Download Model question papers & previous years question papers
Submit Previous Years University Question Papers
Posted Date: 21 Mar 2019 Posted By:: kncharyulu Member Level: Gold Points: 3 (₹ 2)
2017 M.Sc. Physics M.Sc.(Second) examination on Solid State Physics -II of Acharya Nagarjuna University Question paper
Here, this is the question paper on Solid State Physics -II. Those candidates who appear for final examination of Physics of any university can use this question paper for reference.
M.Sc.(Second) DEGREE EXAMINATION, MAY - 2017
Solid State Physics II
Time: 3 Hours Maximum Marks:70
Answer any Five questions
All questions carry equal marks
1) Explain what is meant by polarization in solid dielectric. Arrive at the relation between the dielectric
constant and atomic polarizability.
2) Give the classification of representation ferroelectric materials and explain the theory of the
ferroelectric displacive transitions.
3) What is meant by point defects in crystal lattice? Explain different types of point defects with suitable
4) Distinguish between paramagnetism and diamagnetism and explain the quantum theory of magnetic
5) Explain the Heissenberg's exchange interaction in ferromagnetism and discuss the ferro magnetic
6) Give an account of Neel's theory of antiferromagnetism and explain spin waves.
7) Define superconductivity and explain what is energy gap in superconductors. Discuss the observation
and dependence of preparation on energy gap in superconductors.
8) Explain the BCS Theory of superconductors and discuss the imparliart predictors of the BCS theory.
9) Write a note on Two of the following:
a) Ferroelectric domains
b) Adiabatic demagnetization
c) GMR - CMR materials
d) High Temperature superconductors.
Return to question paper search
and make money from adsense revenue sharing program
Are you preparing for a university examination? Download model question papers
and practise before you write the exam.