Download Model question papers & previous years question papers
Submit Previous Years University Question Papers
Posted Date: 12 Feb 2016 Posted By:: Vin Member Level: Silver Points: 3 (₹ 3)
2014 Mahatma Gandhi University B.Tech. Computer Science and Engineering Engineering Chemistry and Environmental Studies Question paper may 2014 Question paper
Do you want question papers of Engineering Chemistry and Environmental Studies. Here is the question paper. Any tie can download it and use it properly and attain good marks.
Engineering Chemistry and Environmental Studies
Name of University: Mahatma Gandhi University
Year of Exam: 2014
Month of Exam: May
Subject: Engineering Chemistry and Environmental Studies
Course: Computer Science and Engineering
Subject Code: EN 010 103
Time Duration: 3:00 hours
Full Marks: 100
Pass Marks: 40
Part A [5*3=15 marks]
- What are strong and weak electrolytes? Give examples.
- What are corrosion inhibitors? Give two examples ?
- Define degree of polymerisation.
- Why is the excessive use of synthetic detergents discouraged ?
- What are the ill effects of photochemical smog ?
Part B [5*5=25 marks]
- Explain the construction and working of H2-O2 fuel cell. Mention its applications.
- Explain the corrosion occurring in the following cases:
- Deposition of small particles of dust on the surface of iron.
- Bolt and nut made from different metals are in contact with each other.
- Define glass transition temperature. Explain the factors influencing glass transition temperature and give its significance.
- Discuss the sources of water pollution? Define COD and BOD.
- Mention the importance of solar cells ?
Part C [5*12=60 marks]
- What is single electrode potential? Explain its determination using primary and secondary reference electrodes. [7 marks]
- Zn rod is dipped in 0.11 M ZnSO4 solution at 300 K. What is single electrode potential of Zn half cell if E cell =+0.762 V. [5 marks]
- What are concentration cells? Give one example and write electrode reactions and total cell reaction. [6 marks]
- Explain the construction and working of lead-acid storage battery. Mention its applications. [6 marks]
- Describe galvanizing used as a method of prevention of corrosion. [6 marks]
- What is wet corrosion? Explain the mechanism taking rusting of iron as example. [6 marks]
- Explain the following methods of combating corrosion with suitable examples.
Use of inhibitors
- Use of protection coatings
- Material selection and design
- Distinguish between Thermoplastic and Thermosetting plastic materials. [6 marks]
- Explain the properties and applications of single walled carbon nano tubes. [6 marks]
- Describe how polyacetylene is able to function of a conducting polymer. [6 marks]
- How polyurethanes are obtained? What are their properties and applications ? [6 marks]
- What are the sources of CO and SO2 pollutants in air ? What are their causes ? How it can be cured ? [8 marks]
- How ammonia and fertilizers are harmful to the aquatic system ? [4 marks]
- Explain the different stages in treatment of water for domestic purposes.
- Explain the different methods of disposal of different kinds of solid waste ?
- Explain biodiversity and its significance.
- What are biofuels?Explain any two types and how they can be substitute to the conventional fossil fuel ?
Return to question paper search
and make money from adsense revenue sharing program
Are you preparing for a university examination? Download model question papers
and practise before you write the exam.