You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Uttarakhand

Capital should be changed or not

The capital Dehradoon is perfect as it's a big city and has an airport too and there is no other alternative of it.
    Nainital is a big city too but its located in a region where snowfall occurs in winters so its not suitable for capital.
    On the contrary it has no area for expansion while dehradoon being in plain region
    can be expanded.
    And also it will cost our government a lot of money to change the capital.
    The present CM is performing his tasks quit nicely
    and i hope Uttarakhand will develop like Himachal Pradesh very soon

request to editors: Sir the name of state is changed to Uttarakhand
    please make correction
    Dear Kevin,

Your request has been forwarded to the respective editors of the concerned section. You may get an appropriate reply from some of the editor concerned with this subject soon.

"Teaching is my passion and sharing knowledge is my motto"
    Regards,
    Sukhdev Singh
    Lead Editor Forums Section

Kevin,

Thank you for the information and we changed the name.

Jose Mathew
    Webmaster ISC

Its my peasure to inform you sir

I don't think that changing the capital will be of any use. Instead a summer and a winter capital can be the best solution to this. Nainital in summers and Dehradun in winters. This system is not new as Jammu and Kashmir already has a summer capital(Kashmir) and a winter capital(Jammu). The two capital system will help to solve issue of administration ,as both regions will allow Garhwal and kumaon to have equal footing in the state. Dehradun has the Legislative assembly, while Nanitaal has the High Court. Both cities are well developed and well known in national and international forum.

Why there is the necessity of changing the capital from Dehradun to Nainital. I had been to this lovely tourist place on the way to Haridwar and Rishikesh. I think this city is big and has all the necessities of a capital. Creating one more capital at the behest of tax payers money at Nainital is mere waste exercise. Hope some good sense prevails in the rulers head.

K Mohan

K Mohan
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.