Placement of AdSense Ads in your resourcesWe are introducing a beta feature where you can control where the AdSense Ad should appear in your resources.
Within the content of your resources, you can insert the following special tags, which will be automatically replaced with Google Ads. There are few important guidelines, which you should read carefully before you attempt to do this. Improper use of this can cause AdSense policy violation and would result in losing your AdSense account.
1. Never use too many ad units. More than one unit of Ad should not be visible in the same screen at a time. Keep the ad units away from each other so that there is ample text between ads. If you use too many ads, it will result in violation of Google policies.
2. Never use the tag under a heading. Using ads under the heading will mislead the readers that the Ad is related to the heading, which will be a violation of Google policies.
3. Do not use the tag very near images. Google does not like placing Ad too close to the images since they consider we are unnecessarily pulling attraction of readers to the image and the Ads next to it.
4. Do not place the Ads near the words "click here", "download", "torrent" etc. This can be misinterpreted by Google's automated systems that we are asking users to click on the Ads, even though that is not what the actual text says.
5. Avoid placing the tags in the middle of words within a sentence or in the middle of sentences within a paragraph.
6. The same Ad unit should not be used more than once.
7. In the case of short articles, use only 1 ad unit.
Ideal place to insert the Ads
The best position to place these tags are between paragraphs, leaving 1 line blank space above and below the tag.
Place the first Ad tag after the first big paragraph or after 2 small paragraphs in the resource. The second Ad can be placed at the end of the article or just before the last paragraph.
Most people will not read the entire article. Instead, they will just read first 5-6 sentences and then lose interest unless it is a highly interesting article. The Ad should appear just at the right place where reader starts losing interest. That is where readers will set their mind to move away from that resource and find something better.
Here is an example of how to insert AdSense Ad unit within the content in resources