A school box - creative writing contestDuring our academic years at school, all of us had a pencil box. However, there are other boxes, too, related to our school life. Thinking about these boxes (I thought of at least 10) a concept for a creative writing contest came to mind.
What you have to do: Write a creative story (no poems will be accepted) on any type of box (one type only) related to school life. The entire story should include only that one box and no other box should be included. The story can even be autobiographical in nature. Submit your story in - Discussion Forums >> About IndiaStudyChannel>>Creative Writing. At the end of the story, please mention that it is an entry to this contest, with a link to this announcement page. For this contest, we are not going to put any word limit, but we do expect you not to write some l-o-n-g rambling story. Try to keep it as crisp as possible within approx. 500-550 words. Keep in mind that even a very short story can win a prize. You can include a variety of characters and dialogues and write in any genre, making it humourous, thrilling, put in a sci-fi touch, etc. Give your imagination totally free rein and you need not focus only on something connected to a child/student (that's a tip!). It is also not necessary to literally place the story within a school campus but should be related in some way to school (another tip!).
1. The story should be in English only and must include one relevant link (not more than one) to any section of ISC. The title of the story must include the word 'school' and also the word 'box' or it's plural 'boxes'.
2. A member can submit only one story. You are permitted to edit the story to make corrections, add characters, put in a link, etc but should not change the core of the story.
3. Do not use slang words or any type of indecent humour.
4. After submitting your story, you need to give a direct link to it in a response to this thread so that the jury panel can access it quickly.
Closing date and time: 26th June 2020, midnight (IST).
1. The two best entries will each get a cash award of Rs.125/-.
2. The second best entry will be awarded Rs.100/-.
3. Instead of a third prize, we will reward all non-winning entries cash credits up to a maximum of Rs.25/-, provided they are judged to be deserving ones. Enhanced points, too, will accordingly be given.
So what are you waiting for? Think out of the box and submit your entries soon!
Members are welcome to respond to the story entry thread in an intelligent manner, these responses also being eligible for points and cc after the winners are declared. Any queries related to this contest should be posted in a response to this thread only.