Download Model question papers & previous years question papers
Submit Previous Years University Question Papers
Posted Date: 21 Jul 2020 Posted By:: Jannane.M Member Level: Gold Points: 3 (₹ 2)
2018 University of Madras M.A. Music Madras University, Advanced Theory ,M.Music degree Examination, Year II, Dec 2018. University Question paper
Are you looking for the old question papers from Madras University of Advanced theory paper? Here is the previous year question paper from Madras University. This is the original question paper of Advanced Theory, Year II exam conducted in December 2018. Feel free to download the question paper from here and use it to prepare for your upcoming exams.
Dec 2018 U/ID 22403/UCBC
Time :Three hours Maximum : 100 marks
PART A - (10×3=30 marks)
Answer any Ten questions,each in 50 words
1. Write three sentences about Corkattikkovai.
2. Define Namavali
3. Explain Madhyama Kala Sahitya.
4. Mention any 3 forms in Isaitamizh with Tala.
5. Name any Three vital elements of Pani.
6. Mention any Three Tiruppugazh songs.
7. Write Three sentences about the structure of flute.
8. Mention any Three merits of modern Music.
9. Write the Sanchara of Dhanyasi.
10. Mention any Three Compositions found in PurviKalyani Raga.
11. Mention any Three songs composed by Gopala Krishna Bharti.
12. Name the Three Geyanatakas composed by Thyagaraja.
PART B- (5×6=30 marks)
Answer any Five questions in 200 words each.
13. Write about the demerits of modern music.
14. Trace the origin of Chandappadalkal
15. Explain one vital element of Pani.
16. Give any Six Tevarappans and their equivalent ragas.
17. Give brief notes on the structure of Nagaswaram.
18. Point out any Six Gayaka - gunas.
19. Write the Sanchara of Arabhi and mention any Three Composition set in this Raga with the names of the Tala and the composer.
PART C -(4×10=40 marks)
Answer any Four questions each in 500 words.
20.ake a comparative study of South Indian music with Hindustani music.
21. Write an essay on the contribution of Syamasastri to South Indian Music.
22. Explain the structure of a Mridangam with the help of a diagram.
23.a)Write the arohana and avarohanaof Sahana.
b) Write Sancharas of Sri ranjani and Begada.
c) Mention any Two Compositions in Todi with the names of the composer and Tala.
24. Give an account of
a) 103 Pans
b) Pans and the time of singing
25. Compare Vocal music with instrumental music.
Return to question paper search
Related Question Papers:
Madras University, Physical chemistry II, M.Sc Chemistry degree Examination, Second Semester , December 2018.
Madras University, Physical Geography, B.A. Geography degree Examination, Second Semester , Dec 2018.
Madras University, Social and economic geography, B.A. Geography degree Examination,Fifth Semester , Dec 2018.
Madras University, socio economic studies, B.A.Geography degree Examination, Sixth semester, Dec 2018.
Madras University, Environmental economics, B.A. Economics degree Examination, Fourth Semester , December 2018.
and make money from adsense revenue sharing program
Are you preparing for a university examination? Download model question papers
and practise before you write the exam.