Download Model question papers & previous years question papers
Submit Previous Years University Question Papers
Posted Date: 12 Mar 2016 Posted By:: Vin Member Level: Silver Points: 3 (₹ 3)
2013 Mahatma Gandhi University B.Tech. Electronics and Communications Engineering Electronics and Communication and Engineering 2013 may 6 semester question paper on Digital Communication Techniques Question paper
Digital Communication Techniques 2013 question paper is available in ISC. Download the most recently conducted exam question papers and prepare for he exam.
Digital Communication Techniques
Name of University: Mahatma Gandhi University
Year of Exam: 2013
Month of Exam: May
Subject: Digital Communication Techniques
Course: Electronics and Communication and Engineering
Subject Code: 601
Time Duration: 3:00 hours
Full Marks: 100
Pass Marks: 40
Part A [5*3=15 marks]
- A Random variable X is Gaussian distributed with mean (mX ) = 5 and variance
variance ( ????^2) = 64. What is the probability of the event 3 = ?? = 13 ?
- Define error function and complementary error function ?
- Briefly explain PAM, PWM and PPM with neat diagrams ?
- What is Inter Symbol Interference ?
- What is differentially coherent PSK ?
Part B [5*5=25 marks]
- Differentiate Strict Sense Stationary and Wide Sense Stationary Random Processes?
- Explain the conceptualized model of a digital communication system ?
- State Sampling Theorem ? What is Nyquist rate ?
- Write notes on eye pattern ?
- Differentiate coherent binary systems and non-coherent binary systems.
Part C [5*12=60 marks]
- Explain the Gram- Schmidth orthogonolization procedure with example ?
- Define mean ( mX ), auto correlation Rx() and auto covariance function Kx()
of a stationary random process ?
- Prove that Kx() = Rx(??) – (mX )^2
- Explain Matched Filter Receiver ? Derive the expression for output signal to noise
- Explain Maximum Likelihood Estimation ? Derive the likelihood equation.
- Explain in detail PCM generation and reconstruction with block diagrams.
- What is delta modulation ? Explain transmitter and receiver in detail ? Which type
of quantization error occur in this systems.
- Explain the practical solution of Nyquist criterion for distortion less base band
- Discuss the synchronization techniques in detail.
- Explain the following M-ary systems.
- M-ary QAM
Explain coherent binary PSK modulation system with transmitter and receiver
block block diagrams ? Represent the system using signal space diagram.
Return to question paper search
and make money from adsense revenue sharing program
Are you preparing for a university examination? Download model question papers
and practise before you write the exam.