You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Uttarakhand

History of Uttarakhand

The ancient Uttarakhand history goes back to time immemorial,now known as uttarakhand finds its mention in ancient hindu scriptures.Uttarakhand truly has been described as "Devbhoomi"or the "land of Gods".This pristine land,divided into two hilly regions of Kumoun and Garhwal has a number of important pilgrimage sites,several archeological excavations establish different facts about uttarakhand history.It states that garhwal region was earlier termed as uttarakhand and formed a part of the Mauryan empire.On the other hand evidence of kumaon's existence in the stone age has also been proved.the state has been ruled in turns by various dynasties including kushana dynasty,katyuri dynasty,Guptas dynasty,the Pauravas dynasty,the palas,and the british etc.Uttarakhand history represents rich and varied sphere of heritage and culture.
    Uttarakhand is both the new and traditional name of the state that was formed from the hill districts of Uttar Pradesh India Literally North Country or Section in Sanskrit the name of Uttarakhand finds mention in the early Hindu scriptures as the combined regionof Kedarkhand and Manaskhand
    Uttarakhand was also the ancient Puranic term for the central stretch of the Indian Himalayas Its peaks and valleys were well known in ancient times as the abode of gods and goddesses and source of the Ganges River Today it is often called the Land of the Gods (Dev Bhoomi) because of the presence of a multitude of Hindu pilgrimage spots The Pauravas Kushanas Kunindas Guptas Katyuris Palas, the Chands and Parmars or Panwars and the British have ruled Uttarakhand in turns
    thank you

Dear member warm welcome to the educational postal. Please read posting guidelines to know more about the website. Forum section is for general discussion purpose and you have not mention any discussion material with your message. Don't worry it is common mistakes committe by new comers. So read posting guidelines first. Here in this website you can earn as well as learn simultaneously. There are plenty of sections where you can should your skills and knowledge to earn points and cash. Resource section is the main source of earning. Contributing in resource section gives of good cash and points. Another sections such as question papers and ask experts sections also gives you good cash and points. Any doubt you can post in forum section and we are here to help you at an time. Keep contributing.
    Regards
    Kamal

A nice post by Mamta and an equally good supplementary cum complementary response post by Pawan Singh Mahar. Both of you possess potential subject for writing separatel article on the subject.

I was quite enchanted by the Dev Bhoomi on my short visit to the state.
    Standing on the banks of Holy Ganga and with a mesmerising view of the mountains, on a pleasantly chilly early morning, I lost myself to the heavenly sensation and felt that yes, this is Dev Bhoomi.

I am yearning for a more comprehensive and extensive visit to the state. Hope the gods will shower that blessing on me.

Mahar,

It is against posting guidelines to respond to old threads. You have responded to a thread which is around 16 months old. You are requested to initiate a thread of your own if you need to post any information regarding any given topic, which is more than 15 days old.

Senior members are also requested to take note of such things and advise the newcomers accordingly rather than replying to such threads.

@ Forum Editors: Please lock the thread as it is 16 months old.

When you talk, you are only repeating what you already know. But if you listen, you may learn something new!

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.