You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Manipur

AFSPA 1958 should be abolished or not?

AFSPA 1958 it is an act passed by the central government under which armed force have been given maximum power they cant arrest any suspect of terrorists or insurgency and even kill him/her .so many riots have raised from this act like hartals ,sharmila"s fasting ,rape cases .how we will not fear to leave in such a condition.why government cannot abolished this act and make a better one
    Maka, I am sorry but I am not able to understand the actual content of what you want to convey and share. If it is about the unfair facilities and liberties provided to the army by this mentioned act, I too think it is a sort of immunity that is provided to the army personnel for everything they do. I would like to say that the army is allowed to arrest any person who is contravening the law and also can go to the extent of killing them. Now this lead to opposition because it simply is a synonym for dictatorship and domineering nature. We do not want an India which has the army at the helm commanding things and staying immune from all prosecution. They are human too and hence are equal before the law. This gives the facility to the army to kill people which is against the human rights. This should be opposed to the core and the act should be scrapped as the people now are more dynamic and are willing to talk and resolve issues instead of resorting to violence.
    Hakuna Matata: Proact instead of reacting

yes sai what i meant to say is the same that this act should be abolished even if they want to give some power they must pass an act which should not harm the human rights

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.