Download Model question papers & previous years question papers
Submit Previous Years University Question Papers
Posted Date: 11 Feb 2016 Posted By:: Vin Member Level: Silver Points: 3 (₹ 3)
2013 Mahatma Gandhi University B.Tech. Computer Science and Engineering CS 010 304 Computer Organization B.Tech Question Paper November 2013 Question paper
Your computer organization question paper is uploaded here. The exam conducted on November 2013 so that questions appeared here will be more useful. Download it and use it properly.
Name of University: Mahatma Gandhi University
Year of Exam: 2013
Month of Exam: November
Subject: Computer Organization
Course: Computer Science and Engineering
Subject Code: CS 010 304
Time Duration: 3:00 hours
Full Marks: 100
Pass Marks: 40
Part A [5*3=15 marks]
- Why carry look ahead adder is more beneficial than the other types of adders ?
- How floating point numbers are represented using single precision and double precision formats ?
- What is the significance of vertical and horizontal organization of micro-instructions ?
- What is the role of cache memory in improving system performance ?
- What is anticipatory swapping ?
Part B [5*5=25 marks]
- Explain Booth's algorithm for signed multiplication.
- Explain the construction of 1 bit ALU.
- Describe the memory transfer operation using micro-instructions.
- Discuss the concept of memory interleaving and give its advantages ?
- What are the address mapping schemes used for virtual memory ?
Part C [5*12=60 marks]
- Explain how addition is performed by a carry save adder. What are its merits and demerits ?
- Multiply the following pair of signed 2's complement numbers using Booth's algorithm.
- With neat flow charts, explain how floating point addition and division are performed in a computer.
- Draw the block diagram of a typical ALU and explain in detail, how timing and control is achieved.
- What is micro-programming ? Discuss the organization of a micro programmable control unit. How it compare with hardwired control.
- Explain clearly the different schemes followed in optimizing control memory in micro program control.
- Explain the different ways of organizing cache in a computer. What are the merits and demerits of all of them ?
- Compare and contrast direct mapping, set associative and fully set associative cache and explain cache masses in each case by taking suitable examples.
- Distinguish between segmented and paging memory system. Design a memory system having average access time 0.2ms with the help of 2 level memories having 0.2µs and 2ms of access time.
- Explain how virtual address in translated into physical address using fixed length page concept in virtual memory. Explain hit rate and miss penalty.
Return to question paper search
and make money from adsense revenue sharing program
Are you preparing for a university examination? Download model question papers
and practise before you write the exam.