Download Model question papers & previous years question papers
Submit Previous Years University Question Papers
Posted Date: 01 Sep 2014 Posted By:: deebika Member Level: Silver Points: 3 (₹ 3)
2013 Shanmugha Arts Science Technology and Research Academy (SASTRA) University B.Sc Electronics Electronic circuits Question paper
This question paper will be usefull for the students in Third semester of B.Sc electronics sastra university. This question paper is related to the questions about the electronic circuits and applications of electronic devices in circuits.
B.Sc degree examinations
Third semester November 2013
Electroic Circuits Duration : 3 hours
Marks : 100
PART A ( 10 x 2 = 20 )
1. Define voltage regulation.
2. What is the transformer utilization factor of a half wave rectifier?
3. Classify amplifiers based on the I/P and O/P.
4. State the advantages of transformer coupled amplifier.
5. Differentiate voltage and power amplifier.
6. What is crossover distortion?
7. Write down disadvantages of using positive feedback amplifier.
8. Compare amplifier with an oscillator.
9. What are Wave shaping circuits?
10. What is bootstrap sweep operation in a transistor circuit?
PART B (5 x 7 = 35 )
11.(a) With a neat diagram explain the working of a bridge rectifier.
(b) (i) List out the disadvantages of Zener diode shunt regulator.
(ii) Draw the circuit of short cicuit protection against the overload and explain its operation.
12.(a) Discuss the frequency response of RC coupled amplifier.
(b) Explain the working of transformer coupled amplifier. Show that o/p impedence depends on source resistance in mid frequency range.
13.(a) List out the characteristics of class A amplifier.
(b) With a neat diagram explain the working of cascade amplifier.
14.(a) Explain FET amplifier with neat diagram.
(b) With a neat diagram explain the working of Phase shift oscillator and derive expression for frequency of oscillation.
15.(a) Explain the working of monostable multivibrator.
(b) Explain how Schmitt trigger circuit is used as a wave shaping circuit.
PART C (3 x 15 = 45)
16. Explain the working of series and shunt voltage rectifiers.
17. With a neat diagram explain the working of direct coupled amplifier. Derive the expression for its overall voltage gain.
18. With a neat diagram explain the working of push-pull amplifier.
19. Explain Barkhausen criteria for oscillation. Derive expression for frequency of oscillations in a Hartley oscillator.
20. Explain operation of astable multivibrator.
Return to question paper search
and make money from adsense revenue sharing program
Are you preparing for a university examination? Download model question papers
and practise before you write the exam.