Gifts & Awards
Dr. A. Vijaya
You must Sign In to access the contact details.
|Member has not configured any public social profiles.|
Awards & Medals
Dr. A. Vijaya is an active, vivid, enthusiastic Professor in Computer Applications, having over 9 years of teaching experience in handling classes to M.C.A., M.S., and M.Sc. degree students and more than 7 years of research experience in the areas of web mining, web community mining, social network mining, search engine, Natural Language Processing, SVM based Machine Learning, e-HRM and e-leadership. She was one of the rank holders during her school and college studies. She received her M.Phil. Computer Science from Bharathiar University, Coimbatore in the year 2006 and she recently awarded her doctoral degree on Computer Applications from University of Madras, Chennai in the year 2010.
She is a perfect academician. Her career objective is to become a successful woman in Teaching, Research and Development. She started her career as a Lecturer in the year 2001 in P.K.N. College of Arts and Science, Tirumangalam, Madurai and worked there for 4 months. Then she got appointment in Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Bharathiar University, Coimbatore and served there for 4 years. After her marriage in the year 2005, she shifted her career from Coimbatore to Tiruchengode. She joined as a Senior Lecturer in K.S.R. College of Arts and Science, Tiruchengode and she worked there for 4 years. After submitting her Ph.D. thesis in late 2009, she was shifted to the sister concern, K.S. Rangasamy College of Technology, Tiruchengode and worked there for the past 1 year.
She is best known for her research works, teaching ability, student counseling, project assistance, report preparation, and beautification of documentation. She developed an innovative data structure called ‘brush’, a unified e-mail id search engine called ‘DomainExpert’, an enhanced tool for 360? leadership assessment, an integrated methodology/algorithm for mining organizational mobile and e-mail communication network, a machine learning approach for classifying leadership styles using Support Vector Machine and an idiosyncratic e-360? model for identifying leadership in virtual teams. Recently she presented a paper in 9th World Tamil Classical Conference-2010 conducted by Govt. of Tamilnadu held at Codissia Campus, Coimbatore.
She published 6 books by various publishers, 3 papers in national/international journals. She presented 28 papers in various national/international conferences. She has participated several national/international seminars, conferences, workshops, FDPs, and symposiums all over India. She is a member of IEEE, IEEE-Women in Engineering, IARCS (Indian Association for Research in Computing Science), SRCM and Agaram Foundations. She was a member of Board of Studies in Periyar University, Salem and Anna University Coimbatore. Her research work excels in information retrieval, web communities, machine learning, data mining, data structures, NLP, social network mining, leadership assessment and human resource management.
Her expertise in teaching includes design and analysis of algorithms, advanced data structures, Visual C++ Programming, Object oriented Programming, Advanced Java Programming and Dot Net Programming. She is responsible for preparing UGC-SAP research project proposal under the assistance of Prof. Dr. K. Sarukesi and Dr. T. Devi in Bharathiar Univeristy, Coimbatore and a funding amount of Rs. 48, 75, 000 was sanctioned by UGC during the academic year 2001. She was deputed by MCA dept, K.S. Rangasamy College of Arts and Science for undergoing a Microsoft training Programme on .Net. She was acting as a coordinator for Women’s Forum and ISO coordinator in K.S.R. College of Arts and Science, Tiruchengode. She worked as a Jury for paper presentations in national conferences. She was also an in-charge for Research Project Proposal, NAAC Proposal and Parents Meeting in K.S. Rangasamy College of Technology, Tiruchengode.
She is a victorious, optimistic, innovative and open minded personality. Though she born as a 9th child among ten children in her family, she trounced her struggles easily by traveling across the mile stones all the way in her path. She filed her nomination as Member of Parliament (MP) for Namakkal Constituency during the last Lokh Sabha Election-2009.
Dr. A. VIJAYA, M.C.A., M.Phil., Ph.D.,
Assistant Professor in Computer Applications, KSRCT, Tiruchengode
383, Sankagiri Main Road, TIRUCHENGODE-637211, Namakkal, TN, INDIA.
? +91-9244217777 ? vijayakathiravan@hotmail/gmail.com
1. Date of Birth 06-04-1977
2. Age 33 Years
3. Academic Qualification B.Sc. (Chemistry) 84.3% 1995 – 1998 (Distinction)
M.C.A. (Computer Applications) 70.1% 1998 – 2001 (First Class)
M.Phil. (Computer Science) 58.6% 2004 – 2006 (Commended)
Ph.D. (Computer Applications – Labour Studies) 2006 – 2010 (Commended)
4. Academic Distinctions * First class in M.C.A. Degree
* First class with Distinction in B.Sc. Degree
* Distinction (100%) in SSLC Mathematics
* Best outgoing student in School level
* First mark in B.Sc. Ancillary Mathematics
* Secured Medals and Prizes in School and College Levels
5. Areas of Specialization * Data Structures and Design and Analysis of algorithms
* Data / Web / Text mining and Information Retrieval
* Artificial Neural Networks and Natural Language Processing
* Programming in C, C++, Visual C++, Java and .Net
* Object Oriented Programming Structure (OOPS)
6. Experience 8.7 Years (Teaching Experience)
6+ Years (Research Experience)
No. Position Held Duration Organization
1 Asst. Professor Aug 2009 - Aug 2010 K.S. Rangasamy College
Dept. of Computer Applications Technology, Tiruchengode
2 Sr. Lecturer Jun 2005 - Mar 2009 K.S.R. College of Arts &
Dept. of Computer Science - P.G. Science, Tiruchengode
3 Lecturer Aug 2001 - May 2005 Dept. of CSE, Bharathiar
Dept. of Computer Science & Engg. University, Coimbatore
4 Lecturer May 2001 - Aug 2001 P.K.N. Arts and Science
Department of Computer Science College, Tirumangalam
7. List of Publications
1. “Web Communities in Search Engines”, Pallavi Pathipagam South India Pvt Ltd, Erode, Mar 2008, ISBN: 978-93-80024-30-1.
2. “Design of Network Operating Systems”, Pallavi Pathipagam South India Pvt Ltd, Erode, Apr 2008, 2nd Edition, ISBN: 978-93-80024-28-8.
3. “UPSC Q&A for Computer Science”, Pallavi Pathipagam South India Pvt Ltd, Erode, Feb 2008, ISBN: 978-93-80024-29-5.
4. “Network Operating Systems – A Book for P.G.D.A.N.S. course”, SDE, Bharathiar University, CBE., ViKa Publications, Coimbatore, Apr 2003.
5. “C Programming”, Softech Software Solutions, Thirunagar, Madurai, Jul 2001, Release 1.0.
6. “UNIX Operating System”, Softech Software Solutions, Madurai, Jun 2001, Release 1.0.
(b) International Journal
7. “A New Data Structure for Extracting e-mail Addresses from the Web using Information Retrieval and Web communities”, IJCSNS International Journal of Computer Science and Network Security, Seiol, Korea, p.41-46, Feb, 2010.
8. “A Visual Search Engine for Searching Web Pages using Web Community Mining and Natural Language Processing”, CiiT Coimbatore Institute of Information Technology International Journal, Coimbatore, TN, India, July, 2010.
(c) National Journal
9. “Mining Web Communities in Bioinformatics”, CSI Journal of Open Systems, CSI Coimbatore Chapter, p.55-61, Feb, 2007.
(d) International Conference
10. “Mining Web Communities in Bioinformatics”, Proceedings of CSI Coimbatore Chapter Sponsored Southern Regional Conference 2007 on Open Systems, DJ Academy for Managerial Excellence, Coimbatore, 2-3 Feb, 2007.
11. “An Innovative Idea using Brush Algorithm for E-mail ID Harvester”, Proceedings of 3rd IEEE International Conference on e-Science and Grid Computing, Bangalore, India, 10-13 Dec, 2007.
12. “Employee Relationship Finder for HRM using E-mail and Mobile Social Network Analysis”, Proceedings of Second International Conference on Resource Utilization and Intelligent Systems, Kongu Engineering College, Perunduarai, Erode, 3-5 Jan, 2008.
13. “E-mail ID Harvester using Brush Indexer”, Proceedings of Second International Conference on Resource Utilization and Intelligent Systems, 3-5 Jan, 2008, Kongu Engineering College, Perunduarai, Erode, 3-5 Jan, 2008.
14. “Design of an Automated Tool for monitoring Employee Relations Using Mobile and E-mail Logs based Social Network Analysis”, Proceeding of 16th IEEE International Conference on Networks (ICON-2008), Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee, New Delhi, INDIA, 12-14 Dec, 2008.
15. “A Novel Architecture for Crisis Management using Wireless Network and Social Network Analysis”, Proceedings of SALIS International conference on Knowledge Networking in ICT Era, 22-24 Jan, 2009, B.S. Abdur Rahman Crescent Engineering College, Chennai, 3-5 Jan, 2008.
16. “A Visual Search Engine for Searching Web Pages using Web Community Mining and Natural Language Processing”, Proceedings of International Conference on Intelligent Information Systems and Management (IISM’10), R.V.S. College of Engineering and Technology, Sulur, Coimbatore, 10-12 Jun, 2010.
17. “Fostering Tamil Web Communities for mining Tamil Web Pages”, Proceedings of World Tamil Classical Conference - Tamil Internet Conference (INFITT-2010), Govt. of Tamilnadu and “Uthamam” – Ulaga Thagaval Thozhilnutpa Mandram, Coimbatore, 23-27 Jun, 2010.
18. “Thamil Veliyeedugal thedutharketra thedalpori vadivamaippu”, Proceedings of World Tamil Classical Conference - Tamil Internet Conference (INFITT-2010), Govt. of Tamilnadu and “Uthamam” – Ulaga Thagaval Thozhilnutpa Mandram, Coimbatore, 23-27 Jun, 2010.
19. “Combating Spamdexing in Web Search Engines”, Proceedings of International Conference on Emerging Trends in Mathematics and Computer Applications (ICET2010), Mepco Schleng Engineering College, Sivakasi, Virudhunagar, 16-18 Dec, 2010.
20. “Design of Idiosyncratic Tool for Internet Plagiarism: A Solution to Test Academic and Scientific Integrity”, Proceedings of International Conference on Emerging Trends in Mathematics and Computer Applications (ICET2010), Mepco Schleng Engineering College, Sivakasi, Virudhunagar, 16-18 Dec, 2010.
(e) National Conference
21. “Search Engine Optimization! A Challenge to Web Masters!!!”, Proceedings of National Level Symposium for PaperFest ’04 , Dept. of CSE, Bharathiar University, Coimbatore, 5-7 Jan, 2004.
22. “A Preface to Meditation for Value based Education”, Proceedings of National Level Seminar on Values of Meditation, P.S.G. College of Technology, Coimbatore, 3-5 Mar, 2004.
23. “A Unified Search Engine Architecture to search Cyber Domain Experts”, Proceedings of UGC Sponsored National Conference on Distributed Networks, Gobi Arts and Science College, Gobichettypolayam, 26-27 Mar, 2005.
24. “Search Engine Spam Filter Using Support Vector Machine”, Proceedings of UGC Sponsored National Conference on Distributed Networks, Gobi Arts and Science College, Gobichettypolayam, 26-27 Mar, 2005.
25. “Intelligent Data Visualization”, Proceedings of State Level Seminar on Emerging Trends in Soft Computing Technology, St Joseph College of Arts and Science, Trichy, 22nd Sep, 2006.
26. “A Brief Survey of Text Mining”, Proceedings of State Level Seminar on Emerging Trends in Soft Computing Technology, St Joseph College of Arts and Science, Trichy, 22nd Sep, 2006.
27. “A Glimpse on Web Log Mining”, Proceedings of National Conference on Emerging Trends in Computing, Sri Vasavi college, Erode, 2-3 Feb, 2007.
28. “Personalized Medicine using Micro Array Technology”, Proceedings of National Conference on Emerging Trends in Computing, Sri Vasavi college, Erode, 2-3 Feb, 2007.
29. “News Item Extraction and Classification for Text mining in Web Newspaper”, Proceedings of National Conference on Emerging Trends in Computing, Sri Vasavi college, Erode, 2-3 Feb, 2007.
30. “Machine Learning Classifier for Spam Detection”, Proceedings of National Conference on Human Computer Interaction, Kongu Arts & Science College, Erode, 23-24 Feb, 2007.
31. “Healthcare using Telemedicine and Knowledge Management”, Proceedings of National Conference for Research Scholars on “Applications in Emerging Technologies”, Adhiyaman College of Engineering, Hosur, 24-25 Mar, 2008.
32. “Biometric Identification using DNA”, Proceedings of National Conference for Research Scholars on “Applications in Emerging Technologies”, Adhiyaman College of Engineering, Hosur, 24-25 Mar, 2008.
33. “Spam-free Search Engine Optimization for Web Designing”, Proceedings of National Conference for Research Scholars on “Applications in Emerging Technologies”, Adhiyaman College of Engineering, Hosur, 24-25 Mar, 2008.
34. “An Ontological Approach for Bio Medical Data Analysis Using Intelligent Miner”, Proceedings of National Level Conference on Biocomputing (NSBC 2009), Periyar University, Salem, 7th Mar, 2009.
35. “Tissue Mining, Gene Connectivity for Disease Control Using Genespring”, Proceedings of National Level Conference on Biocomputing (NSBC 2009), Periyar University, Salem, 7th Mar, 2009.
36. “An Ontological Approach for Effective Web News Item Extraction”, Proceedings of National Conference on Advanced Computing and Information Systems, Kongu Engineering College, Perundurai, Erode, 21st Feb, 2009.
37. “An Insight into Information Extraction Technologies”, Proceedings of National Conference on Current Trends in Computer Applications, Muthayammal Engineering College, Rasipuram, 27th Mar, 2009.
38. “Word Sense Disambiguation for Information Retrieval Using Brill’s Tagger”, Proceedings of National Conference on Current Trends in Computer Applications, Muthayammal Engineering College, Rasipuram, 27th Mar, 2009.
39. “Brush Algorithm for Information Retrieval in E-mail ID Search Engine using Web Communities”, Proceedings of Third National Conference on New Frontiers in Computing, K.S.Rangasamy College of Technology, Tiruchengode, 24th Sep, 2009.
40. “Tamil Search Engine: A New Approach using Tamil Web Communities”, Proceedings of Second National Conference on Intelligent Computing, K.S.R. College of Arts & Science, Tiruchengode, 5-6 Feb, 2010.
41. “Incorporating Visualization in Search Engine Results using Web Community Mining: An Idiosyncratic Approach”, Proceedings of National Conference on Recent Trends in Computer Applications (NCRTCA’10), Vellalar College of Engineering, Perundurai, Erode, 18th Mar, 2010.
42. “State Space Exploration of Object Oriented Programs: A Distinct Approach in Automated Test Generation”, Proceedings of National Conference on Recent Trends in Computer Applications (NCRTCA’10), Vellalar College of Engineering, Perundurai, Erode, 18th Mar, 2010.
(f) SDP / FDP Attended
1. IARCS Instructional Course in Data Mining Organized by P.B. Siddhartha College of Arts & Science, Vijayawada, 19-22 Sep ’04, 2004-05.
2. AICTE/QIP Short Term Course for MCA Teachers on “Document Management” Conducted by Anna University, Chennai, 13-25 Mar ’06, 2005-06.
3. IARCS Sponsored Instructional Course on Cryptography & Net Security held at Nandha Engineering College, Erode, 1-2 Sep ’07, 2007-08.
4. Two Day Faculty Development Programme (FDP) on Design and Analysis of Algorithms, K.S.R. College of Arts and Science, Tiruchengode, 2-3 Feb ’08, 2007-08.
(g) Workshop Attended
5. UGC Sponsored Workshop (COSIP) on Computer Applications in BioInformatics, Gobi Arts and Science College, Gobichettipalayam., 2005-06.
6. CSI Vellore Chapter Sponsored Two Day Workshop on Data Warehousing, Data Mining & Business Intelligence Conducted by VIT, Vellore, 2005-06, 16-17, Dec ’05.
7. SASTRA organized Five Days Microsoft Registered Indicom Software & Services Workshop on Microsoft.Net, 2005-06, 2-6, Jan ’06.
8. National Workshop on Knowledge Management Conducted by Sona College of Technology, Salem, 2005-06, 22nd Feb ’06.
9. One Day National Workshop on Software Testing Conducted by K.S.R. College of Arts & Science, Tiruchengode, 2006-07, 9th Sep ’06.
10. Workshop on Women Manager’s Convention on the theme “Breaking Barriers & Building Bridges” Organized by Madras Management Association (MMA) Women Manager’s Forum held at Hotel Taj Coromendel, Chennai, 2006-07, 24th Mar ’07.
11. International Workshop on Computational Intelligence Organized by School of CSE, Bharathiar University, Coimbatore, 2008-09, 30th Dec ’08.
12. National Level Workshop on “Research in Computer Science - Issues and Challenges” Organized by Dept. of MCA, K.S. Rangasamy College of Technology, Tiruchengode, 2009-10, 17th Apr ’10.
(h) Resource Person in Seminar
1. DIT sponsored National Seminar on “Domain Driven Data Mining (D^3M)”, Sona College of Technology, Salem., 2010-11, 17-18 Sep ’10.
(i) Resource Person in Workshop
2. NSS Workshop on Healthy Youth for Healthy India Organized by K.S.R. College of Arts & Science, Tiruchengode, 2007-08, 19-28, Jan ’08.
3. NSS Workshop on Healthy Youth for Healthy India Organized by K.S.R. College of Arts & Science, Tiruchengode, 2008-09, 6-12, Jan ’09.
9. M.C.A. Project
“Online Sales Force Automation (OSFA)”, JSP and Oracle as Technologies, Leading software Technologies, Chennai, 2001.
10. M.Phil. Thesis
“DomainExpert: A Sociometric Search engine to Search DomainExperts in Web using Brush Community Miner”, SDE, Bharathiar University, Coimbatore, Research Guide: Dr. K. Vivekanandan, BSMED, Bharathiar University, Coimbatore, June 2004- Aug 2006.
11. Ph.D. Thesis
“Enhancing 360? Feedback Leadership Assessment using Social Network Mining and Machine Learning (in Virtual Teams of Telecom Retail Sales Industry with Emotional Intelligence)”, University of Madras, Chennai, Research Guide and Supervisor: Dr. E. Ilamathian, Registrar (Former), Alagappa University, Karaikudi, July 2006-June 2009.
12. Software Engineering Experience
• “Online Sales Force Automation System”, LEADING SOFTWARE TECHNOLOGIES, Chennai to make all the marketing management activities through online for SPIC, Chennai.
• “Automation of Payroll System”, SOFTECH SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS, Madurai to manage all the payroll calculations of an organisation effectively and easily.
• “Networked Book Processing System”, DSQ BIOTECH LTD, Chennai to automate and to network the library book issue & return management of DSQ BIOTECH LTD.
• “Construction of Job Portal”, TATA INFOTECH, Chennai to match the resumes of the Jobseekers and the jobs of the Employers and track the information through internet for EXCELL CAREER PVT LTD, Chennai.
• “Advanced Computer Centre Management”, RAINBOW COMPUTERS, Madurai to track the enquiry information, student’s vs. faculty’s batch allocation and the fees details of RAINBOW COMPUTERS more efficiently.
• “Domain Expert”, Maze International, Coimbatore to construct a search engine for searching e-mail addresses of domain experts, by giving the domain name as the indices.
• “Doopli”, Maze International, Coimbatore to develop a search tool to identify duplicates and to display similarity percentage between index document and documents in the corpus.
• Guided 73 projects for various full-time/part-time/distance courses in Bharathiar University and KSR College of Arts & Science (24-M.C.A., 45-M.Sc. and 4-M.S. students) on different topics such as “Intranet Monitor and Analyzer”, “Call Processing in Real Time Embedded Switch”, “Knowledge Splash”, “Knowledge Management Tool”, “Hardware Utilization Monitor”, “Brightline’s Management Information System”, “Tracking and Communication in SNMPv3”, etc.
• “Employee Relationship Finder”, Maze International, Coimbatore to design and implement a social network tool for mobile communication among employees in an organization and to identify the relationships in the form of socio metrics.
• “360 degree assessment tool”, Maze International, Coimbatore to identify organizational leadership styles with scores for ten various leadership styles and transformational leader.
13. Career Objective
• To become a successful woman in whatever I do and to enhance my skills and innovations by involving in intensive research work.
14. Software Experience
• Technologies : Microsoft Visual Studio, Microsoft Visual Studio .Net
Framework, Java 2 Enterprise Edition, VAJ, CORBA, CGI
• Front End GUIs : Visual Basic, Visual C++, Developer 2000 (D2K), VB.Net,
C#.Net, Java Applet, Java AWT, Java Swing, EJB
• Back End Databases : Access, SQLServer, Oracle, DB2, FOXBASE
• Operating Systems : DOS, Windows 9x, XP, 2000, Vista, Unix, Linux, Solaris
• Languages : C, C++, Perl, Java, .Net, COBOL, BASIC, PASCAL, FORTRAN,
Visual Basic, Visual C++, ASP, ASP.Net, JSP, HTML, DHTML
• Scripting Languages : VB Script, Java Script, Perl
• Packages : Ms-Office, Photoshop, LOGO, WordStar, Spread Sheet (Lotus),
TASM, MASM, Turbo C-Graphics
• Servers : JWS, PWS, Apache TOMCAT, Web Logic, J2EE, IIS, WAS
• Research Tools : UCINet, SPSS, Google, NetDraw, Pajek, Weka, SVMLight
15. Teaching Experience
• Teaching the following subjects to the specified Institutions for full time/part time under/post graduate students in Computer Science and Applications Departments:
K.S.R. College - Parallel Computing in Perl, Multimedia Computing, Visual C++, Visual Programming, Object Oriented Programming, Visual Programming .Net, Artificial Neural Networks, Computer Graphics, Advanced Java, Business Processes, and Database Management Systems
Bharathiar university - Data and File Structures, Design and Analysis of Algorithms, Object Oriented Programming in C++, Visual Programming, Data Structures, Multimedia Systems, Advanced Data Structures, Artificial Intelligence, Design of Network Operating Systems, Mathematical Foundations for Computer Science, Software Testing, Neural Networks, Advanced Data Structures & Algorithms, Data and File Structures, Design and Analysis of Algorithms, Web Technology, Windows and Word
P.K.N. College - Structural Programming in C, Relational Database Management, Visual Basic Programming
• Worked as Co-ordinator, Class Advisor and Internal/External Examiner in Distance and Regular Programmes of Bharathiar University, Periyar University and K.S.R. College of Arts & Science.
• Syllabus setting for Bharathiar University M.C.A., M.Sc. (Software Systems) and M.Sc. (Software Engineering) degree courses.
• 8+ Years of experience in Exam Invigilation and Paper Valuation for the PG degree courses in Bharathiar University under Choice Based Credit System (CBCS) and Periyar University.
? Enthusiastic and Resourceful
? Rational and Innovative
? Victorious and Optimistic
? Straight forward and courageous
? Cooperative and outspoken
? Humorous and motivating
17. Family Background
Father : Mr. A. S. Amirthalingam, 85 Years old, Groundnut Commission Agent
Mother : Mrs. A. Lakshmi, 74 Years old, Home Maker
Husband : Mr. T. Kathiravan, 38 Years old, Tata Indicom Franchisee
Father-in-law : Mr. T.V. Thangavelan, 68 Years old, Business Man
Mother-in-law : Mrs. T. Nagalakshmi, 59 Years old, Home Maker
? Prof. Dr. K. Sarukesi, M.E., Ph.D., (Warwick, UK)
Vice-Chancellor, Hindustan University, Chennai.
? Prof. Dr. T. Devi, Ph.D., (Warwick, UK)
Professor and Head (i/c), School of Computer Science, Bharathiar University, Coimbatore.
? Prof. Dr. K. Vivekanandhan, Ph.D.,
Professor and Head (i/c), BSMED, Bharathiar University, Coimbatore.
? Prof. Dr. E. Ilamathian, Ph.D.,
Registrar (Former), Alagappa University, Karaikudi.
? Prof. K. Natarajan, M.Sc., M.Phil.,
Director, Centre for IT, KSR College of Arts & Science, Tiruchengode.
? Mrs. S. Kavitha Srinivasan, M.B.A., M.Phil., [Ph.D.],
Executive Director, KSR Group of Institutions, Tiruchengode.
(No colleges found.)
(To list your education here, you must search for colleges and add yourself as a student by clicking on the link 'Add Your Name' in the college details page.)
Recent Posts by Dr. A. Vijaya
View all Recent Posts
(No recent posts found.)