Download Model question papers & previous years question papers
Submit Previous Years University Question Papers
Posted Date: 30 Aug 2014 Posted By:: deebika Member Level: Silver Points: 3 (₹ 3)
2014 Shanmugha Arts Science Technology and Research Academy (SASTRA) University B.Sc Electronics Linear IC and applicationas Question paper
This is the previous year question paper of SASTRA university. It is useful for fourth semester B.Sc (Electronics and computer science) and B.Sc(communications and computer science).
B.Sc degree examinations
Fourth semester May 2014
Linear IC and applications Duration : 3 hours
Marks : 100
PART A ( 10 x 2 = 20 )
1. What are the areas of applications of non linear op amp circuits?
2. What is the need for frequency compensation in practical op amps?
3. Define slew rate.
4. Define offset voltage of an op amp.
5. Write an application for sample and hold circuit.
6. What is clipper circuit?
7. Schmitt trigger is not a regenerative comparator.
8. What is a monostable multivibrator?
9. Define capture range of PLL.
10. Define phase transfer conversion efficient of PLL.
PART B (5 x 7 = 35 )
11.(a) Explain the basic terminals of op amplifier.
(b) Explain the function of different stages of an op amp with respect to its block schematic.
12.(a) Derive the expression of input bias current.
(b) Explain CMRR and PSRR.
13.(a) Draw the circuit of half wave rectifier and explain its operation.
(b) Draw the circuit of clipper which will clip the input signal below a reference voltage.
14.(a) Draw the circuit of comparator and explain its operation.
(b) Draw the circuit of saw tooth generator and explain the working principle.
15.(a) Draw and explain the AM detector circuit using PLL.
(b) Explain the fixed IC voltage series regulator.
PART C (3 x 15 = 45)
16. Explain the operation of practical inverting and non inverting amplifier and derive the expression for its current gain.
17. List our the important AC characteristic of op amp for the following:
(b) Frequency compensation.
18. Show with help of circuit diagram an op amp used as
(a) Scale changer
19. Draw the circuit of RC phase shift oscillator and obtain the expression for the frequency of oscillation and gain.
20. Discuss the operation of a FSK generator using 555 timer and Schmitt trigger.
Return to question paper search
and make money from adsense revenue sharing program
Are you preparing for a university examination? Download model question papers
and practise before you write the exam.