Download Model question papers & previous years question papers
Submit Previous Years University Question Papers
Posted Date: 28 May 2014 Posted By:: Bineesh Member Level: Bronze Points: 3 (₹ 2)
2014 B.Tech. Computer Science and Engineering UNIVERSITY OF CALICUT - SIXTH SEMESTER B.TECH (ENGINEERING) DEGREE EXAMINATION, APRIL 2014 (2009 Scheme) - IT/CS/PTCS 09 603 COMPUTER NETWORKS Question paper
Are you looking for the previous year question papers of university of Calicut B.Tech ? Here is the previous year question paper from university of Calicut. This is the original question paper from the B.Tech Computer Science and Engineering Computer Networks sixth semester exam conducted by university of Calicut in year 2014. Feel free to download the question paper from here and use it to prepare for your upcoming exams.
SIXTH SEMESTER B.TECH (ENGINEERING) DEGREE EXAMINATION,
APRIL 2014 (2009 Scheme)
IT/CS/PTCS 09 603 COMPUTER NETWORKS
Time : Three Hours Maximum : 70 Marks
Answer all questions
1. What are the drawbacks of ring topology?
2. Describe various fields in frame format of FDDI.
3. In what situations contention based MAC protocols are suitable?
4. Explain the two techniques for implementing Ethernet switches.
5. Differentiate between ISO - OSI and TCP/IP reference model.
Answer any four questions
6. Explain in detail about Virtual circuit and their phases.
7. Discuss the features of ATM networks.
8. Explain Distance Vector Routing Algorithm in detail. Illustrate its working with an example.
9. What is IPv6? Explain its advantages over IPv4. Also explain its frame format.
10. Highlight the features of UDP and briefly discuss the same.
11. Discuss the duties of application layer.
Answer section (a) or (b) of each question
12. (a) Explain the following techniques :
(i) Circuit Switching;
(ii) Packet Switching
(iii) Message Switching
(b) Discuss in detail about the wireless LAN MAC sublayers. Also discuss about the high speed networks.
13. (a) State the major difference between Distance Vector Routing and Link State Routing. Discuss how these techniques work.
(b) Define Bridge and explain the type of bridges.
14. (a) What is IP addressing? How it is classified? How is subnet addressing is performed ?
(b) Discuss briefly about four variants of PIM and also explain in detail about DVMRP.
15. (a) Compare OSI and TCP/IP reference models on form of their merits and demerits.
(b) Explain in detail about the following :
Return to question paper search
Next Question Paper:
Related Question Papers:
Fifth semester b.tech, (engineering) degree examination, november 2013 it/cs 09 506-theory of computation (2009 scheme)
Fifth semester b.tech,(engineering) degree examination, november 2013 it/cs 09 504-operating systems (2009 scheme)
Fifth semester b.tech, (engineering) degree examination, november 2013 ec 09 506-microprocessors and microcontrollers (2009 scheme)
Fifth semester b.tech, (engineering) degree examination, november 2013 electronics and communication Engineering ec/ptec 09 502 quantitative techniques for managerial decisions (2009 scheme)
Third semester b.tech, (engineering) degree examination, october 2012 en 09 301-engineering mathematics-III (2009 scheme)
and make money from adsense revenue sharing program
Are you preparing for a university examination? Download model question papers
and practise before you write the exam.