Download Model question papers & previous years question papers
Submit Previous Years University Question Papers
Posted Date: 17 Nov 2020 Posted By:: Jannane.M Member Level: Silver Points: 3 (₹ 2)
2018 University of Madras Computer Madras University, B.C.A. Degree Examination,Elements of system and software, Third Semester,Dec 2018. University Question paper
Are you looking for the old question papers from Madras University of Elements of system and software paper? Here is the previous year question paper from Madras University. This is the original question paper of Elements of system and software ,Third Semester exam conducted in December 2018. Feel free to download the question paper from here and use it to prepare for your upcoming exams.
Dec 2018 U/ID 46436/UCCF
Time : Three Hours Maximum : 100 marks
PART A - (10×3=30marks)
Answer any Ten questions
1. State the services of operating system.
2. Mention the necessary conditions for deadlock.
3. List the benefits of cooperating process
4. Differentiate between internal and external fragmentation.
5. What is address binding?
6. State the various file access methods.
7. Mention the functions of Kernel.
8. Write short note on threat monitoring.
9. What is dynamic debugging?
10. What is subroutine?
11. Define DMA.
12. State the use of RAM and ROM.
PART B - (5×6=30 marks)
Answer any Five questions
13. Draw the process state transition diagram and describe it in detail.
14. Illustrate how deadlock can be prevented .
15. Elucidate the various contiguous memory allocation techniques.
16. Explain the various directory structures.
17. Write in detail about Application I/O interface.
18. Write short note on conditional call and return instructions.
19. Describe about how to perform HEX to BCD conversions.
PART C - (4×10=40 marks)
Answer any Four questions.
20. Illustrate how monitors are used for process synchronisation.
21. Explain in detail about deadlock avoidance with example.
22. Describe in detail about demand paging with neat sketch.
23. Illustrate the concept of encryption with an example.
24. Write in detail about Modulo 10 counter.
25. Discuss in detail about Direct I/O and memory mapped I/O.
Return to question paper search
Related Question Papers:
Madras University, B.C.A. Computer Applications, Resource Management Techniques, Fifth Semester,Dec 2018
Madras University,B.B.A Degree Examination, Financial Management,Third Semester, Dec 2018.
Madras University, B.B.A. Degree Examination, Production and Materials Management, First Year ,Dec 2018.
Madras University, B.B.A. Degree Examination, Business Regulatory Framework,Fourth Semester,Dec 2018.
Madras University, B.B.A. Degree Examination, Managerial Economics,First Semester,Dec 2018.
and make money from adsense revenue sharing program
Are you preparing for a university examination? Download model question papers
and practise before you write the exam.