Download Model question papers & previous years question papers
Submit Previous Years University Question Papers
Posted Date: 17 Dec 2016 Posted By:: Preeja Member Level: Gold Points: 3 (₹ 2)
2016 KLE Technological University Computer Computer M.C.A Operating system third semester examination of kerala university Question paper
Are you looking for the old question papers from Kerala university MCA? Here is the previous year question papers from Kerala university. This is original question paper of operating system third semester MCA Degree Examination conducted at Kerala university. Feel free to download the previous year question papers from here and use it to prepare for your upcoming exams
THIRD SEMESTER MCA DEGREE SECOND SERIES EXAMINATION, 2015 (2006 Admn.)
06.304: OPERATING SYSTEM
Time : 3 Hours
Max. Marks : 100
Answer all questions. Each carries 4 marks.
1. Write short notes on system programs.
2. What are the objectives of scheduling?
3. Write short notes on virtual memory.
4. What is the information available in Process Control Block (PCB)?
5. Write short notes on WINDOWS NT.
6. Distinguish between time sharing and multiprogramming system.
7. What are typical operating system services?
8. What are the four necessary conditions for deadlock?
9. Write short notes on logical and physical address.
10. Write short notes on access matrix.
[10 x 4 = 40 Marks]
Answer all six questions. Each question carries 10 marks.
11. Explain system calls in detail.
12. Explain how to solve multiprocess critical problem.
13. Explain deadlock avoidance method using Banker's algorithm.
14. Explain the following:
a) Operation on files
b) Real time system.
15. Explain the following scheduling technique with a neat diagrams:
a) Round Robin Scheduling
b) Multilevel Feedback Queues.
16. Explain how to prevent dead lock.
[6 x 10 = 60 Marks]
Return to question paper search
and make money from adsense revenue sharing program
Are you preparing for a university examination? Download model question papers
and practise before you write the exam.