You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Jammu and Kashmir

Geelani asked Pakistan not to sideline Kashmir issue.

On reacting the remarks of Pakistan opposition leader Imaran khan, today Hurriyat hawk Syed Ali Shah Geelani argued Pakistan not to sideline Kashmir issue. On reacting Imran Khan's remarks he told that such type of comments by any Pakistani political leader is neither support by Kashmir people nor by Pakistani people.
    What do you feel on remarks of Geelani? Is he really interested to bring peace in Jammu and Kashmir? When two countries are coming close to each other and building their trust to maintain peace in this region, is it right to act like this by Geelani?
    Mr. Geelani and all hardline leaders are the main trouble creators in Jammu and Kashmir. The government must take strong actions against them and should through them out side India.

Such pro Pakistani people will never like to resolve the issue of Kashmir. More important is we criticize Geeelanis from roof of top, but we hesitate to speak against non sense comments made by some of the so called intellectuals. The person in consideration is Mr Prashant Bhushan advocating the need of plebiscite in Kashmir. What is your take on such comments?

Sulekha Madam,
    I kept one thread on that time and it was discussed by many members.
    If you observe all five sentences spell by Bhushan find that only the last one is little controversial. Remain he told the truth only. I criticized him but same time we should not forget our responsibility towards our Kashmir brothers. After all it is a integral part of our country.

Thanks and regards,
    Vicky

Thank you Mr Vicky for taking cognisance of my comment. Actually my emphasis is on responsibility in public speaking. Mr Prashant Bhushan has got the celebrity status for being his work and contribution in team Anna. People of India have supported them for their crusade against corruption. It doesn't give them any liberty and right to speak on such a controversial topic. We have made all our efforts to downplay the strategy of Pakistan to make Kashmir issue burning and international. If Prashant Bhushan makes such controversial statement then it will add up only to the advantage of our adversaries. Even if referendum talks something else, are we going to compromise on integrity of nation?

Dear sulekha madam,
    I also feel same that nobody can divide our country and Kashmir is integral part of our country. OK, but at the same time we have some responsibility toward Kashmir people. Do we fulfilling those responsibilities? Ever we stand with them for their progress. If they talking about independence or Pakistan then I feel we are responsible for that. 60 years over but we are unable to won their heart means it total failure of our government and society.
    It the time come to involve all Kashimir people and north east people in main stream.

Thanks and regards,
    Vicky

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.