You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Gardening in hanging baskets.

Today, trees are vanishing from our villages and cities. We must not be careless in this matter as green trees are necessary for our well-being. We must conserve our nature for our coming generations. Soil erosion will be the result if there is shortage of trees. If we are unable to plant a tree, atleast we can try kitchen garden or hanging garden.

Today in our cities, hanging gardens got much popularity as it need only a limited space and our home can be decorated with natural green and thus our home be like a garden of fragrant flowers. We can plant in hanging gardens the plants like Tulasi, lemon grass, Brahmi, mint etc. The baskets can be hanged at the entrance of the house or placed in the hall or drawing room. We can use wire baskets, wooden baskets and earthen pots of different shapes and sizes. These should be light,attractive and easy to hang. The soil filled in the baskets must contain Nitrogen, Phosphate, Potassium and water in correct quantities. The basket should have a drainage hole and hang it in a water-content place. So try a hanging garden in your home and preserve our nature in our way, for generations to generations.
    These days, especially the people living in flats must use the available balconies to resort to gardening in the baskets as suggested by you. It does not make the environment beautiful but it will add to the beauty and looks of the flat or the house in which you live. People can use the terraces to grow plants in pots. I am using every possible space on my terrace to grow flowering and vegetable plants. The ornamental plants like ferns, palms and crotons can be easily grown in whatever the little terraces you have. The home grown vegetables will be organic without much use of the pesticides and chemicals which you get in the market. If you grow flowering plants like chrysanthemum (chamanthi), you need not go to the market to buy flowers for pooja or just to put a flower in your hair (for women). The medicinal plants like Tulasi and aloevera will go a long way to provide home medicines. Enjoy the fresh Tulasi tea to keep that cough off. Chew the mint leaves which you have grown in a pot. Look at the mint creeper in the attached picture which I have grown in my terrace garden.
    "Teaching is my passion and sharing knowledge is my motto"
    Regards,
    Sukhdev Singh
    Lead Editor Forums Section

Delete Attachment

Most of the people living in the cities, polluted air creating harmful diseases. Forests are cutting day by day, In villages trees going to cut for Farming and for other sources, as compare to cities villages are good for plantation of trees. In the city where places are not available for gardening then they have another option for gardening that is terrace gardening, so the environment of the area will be cool and we will be live near to nature as well.

Regards,
    Nazim.

"If life is the Game, then I will Play for it"

It is a wonderful idea to make hanging gardens at home. Flowers not only look pretty but we all use it for worship and to add colour to our room. Some medicinal herbs can be grown in these hanging gardens like a small lemon grass plant, tulsi, coriander plants, curry plants which will not only look green and give peace but also add flavour in our food.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.