You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Announcements

Placement of AdSense Ads in your resources

We are introducing a beta feature where you can control where the AdSense Ad should appear in your resources.

Within the content of your resources, you can insert the following special tags, which will be automatically replaced with Google Ads. There are few important guidelines, which you should read carefully before you attempt to do this. Improper use of this can cause AdSense policy violation and would result in losing your AdSense account.

isc_adunits_tag

Important Guidelines:

1. Never use too many ad units. More than one unit of Ad should not be visible in the same screen at a time. Keep the ad units away from each other so that there is ample text between ads. If you use too many ads, it will result in violation of Google policies.

2. Never use the tag under a heading. Using ads under the heading will mislead the readers that the Ad is related to the heading, which will be a violation of Google policies.

3. Do not use the tag very near images. Google does not like placing Ad too close to the images since they consider we are unnecessarily pulling attraction of readers to the image and the Ads next to it.

4. Do not place the Ads near the words "click here", "download", "torrent" etc. This can be misinterpreted by Google's automated systems that we are asking users to click on the Ads, even though that is not what the actual text says.

5. Avoid placing the tags in the middle of words within a sentence or in the middle of sentences within a paragraph.

6. The same Ad unit should not be used more than once.

7. In the case of short articles, use only 1 ad unit.

Ideal place to insert the Ads

The best position to place these tags are between paragraphs, leaving 1 line blank space above and below the tag.

Place the first Ad tag after the first big paragraph or after 2 small paragraphs in the resource. The second Ad can be placed at the end of the article or just before the last paragraph.

Most people will not read the entire article. Instead, they will just read first 5-6 sentences and then lose interest unless it is a highly interesting article. The Ad should appear just at the right place where reader starts losing interest. That is where readers will set their mind to move away from that resource and find something better.

Here is an example of how to insert AdSense Ad unit within the content in resources
    Hello Tony,

It is a nice step that is empowering the members to place the ads in their resources. Please clarify whether the same will also be moderated / edited by the Editors, if they saw any violations.

Regards -
    Lakshmi S
    Editor, Resources & Forums,
    IndiaStudyChannel.com

Thanks for introducing this new feature Tony Sir. I'm certain all contributors will have a certain power in pulling the strings for making the most out of their hard toiled write-ups.
    "Give the world the best you have, and the best will come back to you"

But i think the ISC administration should take this right and place the ads according the necessity instead of members opting for positioning ads by them as there are many chances of messing up.
    K Mohan @ Moga
    'Idhuvum Kadandhu Pogum "
    Even this challenging situation would ease

Mohan,

ISC has already made the best efforts to place the Ads automatically in the most optimal place a computer can decide. But computer has several restrictions on judging the best placement and figuring out Google policies. Editors will not be able to edit each resource to figure out the best place to insert the Ads, even though that would have been an ideal case.

I am sure editors would try to insert Ads in the right spot as and when it is convenient for them, depending on the time they have in hand.

If any member is not comfortable insert the Ad unit in the right spot, just leave it to the default settings. If you insert no Ads, the Ad will be displayed in the default spots.

regards,
    Tony John
    Webmaster - IndiaStudyChannel.com

Sir,
    Is this applicable only for Resources & not for any other section?

When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

As of now, we have implemented this only in resources section. It probably does not make any sense in other sections since most other sections do not have much descriptive content where members can choose to place Ads. In all other sections, we have chosen probably the best spot for automatic insertion of Ads.
    regards,
    Tony John

Hi tony,

It would be more helpful if you or other editors give some more examples through more articles with ads placement at all different but allowable positions. This would be saving extra work of editors and more examples will be helping more for the best ads placement practices.

Kindly Regards,
    Ankit

Hi,
    Sir if one don't use this tag then, "Is their any loss?" I mean after this ISC will put this tag in our articles or not. Just want to clear this doubt.

Vikas Srivastava
    "Rise and Shine"-Each day and night.

If you don't place these tags, ISC will automatically insert the tags in the default positions.
    regards,
    Tony John

Sir, in the case of Example given through the Sukhdev's resource i think [adsense 728x90] would have been better, placed below this paragraph
    'Dusshehra in the East and North Eastern states' along with the [adsense 300x250] in the top right corner of the first paragraph 'India the land of festivals'
    Sir, In total its accounting two more adds along with the automatic ad placed [adsense 90x728] vertically in the right sidebar of the page. And as you said total of three is allowed in page according to the Google adsense policies.
    Sir, i would like to ask you,am i right in the ad placement in the given case, or in this case third ad placement will be unjustified.

Ataul Haque
    ISC member
    All about Indian people and Indian places!

Sri Tony, Any new development is welcome. Initially there may be some doubts and difficulties for those who are not experienced in this regard. I feel that for many of the members it is a new area. Those who are already having their own blogs or websites may be familiar with this.

I for one, am not going to tinker with it for the time being , as I am new to even adsense.I have yet to be fully familiar with many features in adsense account, report etc.
    I request Sri Tony, to venture if possible to give a fully explanatory article or guideline in this matter. The article should contain the present status, what type of ads are now published, where they get published , what can be the relative benefits of different size ads, etc.

I also seek other members who are well versed in this to cite their experience in placing ads at custom decided place. Please also share if the change in tactics has yielded more clicks and more adsense.

The difference is like driving a car by self or just sitting in a car driven by others. It has its advantage and burden also.

Hi Tony sir,
    It is a better option to inserting the permission to place their Ads in the resource section.The proper way is that this system should be implemented automatically so that if any member do any mistake it will lead to violation of adsense policies.

"Earning knowledge is by sharing it with ISC and we will rectify our mistakes."

Hi Tony sir,

Thanks for staring this additional step for all the members. Here I would like to know one thing from you. Suppose I have 40 resources. Then can I add tag [ADSENSE 300x250] to all the 40?

Sir,
    Is this feature applicable to spider websites of ISC.

Regards,
    Nijin

Thanks Tony for clearing the doubts as members need not give more thought on this.
    K Mohan @ Moga

Nijin,

This feature will work in all sites in our network.

regards,
    Tony John

Thank you webmaster for introducing this new feature wherein the authors can place the ads in the places they wish to. However, I am sailing in the same boat of Venkiteswaran sir, as I have no much idea on using the AdSense ads tags and placing them in the places where we like. Hence I too request the webmaster to give a detailed description of the same in a separate article for its better usage by the members of the site.
    -----------------
    Thanks & Regards
    Kalyani

Thanks Mr Tony for introducing another new feature in the ISC and you have explained it in a very simple and illustrative manner and have cleared the doubts of the members very patiently time and again. I am delighted to see that you have chosen my latest article for giving an example.
    "Teaching is my passion and sharing knowledge is my motto"
    Regards,
    Sukhdev Singh
    Lead Editor Forums Section

This is a fantastic movement taken by tony sir, but I have not implemented it on any of my resources as I have not yet post any new resources, after posting any new resources I will test this features and can see how it is affecting to my adsense earning.
    Get Expert advice about Stock Market

Thank you Sir for this great initiative. You have indeed given a detailed and clear explanation on how to place the ads. However being new to adsense there is a bit of a hesitation to use this feature due to the possibility of committing mistake and fear of rejection from Google adsense. If some of our senior members could post resources with detailed explanation along some screen shots of these different types of ads it would be greatly helpful.
    with regards
    Nisha

hi mr tony
    thanks for introducing this new step for ISC but unfortunately i have not yet any post resources,when i posting any new resources i will try this features....
    thank u

Hi Tony Sir,

Indeed this is a good tool to place the Adsense ad as per the justification of writers as they better understand where the reader can be loosing interest in the article.

Here I want to clear one thing from you if this activity of placing ads is related with only those who have Adsense accounts approved or for everyone.

Thanks & Warm Regards,

M K Dubey

Hello Tony sir, May I request you to give full details for implementing the idea of ad placement in resources? As I have never experienced this one before I would be happy If you write full article/resource related to guidelines and steps to implement the ad placements.
    Dr. Paresh B. Gujarati.
    Mechanical Engineer.
    'I'mprovement always begins with 'I'.

Members,
    I have clarified it with the Webmasters. Simply copy-paste it exactly as given by Tony Sir.

Absolutely no HTML tags are required. Just place this code:
    [ADSENSE 300x250]

When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

Hello Vandana Mam,
    I have just simply copy-pasted the code for ad placement in my approved resource but it takes lot of time to publish means page keeps on loading without any process. Why this happens?

Is this code required to paste during first time publishing of any article in resource or we can edit the approved post for ad placement?

Dr. Paresh B. Gujarati.
    Mechanical Engineer.

Today i received the mail from google and text is pasted below.What it meant to us. Please explain ?

In the next month, we'll introduce the +1 button and personal recommendations to display ads. The +1 button will begin to appear on AdSense for Content and AdSense for Mobile Content display ad formats -- image, animated gif, and Flash. +1s will be one additional signal to help determine an ad's relevance and we'll continue to show the ads that will generate the most revenue for you.

We previously launched the +1 button on Google search and for publisher sites to make it easier for people to share and discover content across the web. Soon, your users will be able to endorse specific ads and make the ads more likely to appear to their social connections. We believe that these recommendations could help your readers notice ads on your site more, leading to higher returns for you over time.

If you prefer not to show the +1 buttons on display ads on your pages, you can opt out in your account. For more information please visit the Inside AdSense blog.

Sincerely,

The Google AdSense team

K Mohan @ Moga

Mohan,

Ask your question in a separate thread. This thread is meant for a different purpose.

regards,
    Tony John

Hello Tony Sir, Hope there was lots of work done behind our computer monitors to see the feature back in ISC. Great dedication / work.
    Regards -
    Lakshmi S
    Editor, Resources & Forums,
    IndiaStudyChannel.com

Hi Tony,

Freedom for placing AdSense in our resources is very nice change. Sure it will increases members AdSense revenue share.

With Best Regards,
    Vilas

Hello Tony sir,
    I have tried to use this new ad placement feature in my new resource but it did not work. Can you give me example so I can also start using this feature as per rules of ISC?

Dr. Paresh B. Gujarati.
    Mechanical Engineer.

I have one doubt regarding this feature. By default, the adds are appearing on the left side of the article. But in some articles I saw the adds being placed on the right side of the article. What we have to do inorder to appear adsense adds on right side of the artricle
    Regards
    Ibrahim

Thanks Tony sir for introducing new features. Can we edit our old resources to add this features in our articles. I also received Google Adsense new letter where this feature is mentioned.
    Regards,
    Kothari Keval
    "Sharing Knowledge Is My Aim"

I would like to know the implementation of this new feature in our resources. Is this the correct procedure by clicking the edit option in our approved resource and pasting the AdSense [300*250] Adcode in between the first and next paragraph in the body of the resource and then clicking the publish article button. I need early response from Webmaster sir.
    There are some things that money just cannot buy, like manners, morals and intelligence.

Yes, I also want some clarification regarding procedure to implement this. Thanks Ramprasad
    Dr. Paresh B. Gujarati.
    Mechanical Engineer.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.