date of depositing the Rs. 2000/- currency notes to the bank.

So, members! Kindly check/search your unused purses, ladies' vanity bags, unused cases for specs, cupboard, almirah, medicine boxes, pages of books frequently/infrequently read, etc. for long-forgotten currency notes of denomination of Rs. 2000/-. Take these currency notes to your bank and get these notes exchanged without any uncomfortable questions being asked.

Please hurry up!
    A good advisory by the author. This reminder will help people who have forgotten about the last date in this matter.
    Knowledge is power.

I read this news. All these notes will be with some real estate business people or Political leaders. Some industrialists also might have these notes. They may not be able to deposit these notes in the bank as they can't account for those notes. So, what happens to that amount is a big question mark. No middle-class family or poor family will have these notes. When this announcement came, I had two if then with me and I gave them to the bank. Like that, all middle-class people might have got it exchanged. Most probably, there will not be any extension of date as mentioned by the author.
    I am not seeing any Rs,2000/- rupee notes in circulations. Many business people do not accept these notes. Anyhow, as suggested by the author all two thousand rupees notes should get exchanged before 30th of this month.

drrao
    always confident

I have with me one note each of Rs2000/, Rs 1000/, and Rs500/-. I intend to keep them as souvenirs. They keep me reminded of the foolish decision of demonetization (my personal view) and its after-effects.
    " Be Good and Do Good "

Thanks a lot for the alert. Thank God that it was not a midnight announcement!
    'Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all'.
    -Aristotle

1. I am pleasantly surprised to know that KVRR Sir (#775029) has kept a Rs. 500/- note as souvenir. Isn't this note readily available from any ATM? Instead of being so brief and curt, he should have explained. Out of 145 crores Indians, only a very few with fossilized ideas still remember monetizations of 1946, 1978 and 2016. Others have almost forgotten.

2. So far as Saji Sir's (#775034) view is concerned, I thank my stars that I gave this alert on 28th September 2023 at 1033 Hours. Nowadays I find time only at midnight to post something. Fortunately I didn't post this at midnight. If I did that, Saji Sir would get very angry!

(a) Those who have forgotten Noakhali, how can they protest Sandeshkhali?
    (b) Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it. ---------- Salvador Dali

Yes, 30 September is the last date to change the 2000 Notes. It is important for all the religious pilgrims that they should check their boxes and change the 2000 Note currency before the due date otherwise that currency would be waste and their would be no use of the currency.
    Honesty is the best policy.

I wish to refresh those forgetting minds that in 2016, Modiji announced the demonetization of Rs 1000/ and Rs 500/ notes that were in circulation at that time. I do not know whether those Rs 500/ notes are still available in the ATMs now.
    Those who did not face any trouble at that time could not understand the hardships the common people were subjected to.

" Be Good and Do Good "

Let us all remember to deposit Rs. 2000/- currency notes in banks on or before 30th September 2023. Those who want to carry on their hate campaign against a particular person or a particular political party, can easily do so even after the deadline for deposit of Rs. 2000/- currency notes.
    (b) Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it. ---------- Salvador Dali

It is a timely reminder from the author's side. It is not unusual that many of us sometimes forget to locate the place where the currency notes of Rs 2000/- has been preserved. His reminder would make them at least alert to see all the possible places of its presences so that such currencies could be deposited to the banks in time.

Escapist comments when there is no way out. I appreciate Parthaji for his timely reminder regarding the deadline for exchanging the Rs 2000/- notes that are about to be withdrawn. I hope we do not have to witness such great things in the future.
    " Be Good and Do Good "

Reminders are good, but referring to criticism as hate is extreme! I do not understand why expressing dissent against something is equivalent to a hate campaign against someone or a particular party. In that case, criticism of the dissenting voices would also be labelled as a hate campaign isn't it?
    When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

1. Earlier I thought that this is a simple alert for the members of ISC, I never imagined anything controversial in this regard.
    2. But now I have realised that there is enough scope of criticism/dissent on the matter.
    3. After this realisation, I humbly request members who want to deposit Rs. 2000/- currency notes in the bank, should do so latest by 30th September 2023.
    4. And those who don't bother to deposit the same, may raise their dissenting voice against ....... (you know who).

Partha, your point number 4 at 775057. Why? Voice against....why not? Is our Prime Minister above law? Why can't you digest criticism? (I am not referring to your sarcastic comments above for reasons known to you). Please stop the drama.
    'Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all'.
    -Aristotle

1. I humbly submit that the present thread is/was a simple alert to the members of ISC to deposit Rs. 2000/- notes in the bank by today (30th September 2023).
    2. I didn't give the post a political tone. This has been done by two very erudite and illustrious members.
    3. Today morning, I have tried to take a resolve not to respond to meaningless rant. I will try to stick to my resolve.

This thread has been re-opened to inform members that RBI postponed the last date for the exchange or deposit of Rs 2,000 notes to 7th October 2023. So there is an extension of a week if you still have these notes.
    When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.