Download Model question papers & previous years question papers
Submit Previous Years University Question Papers
Posted Date: 22 Jun 2020 Posted By:: Jannane.M Member Level: Silver Points: 3 (₹ 2)
2018 University of Madras Bachelor of Music (Hons) Madras University, Introduction to Theory, B.Mus degree Examination, Year I, Dec 2018. University Question paper
Are you looking for the old question papers from Madras University of Introduction to Theory Paper ? Here is the previous year question paper from Madras University. This is the original question paper of Introduction to Theory , Year I exam conducted in December 2018.
Dec 2018 U/ID 22401/UCBA
Time : Three hours Maximum : 100 marks
Part A - (10×3=30 marks)
Answer any Ten questions
1. Define Svarasthana.
2. What is gati?
3. What is niraikovai?
4. Give the Svarasthanas of mayamalavagoula.
5. Define avarta.
6. Define Vilari irudippan.
7. Give the arohana - avarohana of Bilahari.
8. List any Three Compositions in the raga Kalyani.
9. What are drone instruments?
10. What are varieties of Kovai ani?
11. What are the ragas seen in folk tunes?
12. What is alagu?
Part B - (5×6=30 marks)
Answer any Five questions each in 200 words.
13. Describe the general characteristics of folk songs.
14. Discuss the varieties of Cindu.
15. Write a note on the instruments that can produce only one note at a time.
16. Write a note on the songs of Bhartidasan.
17. Write a note on Sankirna Capu.
18. Describe Tara irudippan.
19. Describe the symbols used for denoting Sthayi is a musical notation.
Part C - (4×10=40 marks)
Answer any Four questions each in 500 words.
20. Write a detailed note on the classification of musical instruments.
21. Discuss the ragalakshana of Kalyani in detail.
22. Write an essay on the contribution of Tanjai Nalvar to South Indian music .
23. Elaborate on the system of 32 Palais.
24. Describe the distinctive features of South Indian Music.
25. Write an essay on the Origin and Development of folk songs.
Return to question paper search
Related Question Papers:
Madras University, Information Sources, B.L.I.S degree Examination, Year I, May 2019.
Madras University, Library Management, B.L.I.S degree Examination, Year I, May 2019.
Madras University, Introduction to computer, B.L.I.S degree Examination, Year I, December 2018.
Madras University, Library Catalogue, B.L.I.S degree Examination, Year I, December 2018.
Madras University, Library and Society, B.L.I.S degree Examination, Year I, Dec 2018.
and make money from adsense revenue sharing program
Are you preparing for a university examination? Download model question papers
and practise before you write the exam.