Posting limits in IndiaStudyChannel (updated)Members,
Many of you are probably unaware that there are certain limits to the number of posts you can contribute in some of the ISC sections.
This is a comprehensive list of the posting limits:
1. Schools: 10 per day (24hrs time frame)
2. Colleges: 10 per day (24hrs time frame)
3. Updates: 3 rejections in last 7 days will cause an automatic posting restriction until the 7 day period is over. Member will be able to post soon after 7 days from the first rejection.
4. Question papers: 100 per month (30 days time frame)
5. Polls [section closed in May 2012]
6. Polls – votes [section closed, hence no votes can be cast]
7. Forum posts: 15 in 7 days
8. Forum responses: 2 consecutive posts in one thread, after which you have to wait for somebody else to respond before you can post a response again
9. Resources: you can post as many as you like. However, if 3 posts are in New submission/pending status, you cannot post more till those are reviewed. If 5 posts are rejected or you are suspended from the section you cannot post.
10. Jobs: 15 per day and posting permission will be automatically blocked on 5 deleted jobs.
11. Reviews: no limits
12. Ask Experts questions: 2 per day
13. Ask Experts responses: no limits. However, if 20 responses are in New submission, you have to wait until they are reviewed.
14. Gifts: not more than 5 gifts in 5 days
15. Links: section closed
16. Closed sections to all members: business directory, classifieds, polls, bookmarks, projects, learn English, practice tests, links, training centres, universities, main database of courses, My India new submissions for cities, towns, etc.
17. Special permission required for: schools, colleges (including adding courses to an existing college post), updates for schools/colleges/My India updates.
If you have any queries about posting limits in any section, please post it in this thread. One of the editors or Webmasters will answer your query.
Update 12th February 2012: Posting limits is different from posting permissions. A posting permission is removed by an editor if you violate a rule, whereas a posting limit is something which is applicable to all members including editors. So, the 'restricted access' message means different things in different sections. For example, in the business directory, you will see it because the section itself is closed for posting. If you see it in the resources section, first check if 5 of your posts there are in pending/new submission section. In that case, you are restricted from posting till these are reviewed by the editors. If, on the other hand, you do not have any resource post in pending/new submission, it means that your posting permission was removed due to a violation of ISC rules.