You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Manipur

Manipur blocked lifted.

Manipur blockade lifted today after 100days of blockade just before four days of PM visit to Manipur. After getting assurance from the central home minister Chidambaram United Naga Council resolve the 100days economic blockade in Manipur. But it is surprised me that our home minister needed more than hundred days to give an assurance to UNC of Manipur to lift the blockade. In those blockade days the life of common people in Manipur become miserable. There was no medicines and oxygen cylinders in hospitals, no petrol in petrol bunks any rates of food materials touched sky because of shortage. So, I appeal tho the UPA government that to act swiftly to tackle problems in future.
    But the blockade is lifted only temporarily as told by UNC Chief. The Bandh has hit people badly due to limited food, medical and fuel supplies. I only wish the Home Minister had given assurance about not taking any unilateral decision on the Sadar Hill issue. The situation was avoidable and let us hope now that a good sense prevails and there is no further Bundh on this issue.

"Semper Sursum"

Dear Sir
    Is this true that Prime Minister is going to visit the state and this has been the reason that Bandh has been lifted?

Regards
    Iti Tyagi
    "Soar to Success"

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.