Download Model question papers & previous years question papers
|The status of this post is Pending. The webmaster may be reviewing this post or have put on hold.|
Submit Previous Years University Question Papers
Posted Date: 23 Jul 2015 Posted By:: Praveen Member Level: Silver Points: 5 (₹ 1)
2015 University of Kerala Bachelor of Computer Application (B Level) Distributed systems fifth semester examination of Kerala university January 2015 University Question paper
Are you looking for the old question papers of Kerala university BCA? Here is the previous year question papers from Kerala university. This is the original question paper of distributed systems fifth semester BCA examination of Kerala university. Feel free to download the original question paper from here and use it to prepare for your upcoming exams.
BCA DEGREE FIFTH SEMESTER EXAMINATION JANUARY 2015
(Objective Type Questions) 25 questions of 1 marks each
1. What is SSL used for?
a)Encrypt data as it travels over a network
b)Encrypt passwords for storage in a database
c)Encrypt files located on a Web server
d)Encrypt digital certificates used to authenticate a Web site
2. You are using e-mail to send and receive private information (e.g. medical data, salary information, social security numbers, and passwords). What do you do?
a) Put all of the information in one large message before sending it to reduce the chance that it will fall into the wrong hands
b) Encrypt the information before sending it through e-mail
c)Put the information in many small messages so that only a small information will be exposed if it falls into the wrong hands.
3. According to the FBI and the Computer Security Institute, most information security breaches occur due to what?
d)Bad Firewall Settings
4. What is the term for an attempt to determine the valid e-mail addresses associated with an e-mail server so that they can be added to a spam database?
b)Directory harvest attack
5. Typo-squatting is?
a) A typo in operating system code that gives malware easy entry
b)A malicious website using a URL similar to a real one
c) The process of patching vulnerabilities
d) What online grammar-police complain about
6.The entire hostname has a maximum of
a) 255 characters
b) 127 characters
c) 63 characters
d) 31 characters
7. Which is not a domain name extension
B) .org C) .int D) .com
8. The __________ prevents unlawful access to voice communications by wire.
A) Electronic Communications Privacy Act
B) Freedom of Information Act
C) USA Patriot Act
D) Privacy Act of 1974
9. Which of the following will not protect you from spam?
A) spam blockers
B) e-mail rules
C) popup blocker
10. A __________'s main purpose is to prohibit unauthorized access to your computer via the Internet.
A) popup blocker
C) spyware blocker
D) spam assassin
11. Before discarding a financial document, you should __________.
A) copy it
B) shred it
C) file it
D) post it
12. A __________ is anything that can cause harm.
13. A hacker contacts you my phone or email and attempts to acquire your password.
14. The phrase __________ describes viruses, worms, Trojan horse attack applets, and attack scripts.
15. Hackers often gain entry to a network be pretending to be at a legitimate computer.
C) IP spoofing
D) ID theft
16.A digital signature is
(B) signature in binary form
(C) encrypting information
(D) handwritten signature
17. Kerberos is an encryption-based system that uses
(A)Secret key encryption
(B)Public key encryption
(C) Private key encryption
(D) Data key encryption
18. DNS is
(A)The distributed hierarchical naming system
(B)The vertical naming system
(C) The horizontal naming system
(D) The client server system
19. LDAP stands for
(A)Light weight Data Access Protocol.
(B)Light weight Directory Access Protocol.
(C) Large Data Access Protocol.
(D) Large Directory Access Protocol.
20. Which of the following methods does spyware use to install on an end user's machine?
A. Bundling with free peer-to-peer programs
B. Social engineering
C. Search toolbars
D. All of the above
(Fill in the blanks) 5 questions of 1 mark each
21. Many organization find that their most valuable assets are their ……..…
22. When an attacker conceals its true identity and adopts some other identity, this is known as ………
23. Unsolicited commercial e-mail is also called …………..
24The foremost goal of the information security function should be to ______.
25. ICANN stands for ……………
(True/False) 5 questions of 1 marks each
1. Keeping software up-to-date helps avoid viruses.
2. All of your passwords should be the same.
3. If someone has gained access to your email the first step is to change your password.
4. You always know when you have a virus.
5. You should never log on to an account on a public computer.
(Short questions) 4 questions of 05 marks each
31. What is cyber crime?What are the different types of cyber crime?
32. Explain the concept of digital signature certificate in detail
33. What is cyber squatting and reverse hijacking?
34. Explain S-65 and S-74 from IT ACT 2000.
Return to question paper search
and make money from adsense revenue sharing program
Are you preparing for a university examination? Download model question papers
and practise before you write the exam.