Download Model question papers & previous years question papers
Submit Previous Years University Question Papers
Posted Date: 20 Aug 2014 Posted By:: deebika Member Level: Silver Points: 3 (₹ 4)
2014 Shanmugha Arts, Science, Technology & Research Academy (SASTRA) B.Sc. Electronics Relational database management system (RDBMS) University Question paper
This question paper is from SASTRA university, B.Sc (electronics and computer science), semester 4.
This paper is related to database management. These questions checks your database manipulation skills.
Duration : 3 hours
Marks : 100
PART A (10 x 2 = 20)
1. Define database management system.
2. What is referred to us rotational delay?
3. Exppand the terms: (i). SEQUEL (ii)BCNF
4. Name the three aggregate functions which are provided in SQL.
5. What are objectives of normalization?
6. Define functional dependency.
7. Give two examples for semantic model.
8. Mention the drawback of relational model.
9. Write the various modes in which a data item may be locked by a transaction.
10. Give the responsibility of recovery manager.
PART B (5 x 7 = 35)
11.(a) Explain the features of entity relationship model.
(b) Describe the Btree based indexed file organization.
12.(a) Elaborate the tuple calculus system.
(b) Explain the following basic relational algebraic operations:
13.(a) Describe the inference axioms for functional dependencies.
(b)State the first two normal forms and explain with suitable examples.
14.(a) Write a note on object oriented models.
(b) Discuss the key aspects of hierarchical data base systems.
15.(a) Explain database system architechture.
(b) Describe the two phase locking protocol.
PART C (3 x 15 = 45)
16. Discuss the features of various direct access storage devices.
17. give an overview of QBE.
18. Explain the important aspects associated with multivalued dependencies.
19. Describe thenetwork data model.
20. Write a detailed note on database recovery.
Return to question paper search
and make money from adsense revenue sharing program
Are you preparing for a university examination? Download model question papers
and practise before you write the exam.