Introduction Gandhi Sagar is a famous suburban area of Bhanpura tahsil of Mandsaur district of M.P. The total population of Gandhi Sagar is almost 12000. Most of the people are govt workers. The native population is less than 5000.
How to reach Gandhi Sagar Gandhi Sagar is 90 Km away from district Neemuch and 70 Km away from district Mandsaur. You can reach Neemuch or Mandsaur by train but after that you have to travel via road. There are not hotels at present time but resorts are being built which will provide night accommodation facility if you want.
Educational institute As it is a suburban area, not many educational institutes are available. The famous educational institutes are:
- Govt. Boys Higher Secondary School
- Govt. Girls Higher Secondary School
- Alpha English High School
- Saraswati High School
Tourist spots Gandhi Sagar is the famous tourist spot of Neemuch and Mandsaur district. The famous entertainment points of Gandhi Sagar are:
- Gandi Sagar Dam : Gandhi Sagar Dam is on the Chambal river. So, Gandhi Sagar is also known as Chambal Dam. The Dam was built in 1960 at the time of Pandit Jawahar Lal Nehru. He laid down the foundation of Gandhi Sagar Dam.
- Gandi Sagar Sanctuary: Gandhi Sagar sanctuary is spread over 368.62 square Kilometer area of Madhya Pradesh and Rajasthan. Deer, Nilgai, Chinkara, Indian Leopard, peacock, etc.
- Chaturbhuj Nala and Rock paintings : Chaturbhuj Nala and Rock paintings are situated almost 7 Km away from Gandhi Sagar Dam. These are famous tourist places.
- Hinglajgarh Fort : Hinglajgarh Fort is near about Bhanpura and almost 35 Km away from Gandhi Sagar. This fort is built on the mountain and must-see points of that area.
- Hakimuddin Kuwakhedawala