You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Uttarakhand

Industrialisation in uttarakhand-merits and demerits?

Merit:
    I feel that the industrialization of Uttarakhand will benefit the local population a lot by generating job opportunities in the area.

Demerit:
    The setting up of industries on the agricultural land that is already in scarcity in Uttarakhand is a big set back for agricultural production. India has a large population to feed and the agricultural land in India is less. By eating up the agricultural land for factories we are reducing the cultivable land thus reduced agricultural produce.
    Industrialization in Uttarakhand has merits and demerits.
    Thanks and Regards,
    Sundar.

As far as i know indusrialization helps any area to develeop but there are some demerits also...this state is mainly depends on tourism of Himalayas and most of the people work hardly for 6months i.e.Apr-November...If the industria;lixation cause them to work for the remaining 4 months it is better to go for industrialization

merits:
    the main benefit of industrialization in uttaranchal is for the job seekers.if they get a job in delhi for 20k,its pretty less as compared to the expenses there.but living in uttaranchal u can earn money n above all u can gain experience.
    apart from speciality jobs industrialization also provides jobs for the local public.this will reduce the migration of local youth to bigger cities.thus they ll grow in confidence and experience while living in their home town.
    industrialization ll result in better revenues for the uttarakhand govt. and put the state on the national map in the field of industrialization.
    demerits:
    1.loss of agricultural land
    2.more pollution
    3.more population,more congestion,traffic jams,more competition from the outside world if laws are not made for providing job to local people
    4.the tourist places ll lose their beauty
    5.himalayas will have to be taken more care of since people tend to go for trekking etc on weekends

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.